Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [DEMO] FF7: Sandfall

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am assuming you have a PC... go into your control panel, inside the control panel go to fonts, when you are in fonts... go to file install font (or something like that) then click the directory of the sandfall project and you will see the font appear, then just click to install it.

thank you, i'm at the control panel and did all that stuff, but i can't find the sandfall directory. I checked everywhere. I have it in a folder called downloads but that folder doesn't appear in the list to choose from.

i just installed it and played it for about half an hour, and i can safely say that this is going to be an amazing game when its completed.
The storyline is great, the plot design is very well done and i like the unique ideas about experience and money.
The sprites look very well done and suit the environment, and the setting is great. The mapping is also very well done.

all i can say is great job :)

Blitz_Star_7;224221 said:
thank you, i'm at the control panel and did all that stuff, but i can't find the sandfall directory. I checked everywhere. I have it in a folder called downloads but that folder doesn't appear in the list to choose from.

The only thing I could assume is that your in the wrong folder. Copy and paste the sandfall folder into a folder you definately only have one of... I think my PC has three folders called downloads and I get muddled up sometimes which is which. When looking for a folder start in the mai n harddrive C: or whatever, then documents and settings, then your username and then look from there.

Wow Despain. Not bad, not bad at all.

I love the busker's that sit on the side of the footpath and bop to the music. Aren't they dandy? Also, I like the fast paced action during the fight scenes, it's a lot better fast than *poke (wait 3 sec) another poke*. CompredÄ›?

A very Mexican feel to it altogether, although I am curious as to how you made the gun parts. If that is alright, could you share? I absolutely love this feel. Makes me wanna strap on my Colt revolver and shoot some injuns! (No offense all!) I understand this is probably in the wrong context as well, but who pays attention anyways.

Beautiful work all round. Very pleasing.

although, in the battle, the hero's action-indicator thingy freezes when you reload...-_-. that giltch is a real turn-off.

Kyoru;225137 said:
although, in the battle, the hero's action-indicator thingy freezes when you reload...-_-. that giltch is a real turn-off.

<Despain> tell them
<Despain> that i found out why that happens
<Despain> It's a glitch in the battle system
<Despain> and occurs whenever you reload or use a skill that calls a common event
<Despain> and the enemy beats you to the end line.
<Despain> The battle system reads "turns" awkwardly, when you have a battle event that triggers on the turn, it happens the first time that a character acts
<Despain> even if an enemy beats you there
<Despain> Let them know that now that we FINALLY figured out what the bug IS we're going to start to fix it!!

I played through the demo and its really good stuff. i got a question though. does serren ever level up? I had over 100 exp and he never leveled up. so does he level at all?

Blitz_Star_7;227526 said:
I played through the demo and its really good stuff. i got a question though. does serren ever level up? I had over 100 exp and he never leveled up. so does he level at all?

<Despain> no
<Despain> there aren't any levels in Sandfall
<Despain> Serren's too cool to level up any further yo he's on top of his game B)
<Despain> the purpose of experience points is to be sold
<Despain> money, etc, plays a big part in the game especially since you need ammunition to attack and stuff
<Despain> essentially exp is a form of money. remember enemies don't drop money or items, all they give you is exp

I just played the demo and it was awesome. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. The whole thing being based on a treasure map. But man was I wrong. I love the battle system. And the pit fight was spectacular. It broke my heart when it said that it was the end of the demo...

I can't wait for the full game. I was kind of mad that the demo ended where it did, hehe.

Very solid demo. I was completely immersed in the world of Scarabia from start to finish.

Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.