Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content CREPUSCULUM: X

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember what context it was in but if I only needed an item of a something I wouldn't type the plural whether there was a picture or not. 

For example:

"I need to find something to restore my health... (picture of leaves as a clue)

I'd still only need a leaf... the point is, there must be a way to get the script to accept multiple answers to activate the same switch or whatever.  All things close to the correct answer should be accepted.

CERU":38iu569t said:
Calibre":38iu569t said:
Actually If that was the point I'm thinking of i think I kept typing "leaf"

There's more than one in the picture, so ...

Edit: I didn't even think of that. :s I might post a "puzzle answer" spoiler for those who are stuck, so they can just refer back to the thread. Would that be a good idea?

It's a flawed system, reminds me of the old text based adventures. I say instead of having pictures, you could say some thing with all the objects capitalized. (I.E. You see a POT with LEAVES covering something shiny.) All the capitalized options would have a reaction. Like if you typed in anything but MOVE LEAVES, it would say "Nothing interesting happened." Just a thought, idk.

CERU

Calibre":1rhshfkv said:
I can't remember what context it was in but if I only needed an item of a something I wouldn't type the plural whether there was a picture or not. 

For example:

"I need to find something to restore my health... (picture of leaves as a clue)

I'd still only need a leaf... the point is, there must be a way to get the script to accept multiple answers to activate the same switch or whatever.  All things close to the correct answer should be accepted.

Lol, not all items have to be used like that. I think I know what you're talking about. You're probably remembering a puzzle that required you to use 3 boards, but it did not say that it required 3, which was confusing. I fixed the problem by hinting that "maybe if I had 3 ..." in the item screen. :)

The puzzles that require plural of one item should now all tell the player that there needs to be more than 1 used. For example, if there are 2 keyholes, 2 slots for plugs. Etc, etc ...

"Leaf" wouldn't be a correct answer because you'd only be moving one. The puzzles are no longer so ambiguous that you would be typing to correct answer, but in a way that the game doesn't recognize. The only way I think that this could happen was that if someone were to type "WOODEN BOX" or some other descriptive detail.

CERU

Necrile":2e04d6j7 said:
CERU":2e04d6j7 said:
Calibre":2e04d6j7 said:
Actually If that was the point I'm thinking of i think I kept typing "leaf"

There's more than one in the picture, so ...

Edit: I didn't even think of that. :s I might post a "puzzle answer" spoiler for those who are stuck, so they can just refer back to the thread. Would that be a good idea?

It's a flawed system, reminds me of the old text based adventures. I say instead of having pictures, you could say some thing with all the objects capitalized. (I.E. You see a POT with LEAVES covering something shiny.) All the capitalized options would have a reaction. Like if you typed in anything but MOVE LEAVES, it would say "Nothing interesting happened." Just a thought, idk.

Its not that complicated. You don't have to type out "MOVE," you select it from a menu before inputting the answer to the puzzle. Originally you had to use various verbs to solve puzzles, but that was removed. In CX more ambiguous puzzle answers were removed or clarified. If you have two plugs and the game tells you you need two of an item known in your item screen as "PLUG" all you have to do is go to the source of where the puzzle is located at and select "PLUG."

Wait, I just realized there is one ambiguous puzzle left. I'm going to go add a hint spoiler section on the first post.

I am at the Police Station and I AM ANGRY

[22] <sharksweetheart> I made it to some extremely buggy boss
[22] <sharksweetheart> I get given a gun at the beginning of this puzzle/boss/thing, so I shoot it (after having to restart due to using all my ammo shooting things that couldn't be injured... the save points are far apart)
[22] <sharksweetheart> It 'dies' (or the graphic goes away) so I go to escape but am attacked by the empty space where it was
[22] <sharksweetheart> It returns
[22] <sharksweetheart> I repeat this process until I run out of ammo
[22] <sharksweetheart> Occasionally a bloody red figure flashes on the screen for a few seconds
[22] <sharksweetheart> I try this about 3 times, altering my strategy a bit each time. Sometimes the red figure would not show up at all, but when it did I would try to shoot it but it would disappear before I could aim properly.
[22] <sharksweetheart> I close the game. o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.