Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [DEMO] Vendetta Thread (Two Games, and a 1 Hour playable Chapter!)

Dead content awaiting restoration.

kizor

Well I went back and saved up 300 and Trish does heal me after that. I restarted again anyway, bought some drinks and carried on.

I got to the boss but she killed me, I was only level 7 though. It's a bit too difficult for me and I can't handle the grind, even more so considering this is a demo.

The fact that you had to tell me not to bother with Trish kind of highlights how harsh this game is, although in my defense I was only using Trish when I thought it was 150 which included full healing and full MP, not a bad deal considering I got 120 per battle. Still, since it's 300, not worth it.

Sounded like a great story but game is way too harsh for me.

You have to level up to beat her!? That's ridiculous. The enemies come in groups so huge and cause so much damage I had to use my poke cans to depletion to fend them off, by the time I got to the top I had no items to fight with, and I was slain easily.

Went back, tried a new strategy -- Didn't fight, I ran from most of the battles, but when I got to the top all of Karen's attacks took more life than my max HP. Once again you've built a game I can't beat... You must not like me very much. :(

It's sad really. This game has such potential, but it's so grueling hard it makes it so it's not really worth playing through. Even if you get pass the first part, you could only imagine how the difficult is only going to get HARDER. To but it simple, as always, make the battles easier...
Here's how you should think about it, imo:
-Enemy weakness are the key to winning battles, EFFICIENTLY.

-Beating the enemy should still be possible through other means, but this would be how you exhaust your resource, by battling inefficiently.

-When people die on the first boss, it discourages them from playing the rest of the game.

Anyway, still there are other things about the game that you should work on too:
-You're rushing the story, slow it down and give it some time to settle with player.

-The "cinematics" are DRY. You should take more time to make things more than just the player reading text. Not to say yours aren't better than other games; I just expect more of you. :p

Yum

Okay, it looks like I got off to a rough start with some people... let me clear some things up...

@ J-Street: If you don't run away from any single enemy group, you'll be level 13 (or more) by the time you reach the top. You also have to make your hits count -> kill enemies in the first turn as much as possible. That way you get the +100% money, +20% EXP bonus. I have never had to grind in the Construction Site. I have to stress that point clearly.

Went back, tried a new strategy -- Didn't fight, I ran from most of the battles, but when I got to the top all of Karen's attacks took more life than my max HP. Once again you've built a game I can't beat... You must not like me very much.
<- I know you're talking about player freedom, but I don't think any RPGs, commercial or independent allow this strategy of play ':|

I have not had to grind to get to level 13 - A viable option for players would be to save at Trish's fountain and experiment with different skills on different types of enemies... There are only three types of enemies in the construction site and they're all straightforward compared to enemies in the rest of the game. On the other hand, you can read this walkthrough:

MINI-WALKTHROUGH (Enemy Specifics and Player Skills for Construction Site Chapter) Also Added to main page

Your Enemies:

1. Knight Ursa: HP 30

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2849/guard1pm5.png[/img]

Weak to Fire

Skills: Frag grenade, Blitz Royale, Media

AUH Behavior: Uses Frag grenade during full / Buffs during lower half.

Drops Poka Can (33%).

Comments: Use Agi on this guy to make quick work on him. At lower levels you might need to get assisted- just add a single attack to finish him off.

2. Squire Sparrow: HP 25

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5921 ... ghtcs8.png[/img]

Weak to Force / resist Shock,

Skills: Media, Pulinpa, Will to Power, Will to Live

AUH Behavior: Buffs during lower half

Comments: Their slim and flimsy bodies get carried away by the wind easily so use Zan for these ones. Their HP is only 25 so at around level 10 Ronan's attacks should be doing them in too. Pulinpa is a dangerous skill at this stage of the game though so I recommend taking them out as a first priority.

