Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Deadly Sin 2

Deadly Sin 2: Shining Faith

Watch the Cinematic Trailer!

Watch the Gameplay Trailer featuring commentary from me.

wrapperbg.jpg

Deadly Sin 2: Shining Faith

Immerse yourself into a world of conflict, as several opposing factions clash for dominance over the Archaelus Empire and its people.
Take up the mighty blade of Carrion Iblis as he and his friends tear through a massive web of manipulation. Theirs is a journey that
will crack open the doors of destiny, setting the stage for a truly epic struggle for the fate of the world.

In this adventure, Carrion must clash against enemies from within and without... he will face down his own countrymen, repell an
undead invasion, conquer his personal demons, find love, and challenge the power of the heavens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game website: http://www.deadlysinstudios.com

Download trial here: http://www.deadlysinstudios.com/full/deadlysin2.exe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadly Sin 2 is a 30 hour fantasy RPG. Note, this is not a direct sequel to Deadly Sin 1, it is merely the next game in production, much akin to the
Final Fantasy franchise. Deadly Sin 2 boasts a massively improved battle and menu system, and features major script contributions from Mithran.
Note: Mithran's scripts are made specifically for Deadly Sin 2 and are exclusive.

Credits:

Game Design, Soundtrack, Project Leader: Harmonic
Lead Scripter: Mithran
Character Portraits: Saehral.deviantart.com
Player Battle Animations: Sovanjedi
Website Design: Gadreel
Large amount of additional script contributions listed in the game's readme.txt.

Features:

1) The awesome, fully scripted, back-view custom CT-based battle system by Mithran. This is a sophisticated evolution of the RPG battle system that includes
a winner-take-all threat system, and new stats, including Speed, Build, Shield Block, MPregen, and Equipment Weight.

2) Original soundtrack written by the game creator, Harmonic. I make use of high-end VST plugins from EastWest, including Symphony Orchestra, Ministry
Of Rock, Stormdrum, and Symphonic Choirs. All these are tied together using Cubase AI4, and a Yamaha KX8 midi controller.

3) Side quest system: The game features a large amount of dynamic, enjoyable side-quests... these really bring the world to life! And they reward items, money,
and skill points.

4) Augment System! This is a really amazing feature that is pretty unique to Deadly Sin 2. A system scripted by Mithran, it allows you to customize any
weapon, shield, or helm/body/arm armor with augments that you find around the world, or can buy in shops. Each item can be augmented with a total of
one augment item, but the augments can be replaced on the same item, sacrificing the original augment. Augments add stats, status effects, elemental changes,
and other enhancements that are endlessly fun to play around with.

5) In depth skill point system: Each PC has a unique skill tree. Invest skill points gained from leveling up, or completing quests. In Deadly Sin 2, you can have your
skill points refunded by an Inn NPC!

6) Monster nodes: Every map with random encounters can have the encounters turned off by finding the monster node, which also rewards skill points. In Deadly
Sin 2, monster nodes can be turned back on at your will!

7) Mouse interface: You can use the mouse to do most everything, except move around, which is still done with the arrow keys. You can choose not to use the
mouse by simply moving it off screen. Use Alt-Enter to toggle full screen mode.

Screenshots

ds2ss9.png
ds2ss8.png

ds2ss7.png
ds2ss6.png

ds2ss5.png
ds2ss91.png

ds2ss4.png
ds2ss3.png

ds2ss2.png
ds2ss1.png

Note from the author:

As this is the second game in my one-man production company, I am confident that it will prove to be a massive improvement over my first game, Deadly Sin. I am
well aware of the market dynamics of the RPGmaker community, and the realities of commercial game development. Still, I wanted to share my project with as many
folks as possible, and I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

-Harmonic

I don't usually say this but I am fond of the frontal view battlesystem. It's better than the default because your characters are facing your enemies. This game looks well polished I must say. I guess I'm looking forward to trying out the game. Good job. :thumb:

Also, the screenies look great. You're obviously a good mapper!

I love the look of this, and am downloading the trial as I type! This is very professional looking and that front-view battle system is AMAZING looking.

Okay, I played the game, and it's pretty good, but it isn't going to sell for $30! There are too many battles after you get Ruby, and the enemies have more Health so they drag on too long. There are a lot of graphical clashes as well, between the the battlers, the enemies and the backdrops, as well as between some of the characters and some of the objects(such as the fountains and sacks of whatever).

Just as a side note, I'm pretty sure that the EULA for RMXP only allows you to use the RTP for RMXP games, but I don't know enough about it to really say.

I have high expectations for an indie game at a price higher than ten dollars.

Although at first glance, it looks nice, and is very impressive in scope, detail, and concept.

However, when I downloaded it, it kind of fell short. The music, while very nice, is nothing special. The graphics blend nicely most of the time, with the exception of the rmxp skeleton, which I felt looks really out of place.

I also thought it was wierd that you named the characters AFTER you see the intro at the siege, where they all already have their names.

The mapping is very, very nice and the menus and battle have a very nice fluid feel to them.

Were this game free, I would give it 9.5/10.

But it's not so I give it 7/10.

I'm curious, Metatron, where did you get up to before you clocked out?

Because by the end of my hour, the mapping was dropping, the enemies were getting monotonous, and that "flow" at the start turned into enemies that were standing on the walls. Not cool.

P.S. harmonic, you should really have an end to the demo rather than just cutting it off when the hour's up. Estimate how much is an hour worth of game, and end it there.

Edit- and the lack of explanations for things was annoying. I missed so many options in the menu at first, like augment and the skill system(and I never saw where I could change difficulty and put on always run until i watched the trailer just now!)

