Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content CREPUSCULUM: X

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CERU

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/ ... _Logo2.png[/img]
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/ ... tory-3.png[/img]
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/ ... acters.png[/img]
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/ ... mscopy.png[/img]
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/ ... uzzles.png[/img]

Apartment
- Something lies under the LEAVES
- There are two BATTERY PLUGS
Subway
- You need a HANDLE and something to attach it with.
- You can't reach the top of the subway train without two BOXES
Police Department
- The desks in the 2nd floor investigative office hold two keys to solving your puzzles
- Something is hidden inside the interrogation room wall
Sewer 2
-There are two things blocking the water, not just one. Solve both problems.
Area ???
- Once the power is turned on you can ride the lifts
- If at first you can't open the box, try crushing it. You'll have to MOVE the BOX.
- The large creature in the B1F area can be killed with something hot and wet.
- After killing the large creature, try revisiting a certain meeting room for a special surprise.
Promotional Video:
youtube link
Release 1.1 (full game):
sendspace link

shadow

Sponsor

That's very creative, I like it. Anybody can just type things out, you put a lot of thought and effort into it. Good for you!

Edit: Although, it would be nice if some parts were more readable.

CERU

I thought it would be cool to have it image based, but I guess it is too hard to read the cursive.

It's "... Alexis finds. Like all defensive ..." btw.

I'll redo the font to something more easily readable.

CERU

Arbiter":3lqdeerm said:
CERU":3lqdeerm said:
I thought it would be cool to have it image based, but I guess it is too hard to read the cursive.

It's "... Alexis finds. Like all defensive ..." btw.

I'll redo the font to something more easily readable.

Don't get me wrong, it does look good, but the unreadable text doesn't help anybody, once it has been made readable it will be a hell of a lot better.

Oh, and I knew what the word was, I said it LOOKS like lick.
Thank you so much. Its in print now.

Oh, sorry. :S

Yeah I hope no one does moan at you about this because it's really nice at differentiating and marketing your game.  I don't know if you have already changed it but I can read it all no problem.

CERU

Arbiter":2t1786fj said:
He has changed it, one or two pieces were unreadable, now it looks great.

I'll download this game tomorrow and let you know what I think of it.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. :)

I still remember most of the puzzles so it's not to difficult for me.  The layout of some of the maps have changed which throws me off. I like all the new effects. I've gotten past the subway. Were all the posters hints for whats to come in C2? Like the hospital and the mall?

CERU

coyotecraft":wkw8uebw said:
I still remember most of the puzzles so it's not to difficult for me.  The layout of some of the maps have changed which throws me off. I like all the new effects. I've gotten past the subway. Were all the posters hints for whats to come in C2? Like the hospital and the mall?

Yes, many maps have been changed, specifically for the sewer and police station areas. And, yeah most of the puzzles have remained, although some have been changed.

Yes, its true. I'm so glad you noticed to little details like that. The mall will be featured in C2, but will not play a large part in the game. The hospital, however, could be the most memorable area of C2.

Has the method of puzzle solving changed at all? I remember the "text input" from before but I also remember not actually being able to type out the commands but rather find and select each individual letter, manually, with the arrow keys. This proved to be boring, tedious and just plain unnecessary and I certainly don't want to waste my time downloading only to find it's still there...

CERU

It's still there. :(

I remember there being a text input system for names somewhere online, but I lost it and the only script I could find was a text input system tool for scripters to make scripts out of.

If someone were to show me where I could find a text input script that would override the normal name input or make it keyboard compatable then I would add it into the game and upload a version 1.1.

CERU

Oh, that? I already tried that and I couldn't get it to work. I just tried it again though, but I think I'm doing something wrong. :P

Its REALLY slow and takes pressing t he key like 434324 times before it will type it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong though.

Possibly, do you have both the keyboard and bluescope's script? You need both. Anyway, it should work; I use it all the time. It might actually make the puzzles bearable (no offence, i just find no joy in typing words with that gay little final fantasy name input system)

Also I seem to remember you needed to type things exactly.  Like if the answer was plant pot... you couldn't put pot plant, potted plant, plant, plantpot etc... which is pretty annoying... Is that right?

CERU

Calibre":2rnrfruz said:
Also I seem to remember you needed to type things exactly.  Like if the answer was plant pot... you couldn't put pot plant, potted plant, plant, plantpot etc... which is pretty annoying... Is that right?

Yes and no. The answers are much more clear in this version. The only puzzle I remember that was unclear like that was "SEAT," but that was removed because it was unclear.

The answer is "LEAVES" btw, so its not like theres another word that could mixed up with it. Generally if something is not in your inventory it is something that is VERY obvious such as "BOX." Simple. Most puzzles require you to type out something in your inventory, which is jsut like its spelled in your inventory, except for caps. So its all pretty easy, and easier now in CX than it was in the original game. If you have trouble with any of the puzzles then I'll be sure to help.

So although there is still ONE way to enter the text, its not as ambiguous as you think. 

This system was created because I couldn't figure out how to make usable items when C was created.

Btw, if anyone has any tips on making that input system NOT lag, PLEASE speak up!

CERU

Calibre":qrldrm4h said:
Actually If that was the point I'm thinking of i think I kept typing "leaf"

There's more than one in the picture, so ...

Edit: I didn't even think of that. :s I might post a "puzzle answer" spoiler for those who are stuck, so they can just refer back to the thread. Would that be a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.