3. Knight Basilisk: HP 23

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/12/veh1ka9.png[/img]

Weak to Shock/ resist Ice, Force, Fire, Phys

Skills: Zan

AUH Behaviour: Uses Zan During lower half

Drops: Mantra Stone (33%)

Comments: Tough cookies but with small HP, still they have resistance to other elements and even phys. Use Zio for them or focus fire. They should go down easily.

Yourself:

1. Aleph / OS Apollo (I know he's Fire but nevermind, it's for plot purposes)

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4033/herojl1.png[/img]

Weak to Shock / Resist Force

Innate Skills: Zan (Lv. 1), Focus (Lv. 3), Tackle (Lv. 9)

Comments: Your well-balanced fighter/ mage. He's good for boss battles because he's got Focus and the Zan makes quick work of Sparrows. He hasn't got a large mana pool unlike Mary or Lisa though so you might want to conserve his MP.

2. Mary / OS Ame-no-Uzume

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5272/maryim0.png[/img]

Weak to Force / Resist Shock

Innate Skills: Zio (Lv. 1), Dia (Lv. 3), Will to Live (Lv. 9)

Comments: Your main healer. You will have to develop a system of healing coordinating with Dia, Poka Poka cans and Mantra stones. Management in roaming and in battle is key in this game. Her Zio isnt bad for the Basilisks either and Will to Live is absolutely necessary against bosses.

3. Ronan / OS Dionysius

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/206/ronanfx5.png[/img]

Weak to Fire / Resist Ice

Innate Skills: Bufu (Lv. 1), Back Blade (Lv. 3), Strength Enhance I [Passive](Lv. 9)

Comments: Your main tank / powerhouse. Once he gets Strength Enhance he will really f*** up Sparrows and even Ursas / Basilisks (If he crits, they'll be taken out in a single go). However, his Bufu's useless in this dungeon and he should watch out for Frag grenades. Remember to take out Ursas quickly if he's low on health.

4. Lisa / OS Freyja

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/845/lisauq9.png[/img]

Innate Skills: Agi (Lv.1), Mahagi (Lv. 3), Agilao (Lv. 9)

Comments: Learn to love Lisa in the construction site and she will love you. Her spells are straightforward enough, and the only concern is having enough MP. Agilao is a staple against the construction site boss and it's hard to resist using Mahagi against a group of Ursas ;) oh well.

Final pointers:

1. Kill quick. Kill good.

2. Management and regulation is very VERY important.

3. Leave the items alone if you're being hunted down by a sniper.

4. Get a feel for your opponents - Through normal attacks/ spells you should be able to have a sense of their HP and elemental affinities (if you haven't read the walkthrough but since you're reading this you most likely have).':|

5. The number of enemies in a wave increase as you get nearer the end of a dungeon.

At around level 5, you should be able to kill 3 in each turn (one through focused attack by two party members, and two more by using spells), giving you the 100% Money and 20% exp bonus reward <- that should make your life a lot easier... If it was that impossible, I would not have added the 1st turn bonuses, but it's anything but impossible.

And now in my defense of the story...

Anyway, still there are other things about the game that you should work on too:
-You're rushing the story, slow it down and give it some time to settle with player.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. Nothing's being rushed: What you know right now is
11 Legacies, 9 Sentinels and a Rebellion led by Aleph that got him and his friends all killed
A simple basis - and realistic considering Ronan needs the hero to get up to speed as he is thrown into a war immediately. That's also a major concept of the story:
Being an almost newborn baby - rudely and abruptly awakened from paradise and thrust into a world of danger and warfare.
Please, tell me if you have anymore story complaints and I'll see if they're justifiable or not. That will really help me.

Now, @ Kizor:
The fact that you had to tell me not to bother with Trish kind of highlights how harsh this game is, although in my defense I was only using Trish when I thought it was 150 which included full healing and full MP, not a bad deal considering I got 120 per battle. Still, since it's 300, not worth it.