Harmonic, i just came back from 36 minutes of playing your game, of course i couldve done the hour, but had something i had to do.

now here is what i think of the game.

pretty awesome, but not overly awesome, but im not sure about the selling stuff,
if this was free it would be with out a doubt top 3 best VX games ever or maybe RPG Maker games ever, the story line is worth following, the battle system is actually good even though its frontview, its really good(im no front view fan)

the mapping is great, and the characters are well developed, ofcourse a dum idea to let us name them after youve already presented their names.

i just wish this was for XP, cause then it would be worth a few bucks, cause XP in my opinion has better graphics than VX, and can recive the same framerate as VX with some tweaks, but still an awesome game for VX users, totally recommend to try the trail.

good luck with sales, ive already seen someone has bought it

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The 1-hour trial and the pricing are both very par-for-the-course as far as commercial games of this genre go.

If I had had a much bigger budget, I probably would have had pixel art monsters instead of water color-blended stuff from the RTP, as well as custom battle backgrounds. Legsicon, thanks for the well wishes!

harmonic":3p6savyh said:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The 1-hour trial and the pricing are both very par-for-the-course as far as commercial games of this genre go.
That's not accounting for quality. I mean, if this was non-commercial, it would be more worth playing because it would be one of the best of its type(well, at least as far as RPG Maker goes). But in a commercial market, it's down the other end. Why buy this when I can buy a more polished RPG, like a Final Fantasy game? Basically, you have to consider your market, and it really is, "People without consoles" and "People without much money". These people are going to want a cheaper-than-average game, especially considering the content.

Pokémaniac":1ycn7ogh said:
harmonic":1ycn7ogh said:
That's not accounting for quality. I mean, if this was non-commercial, it would be more worth playing because it would be one of the best of its type(well, at least as far as RPG Maker goes). But in a commercial market, it's down the other end. Why buy this when I can buy a more polished RPG, like a Final Fantasy game? Basically, you have to consider your market, and it really is, "People without consoles" and "People without much money". These people are going to want a cheaper-than-average game, especially considering the content.
My thoughts exactly.

If I didn't have to purchase this game, I would have jumped on it faster than just about anyone else.

But I have to buy it with the money I don't have. If a professional game was released of this quality, I would wait till I can find it in a bargain bin before buying it, if at all. This is better than some professional-made games I've played, but not all that much.

Don't get me wrong, it's good, but not worth my 20 bucks.

Metatron":189ydlnf said:
Pokémaniac":189ydlnf said:
harmonic":189ydlnf said:
My thoughts exactly.

If I didn't have to purchase this game, I would have jumped on it faster than just about anyone else.

But I have to buy it with the money I don't have. If a professional game was released of this quality, I would wait till I can find it in a bargain bin before buying it, if at all. This is better than some professional-made games I've played, but not all that much.

Don't get me wrong, it's good, but not worth my 20 bucks.

But, just to cement this, you'd buy it for $10? (Which is the standard amount people set when talking about how much to price these things at.)

Star

Sponsor

Metatron":3k2tve9f said:
I wouldn't. First of all there's tons of games out there with this quality of work possibly better and some are free. Sure they might have a lot going for them but I'd rather pay 10 dollars for some DLC of Fallout 3 or something. That's more worth my money than an RM game that possibly looks great only for first hour to make you want more than the demo. I haven't tried the demo yet but I will see what the fuss is about. Downloading...

Star":cxhm9v08 said:
Metatron":cxhm9v08 said:
I wouldn't. First of all there's tons of games out there with this quality of work possibly better and some are free. Sure they might have a lot going for them but I'd rather pay 10 dollars for some DLC of Fallout 3 or something. That's more worth my money than an RM game that possibly looks great only for first hour to make you want more than the demo. I haven't tried the demo yet but I will see what the fuss is about. Downloading...

That's a pretty bold assumption. :P

harmonic":2un2e4jh said:
Star":2un2e4jh said:
Metatron":2un2e4jh said:

That's a pretty bold assumption. :P
I dunno, things were slipping by the end of my hour. The enemies weren't even sitting on the battlebacks any more! (Which takes no effort to get right at all. =/)

That's nice to hear, but it's like with a lot of professional games:

Choose one (1):

1) Beginning is good, gets progressively worse.
2) Beginning is crap, gets progressively better.
3) Intro and ending are poor, rest of the game is good.
4) The whole game is shit.
5) The whole game is good.

Playing a commercial game is a money and time investment. If I spend "30+" hours and $19.95 on a game, I want something that will be worth my money and time. I have very little money. I have lots of time. Guess which is the problem. The indie games market is very largely made up of broke college and high school students. The rm community even more so. I'm not sure you actually understand the market dynamics of this market, which as stated, are much different than the dynamics of the market for professionally-made games.

I'm not asking you to change the price, that would be selfish. I'm just saying that you don't truly know the market as you claim you do.

Incidentally, harmonic, have you heard of Aveyond? It's pretty well-known around RPG Maker sites as being pretty much the biggest RPG Maker commercial success- and a pile of crap. It has a much less promising demo than yours, and is inferior in pretty much every way. But it is well marketed, and well priced. Apparently there are five of them now!

Anyway, they cost $7(Well at least the first one does. From memory it used to be $10). So basically, why they sell is, they're cheap, and they're advertised through a bigger site(bigfishgames.com). My suggestions? Bump down your prices and find a reputable site that wants to take your product. Anyone that would want to take on Aveyond would surely want Deadly Sin(but there are other factors to these things besides quality unfortunately).

One last thing- and this is pretty damn minor - having this as a sequel might make people think "well, if I haven't played the first, why play this one?" which means they'll either look past it, or try the first one, which you admit isn't as good, and base their opinions off that. My suggestion is that rather than having this as Deadly Sin 2, have it just as Deadly Sin - Shining Faith or similar. But it's nothing major.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.