Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

breeze-template (PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, seeing as this thread has fallen off of the first page and there haven't been any updates, I present my own update.
Behold, the Breeze kiss template!
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/530/breezekisstv4.png[/img]
And here's an example. Props to anyone who recognizes the characters. (hint - Khaos)
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6845/bkexamplekz6.png[/img]

they both look like guys... but that's a nice little thing you got there. Even if it is... weird.

EDIT:
oh wait, you have multiple gay and straight couples... That makes it okay.

EDIT: It's still pretty good though..

I think in the one he sprited, those are two guys, though there are templates up there for all sorts of combinations... wait, lesbian sprites?

Anyways, it's alright, you never know when you might use it, though I think these are a little to cutesy to be passionate kissers...  A kiss on the cheek thing, yeah.

I'm always confused as to templates with two people doing an action; I mean, how do you make them walk toward each other when they're two completely different events at first, but them somehow bring them into one event smoothly? I'm probably overlooking something totally obvious.

Yeah, I sprited templates for four eventualities - boy/boy, boy/girl, girl/girl, girl/boy. The protagonist of a game I'm working on is gay, thus the example sprite.
@Jeronimus - I haven't really tried them out, but I think you could do it like this -
[1][  ][2]
[ ][ b ][ ]
[ ][ c ][ ]
[ ][ d ][ ]
where [ ] indicates an empty visual, 1 and 2 are the characters, and b, c and d are the second, third and fourth frames. Alternatively, it'd work fine in a cutscene - a=>b=>c=>d.
Hope that helped. If anyone has any C&C for the template, that'd be great - revising it would make it better. The main problem I ran into was that their heads are so large, the can barely hold hands. Can't fix that without distorting the sprites, though.

sould work as far as I can see, although they just slide closer, there's no walking animation (moonwalk?). But it's really good.

gratheo":284tqb35 said:
OK, seeing as this thread has fallen off of the first page and there haven't been any updates, I present my own update.
Behold, the Breeze kiss template!
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/530/breezekisstv4.png[/img]
And here's an example. Props to anyone who recognizes the characters. (hint - Khaos)
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6845/bkexamplekz6.png[/img]

imho I don't think there needs to be a template for every single move, easy edits on the characters can be made quicker.

I didn't have any time lately *all kinds of shit to do* so I haven't been able to update anything..

*for recent update check the first post*

Cool template. I normally don't like breezes (damn heads are huge!!!) but these are pulled off quite well.

gratheo":1zm4wtn0 said:
Yeah, I sprited templates for four eventualities - boy/boy, boy/girl, girl/girl, girl/boy. The protagonist of a game I'm working on is gay, ...

Okay, that is really original. Not many people are secure enough in their sexuality to do this.
I'd like to hear the story behind this.

The post above... Who would really want to play as a *Cough*G*Cough*ay Guy anyway?
But anyway, I think this template is one of the best ever, I will post some of my creations later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.