It's 300 per person, it's meant to be expensive, and it has plot purposes- also, yes the player is not meant to be going back and forth to the fountain to heal. The fountain in the beginning is there as a last resort and as a save point. The fountains at the end of the dungeon on the other hand- you'll have enough money to use their services by then. In my opinion this follows a sense of order- but I could be wrong, any other thoughts on it? And yes, the game is meant to be more difficult than average.

When I said I died to Karen, it was because of an unlucky stun and not because of the HP. The reason I also changed the recommended level because all the encounters allowed me to reach 13 before I got to her.

Once again, I would like to stress, Management in roaming and in battle is key in this game. You have enough resources to sustain yourself with Mary's spells, Poka cans and Mantra stones. As long as you regulate yourself - you will survive. I'm still not convinced that it's TOO difficult or just challenging - Other people such as Twilight and Lust Dragon are able to finish it, I really don't see why other players shouldn't. As it stands, I don't think the game is too rigid as long as you play carefully and intelligently (The Trish save, experiment with elements thing). However, if people still do complain about the difficulty then I'll have to tone it down.

Thanks for all the C & Cs, I hope my post has shed some light on things.

kizor

"It's 300 per person, it's meant to be expensive, and it has plot purposes- also, yes the player is not meant to be going back and forth to the fountain to heal. The fountain in the beginning is there as a last resort and as a save point. The fountains at the end of the dungeon on the other hand- you'll have enough money to use their services by then. In my opinion this follows a sense of order- but I could be wrong, any other thoughts on it? And yes, the game is meant to be more difficult than average."

When you are making a game for people to play, you have to go with the lowest common denominator, assume the player is bad. Assume they need guidance. Personally I think the game is too difficult and while I wouldn't call myself a hardcore RPG player (no level 1 challenges for me) I've completed my fair share. So anyway, here are my main thoughts.

You do get a chance to buy lots of stuff at the start, however you aren't really guessing you will need to spend the ENTIRE fund on healing items. I don't think I've ever played a commercial/fan made game that requires that. Plus you are going to a club in a Utopian society, healing wasn't my first thought

The enemies are too difficult and there are too many of them. They have a weakness but even attacking with that doesn't always 1 hit KO

You told me not to heal via the sprite lady, however there isn't a chance to buy anything once I'm in the sewers so I'm relying on drops, which is scary enough but at the start of the game? Way to ease the player in!

The drops are random. They need to be constant, or increased in probability of being dropped.

People seem to attack in a random order. Very bad for a game that is built on strategy. Since some groups get healed by weaknesses of another. So while the multi hit spells are nice I'm scared to use them. So say Mary does a spell on an enemy and brings it to low health, The other girl cast her multi hit fire to kill the other 2 enemies and ends up healing the enemy that Mary just brought to low health!

The system feels very similar to Digital Devil Saga (I could be wrong) but the difference is that DDS gave you an extra attack round for exploiting weaknesses, this doesn't, so like I said some weaknesses still don't mean a 1 hit KO which means you take more damage and are less likely to get drops since you need to finish in the first round, to get items to heal yourself and restore MP which you NEED. So ultimately it feels like a cycle that can only be broken by lucky critical hits.

Mary can get killed in 1 hit. She fails

Personally I think you assume too much of the player. Saying that people playing should do it this way. If you don't want them to do something don't put it in the game. It's just adding a pretend level of flexibility when there isn't any. To complete the demo I should, buy as many drinks as I can at the start, NEVER heal via the sprite, be at level 13 at least to beat the boss. However I don't know these things because I don't know the game! How am I suppose to know that I need to spend everything on drink before I even get to the club? I know that now but it involved starting over because the first time I got my ass kicked!

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. At least have an easy mode which could give free healing from the sprite, lower MP cost and better drop rates.

Yum

All viable points, I agree with you in some of them... and am trying to find solutions. Here are the ones where I disagree...

