Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

berka's Video script II reloaded!

This script works great for me unless I have the game in full-screen mode. When the game is in full-screen mode, the script will call the movie but after it's finished I find myself in whatever other program I had running (or at the desktop) and I have to alt-tab to get back to the game.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a problem. When my game window isnt set to full screen the video opens in full screen. When the game window IS set to full screen the video plays in a small window.

any suggestions?

hey again^^

the script is really great but it would be even better when someone
could change the "return to scene_map" so you can play videos in battle.
otherwise when you play a movie in battle the battle aborts and returns to scene_map.
can someone do this? or is this impossible?

Zare

Hourglass":3i8q6gje said:
I think its certain types of video. I used a WMV at it was fine.

Hmmm. Maybe it's my system config then... or maybe plain old user error. I get the error even on WMV's.

Thanks for checking it out, Berka. It's a great script.

when i put an avi video in an event it did not work. it was a wmm video converted to a wmv with mediacoverter and i converted the wmv to an avi but it does not work .why?

Sorry for the semi necroposting but I had a problem with this script: if you play a video on full screen while you also have the full screen script running, the game would minimalize after the video is finished. Wazakindjes has now found a solution. In the end it was simple too :p

just comment line 77 out like this:

#@film.call("close FILE notify",0,0,handle)

It worked for me, hopefully it does for others too :)

bump

sorry to bring up this topic after its been years.
i've tried this script and its great. As always the full screen problem was not a simple fix as just commenting out line 77.
when I do that, only one video will play but when i attempt to play other videos in my project they don't play.
It's like the script still thinks that video 1 is playing and the handler to close the video didn't do its job since it was commented out.

any fix for this? once again sorry for bringing this topic back after 2 years lol

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.