You do get a chance to buy lots of stuff at the start, however you aren't really guessing you will need to spend the ENTIRE fund on healing items. I don't think I've ever played a commercial/fan made game that requires that. Plus you are going to a club in a Utopian society, healing wasn't my first thought

The dream sequence with the Goddess was meant to be enough to convince the player to prepare himself for the challenges to come... but I guess that's unreliable, you're right, however there are lots of treasure chests in the construction site - and once you get to level 3 and get the hang of it, you'll be killing 2 out of 3 enemies per turn which isn't bad. I get to the final boss with 11 Poka cans remaining.

The enemies are too difficult and there are too many of them. They have a weakness but even attacking with that doesn't always 1 hit KO

Thus, the need for effective strategy: Use Ronan along with Aleph to kill 1 Ursa/ Sparrow and then use Mary or Lisa to kill a Basilisk/ Ursa. The early parts of the dungeon contain groups of 3 to 4 enemies, whereas the later parts contain groups of 5 to 6 - but you'll be strong enough and comfortable enough by then to eliminate 3 to 4 in one go.

People seem to attack in a random order. Very bad for a game that is built on strategy. Since some groups get healed by weaknesses of another. So while the multi hit spells are nice I'm scared to use them. So say Mary does a spell on an enemy and brings it to low health, The other girl cast her multi hit fire to kill the other 2 enemies and ends up healing the enemy that Mary just brought to low health!

About the Multi-hit healing effect, yes, that is their main drawback... as all the skills have their advantages and disadvantages. You'll just have to factor in the risk/ reward ratio

The random order on the other hand is something I'm planning on getting around for sequels... I'm currently writing a script with uses single character turns and adds a turn for them each time they exploit a weakness or takes off two turns for hitting a resistance- but these will be implemented in future installments so don't count on it for this game.

If you anticipate the amount of damage being done by each character though, you can estimate which skills to delegate against each enemy and you won't be wasting much skills as long as your characters don't miss - in this way, I believe the battle system is solid at the moment.

For example, at level 1: Lisa uses Agi and Ronan attacks to finish off one Ursa, whereas Mary use Zio and Aleph attacks to finish off one Basilisk. 2 down 1 to go. Nice and clean, first turn.

The system feels very similar to Digital Devil Saga (I could be wrong) but the difference is that DDS gave you an extra attack round for exploiting weaknesses, this doesn't, so like I said some weaknesses still don't mean a 1 hit KO which means you take more damage and are less likely to get drops since you need to finish in the first round, to get items to heal yourself and restore MP which you NEED. So ultimately it feels like a cycle that can only be broken by lucky critical hits.

Yes, it's supposed to be a fangame of one of the MegaTen games - the series where DDS was based on. It's actually meant as a spiritual prequel to Nocturne. Please read my previous paragraph - it shows you that yes, it is possible to eliminate a lot of enemies in a single turn.

Personally I think you assume too much of the player. Saying that people playing should do it this way. If you don't want them to do something don't put it in the game. It's just adding a pretend level of flexibility when there isn't any. To complete the demo I should, buy as many drinks as I can at the start, NEVER heal via the sprite, be at level 13 at least to beat the boss. However I don't know these things because I don't know the game! How am I suppose to know that I need to spend everything on drink before I even get to the club? I know that now but it involved starting over because the first time I got my ass kicked!

You don't need to buy all the Poka drinks, the chests in the construction site are enough to get you to level 3, and Mary's Dia should take care of the rest from there onwards. Although your point sounds reasonable, it may be too difficult without the drinks - I've considered this before but now I'm going to do it: I'll add a shop at Trish's fountain :thumb: You can heal via the sprite, although at this stage of the game it's too expensive - that's a staple concept of the MegaTen games, anything easy costs more money. And trust me, if you never run away from a single battle, you'll be more than level 13 when fighting Karen, although to be fair, you can probably beat her in level 10onwards... Will to Live will save you.

The game is meant to be faithful to the concept of death and rebirth and the extreme lethality of MegaTen dungeons, as a walkthrough for one of the games says...

SAVE NOW, SAVE OFTEN:
---------------------
SMT3 is one of the hardest console RPGs I have played in a very long time. Most
"modern" RPGs I don't have too much trouble with, but I watched the Game Over
sequence in SMT3 literally dozens of times before finishing. Playing on the
second time through the game with the harder difficulty setting, (without
excessive twinking of the party via Akuma Zensho) it's more or less par for the
course to have my entire party wiped out once or twice a play session.

Bottom line is, don't get frustrated, and save a lot. Expect to die a lot,
because odds are unless you're very lucky it is going to happen fairly often,
mostly through insta-death attacks. Unless you're testing something weird and
don't want to save, you should probably save every time you come across a
Terminal.

- http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/582958/23739

This game (like Trash Dynamite) is supposed to be a spiritual prequel for SMT3- the game in reference above. Finally, if other players such as Twilight or Lust Dragon are able to finish it even without the walkthrough or any tips from me, then I really really do believe that the game isn't as impossible as you or Panda say it is... However your points have been taken and I'm adding a shop at the fountain as we speak...

EDIT: Thanks for the enduring patience to everyone who's struggled... The newest version is up (v.1.2) and it puts a Shiawase shop in the construction site.

I like the game concept, and you implement the game concept into the actual gameplay very well. About the difficulty: It's a bit annoying to grind so much, but after you reach lvls 4-5 if you've paid attention to enemy weaknesses grinding is easy. Unfortunantly, the very first few battles are too rough....an easy solution to this would be to have all the characters start at lvl 3 instead of lvl 1, it would also make a bit of sense since even with memory loss your body would still have "muscle memory" as it's called. You might also want to put in some kindof hint in the game saying that grinding is required to beat the bosses, so that players don't try to take down Karen at lvl 3.

Oh, and I beat Karen on my second try at lvl 10, without looking at the boss hints. If the player plays smartly it'll take awhile but it's easily possible. Just learn to grind effectively and you'll have 20+ poca cans and a bunch of mantra stones and you're set. (I'll write up a bit on "effective grinding" if people ask for it.)

Edit: Forgot to mention, it was really bugging me how some of the character sprites didn't match up with the face graphics/battlers...the least you can do is recolour the sprites so that the colors match up.

Yum

As for grinding- I guess the concept of running away from most battles is new to me, as I usually don't run from random battles in RPGs, and when I was playing this chapter, I didn't - thus I reach level 13 well before the boss.
Also, you may be right on the first few battles being the hardest - I guess a save point will suffice? Or if not, yeah, maybe I'll start them all at level 3... It should be noted as well, Ronan and Lisa start off around that level.

Sorry about the sprites, I'm planning on fixing that sometime soon. ':|

If the player plays smartly it'll take awhile but it's easily possible. Just learn to grind effectively and you'll have 20+ poca cans and a bunch of mantra stones and you're set. (I'll write up a bit on "effective grinding" if people ask for it.)

User based input is always welcome, and writing a guide for that would help me understand how players unfamiliar to the system think. And so if you do have the time, I'd like to humbly request you to write up a bit ':| I'd be very grateful...

Finally, words cannot express how relieved I am to find that people are actually grasping the gameplay essentials. Thank you (bows).

All this is much appreciated- and counts towards the final development of the game... thank you all for your input. Although at the moment, most C & Cs are gameplay based- any story/ dialogue problems I might have to consider?

EDIT: v.1.3 More balance fixes:
- Unconscious status disappears after battles end leaving player characters with 1 HP
- Fixed some pathing issues
- Changed save point to before the sniper starts hunting

kizor

I thought I would just reply and complain about it being too hard again. However I gave it another shot and I did it.

I have to be honest though, I grinded pretty much next to the sprite, right at the bottom till about level 10. Then made the climb. I still ran away from a few fights but took on most of them. I think I was level 13/14 when I fought the boss. I did it on the first go, if you don't count the level 7 attempt.

The spells do improve with levels but it depended heavily on how many enemies there were about as to whether I could finish in one round.

I had about 7 mantra stones and about 12 Poka cans but I needed them on the boss. Level 2 fire and healing with everyone else. Also does "Will to Survive" stack? Can I cast it more than once?

I still think it's too difficult. Even more so when you consider this is the very start of the game. Although I think a battle order would make the game a lot more fair.

Also, please can Mary have a defense stat next time. Thanks

Yum, it's not that it's impossible. It's just that, you need to build the difficulty from the ground up. I mean the party has to find weaknesses in order to win, yet the enemies only have to attack and they deal major damage. The enemy should have to go through the same hassle if they are going to be that tough.

Another thing is that this is suppose to be the beginning of the game. MOST RPGs try to make sure the player can at least beat the beginning of the game, so they will be interested in the rest. You don't need to make it a breeze, but introduce the fighting elements SLOWLY. Don't throw groups 8 enemies all at once. Build up to getting into the strategic battles. Let people have resources to waste. It's the start of the game, and we're aren't suppose to know how to play efficiently. That's something you figure out as you play.

Although you tell the player about how battles should be handled, again it's not something you pick up within the first 30 minutes of a game.

It's really not difficult if you pay attention to the game, I am pretty sure some of you didn't even bother to read that little manual at the beginning of the game ;)

kizor

Yeah, but like Panda said this is the very start of the game. It feels like too much too soon.

I got through it eventually, but what a slog. I'm not being funny but that demo was more difficult than getting from start to finish of some Final Fantasy games.

Plus the old school challenge is really jarring, when used to modern games. I've owned a NES and some games on that weren't easy so I know games didn't always baby you, but now I'm playing modern games, the snap back from mainstream easiness to what appears to be overly harsh game mechanics is very off putting.

Even going off DDS exploiting weaknesses rewards you greatly but on this game it feels like a necessity. When some people talk on here it makes it seem like me and Panda were just mashing the attack command going "waht dooes elemeental weakerness do?"

Anyway, I'll play through the next demo and I'll probably do a lot better just because I know a bit more of what to expect, but PLEASE can Mary have a defense stat?

*EDIT*

I forgot to mention this and it's totally irrelevant but as I posted messages today I did so wearing a DDS t-shirt. That is all.

Yum

Don't throw groups 8 enemies all at once.

@ Panda: I know you're exaggerating, but I'm not sure it's relevant... -_- the first battles are against groups of 3 with a 4 person party.

Panda:
It's the start of the game, and we're aren't suppose to know how to play efficiently. That's something you figure out as you play.

Although you tell the player about how battles should be handled, again it's not something you pick up within the first 30 minutes of a game.

My only gripe about this is that people seem to grasp the mechanics without walkthroughs though... which in my opinion indicates game balance.

Also, there's the point about this game being too early to be too difficult- but that's the challenge from competitive games I've played (mostly Real-time strategy) - Early game's a bitch. You're setting yourself up to start fighting, and you don't know what your enemies are going to do... I want players to have that feeling- that way, if they do survive and flourish, there's an actual sense of accomplishment (Wow, I took down an entire mob of Special Forces and survived and now I'm clearing them out easily).

@ Kizor: With all due respect, and I know a lot of megaten players would agree, DDS was the easiest spinoff of the series (Along with the devil summoner spinoffs). The final bosses were so straightforward I couldn't believe they'd put these bosses in a megaten game. In megaten 3: Nocturne (where this game is heavily based on), elemental weaknesses were indeed a necessity, and even then, you could still die by getting back attacked or getting hit by insta-kills. Even understanding Elements only got you so far, as so many enemies had "abstract" ways of being defeated... You had to expect to die a lot. It ties in with the buddhist rebirth theme. Expect to die. A lot.

Kizor:
Plus the old school challenge is really jarring, when used to modern games. I've owned a NES and some games on that weren't easy so I know games didn't always baby you, but now I'm playing modern games, the snap back from mainstream easiness to what appears to be overly harsh game mechanics is very off putting.

Should I settle for 'love it or hate it'? When I first played Megaten 3 I loved the new challenge it provided me... getting killed all the time made me feel that yes, this is indeed a dangerous new world, and I will have to fight hard to survive... the same feeling I want this game to have.

Off-topic:about the shirt, did you get the soundtracks and the art books with that as well? Soundtrack's awesome. Especially for DDS 2.

About stacking WTL, I've been planning on tweaking it to do that. Tweaking Mary's defense stats... I'll think about it...

kizor

To be honest I'm just a wuss with these game, I shouldn't be playing them, I like RPGs that are easy and manageable.

I'm from the UK, when DDS came out you could pre-order it from the publisher and get your name in the instruction manual, have a special edition cover and got a t shirt. It's grey with the Shin megami... logo on the back and an orange meteor symbol on the front.

They said that I would get my name in the manual but I never did :( Oh well.

I never actually finished DDS, only played it a while but I do have an urge to go and have a proper go with it. I only stopped playing because I bought so many games and it just got left out.

Yum

To be honest I'm just a wuss with these game, I shouldn't be playing them, I like RPGs that are easy and manageable.

Don't say such things (well the wuss part) I mean to each his or her own right? This just isn't your thing, and that's fair. You've got your own preferences, I don't want to hear you calling yourself a wuss soldier, be a man :thumb: lol sucks though, no soundtrack... and that was the best part of DDS to me ':|

kizor

Yum;237706 said:
Don't say such things (well the wuss part) I mean to each his or her own right? This just isn't your thing, and that's fair. You've got your own preferences, I don't want to hear you calling yourself a wuss soldier, be a man :thumb: lol sucks though, no soundtrack... and that was the best part of DDS to me ':|

lol, I'll be strong. That was just for part 1 what I mentioned. With the second one you got (straight from their site)...

* Digital Devil Saga 2 PlayStation 2
* 44 page manual
* Collectors Edition inlay
* Six collectable artcards featuring images from the game
* 30 track music CD

I never got that because I never finished the first although it's still available and it's really cheap. At the moment I'm on a rental system for another month so I'll probably try and finish the games I get from them, then cancel and start a DDS game up. Nocture also came out but that was apparently even more hardcore. Recently this came out...

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Kuzunoha Raido vs the Soulless Army

but I heard that it divided fans because it was so different from the others.

Yum

Still Off-topic: Ah I got it! Kuzunoha Raidou is THE best game for you, if you want a megaten game with a more lighthearted feel and a hell of a lot easier difficulty (It's like the opposite of Nocturne when it comes to difficulty and you can still fuse demons and all that, and the fighting's easy enough as long as you pay attention to what's happening. Also, in which other game do you get to roam 1929 Japan? It's just a fun romp while waiting for Persona 3.

kizor

Yeah, I watched an online review of that and it did look pretty good. I'll probably check it out, eventually.

I will finish this game you are making though, just...because I've spent so much time arguing about it, I have to compete it now. I wondered though, at the end it prompted me to save so I assume if you release the next part I can go straight to it, using the save I have now?

Any idea on when the next chapter will be ready?

Yum

I wondered though, at the end it prompted me to save so I assume if you release the next part I can go straight to it, using the save I have now?

Any idea on when the next chapter will be ready?

Yes you should be able to use the saved game for the actual game/ next chapter...

However, I still haven't decided on whether I should release it chapter by chapter or if I should complete the whole game... If I do release it in chapter format then the next one will be soon.

Any recommendations from people?

Chapter by Chapter would probably be best if you have the script/gameplay thoroughly written/designed.

You'll find yourself in quite a predicament if you suddenly find plot-holes that could've been fixed if you had tweaked earlier chapters. You also need to make sure you won't run out of gameplay mechanics that would keep things interesting for the full length of the story.

Do you have an estimate on the final length of the game? So far it feels very fast-paced.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.