Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

berka's Video script II reloaded!

first, you add this in main after 'begin'
Code:
hash={"film"=>"my_film.avi"} # settings in hash

game_film=Game_Film.new(hash)
and replace in the script
Code:
$scene=Scene_Map.new
line 76
with
Code:
$scene=Scene_Title.new

not tested !
berka

Maybe it'll work
If it wont works, put this :

if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
$scene = Scene_Title.new
end

juste after what berka said :

hash={"film"=>"my_film.avi"} # settings in hash
game_film=Game_Film.new(hash)

I think it'll work too (Not tested too)

Nice Nice, Congrats! but i have a challenge!

is it possible to execute a video inside ZTBS?

For example, using Videos for Skills.

pd:
ZTBS is Zenith Tactical Battle System. I hope you Know, I am working on Saint Seiya Tactical game.

Thanks, merci boucoup! Viva la france.

huh ! de rien.

I dont think that this version of script cab do this..... because it returns to Scene_Map .
But, with a litle edite by berka, it can do more.

Let's hope. Espéran

Hey Amine, if you want to write in French, do not make spelling mistakes. Bang! (trop tentant) :biggrin:
I will add a new command, which will select the scene back!

regards,
berka

edited: done.

Hi,

first of all I would like to thank you for this script. It's the first one I found that really is working. Great!

But still I have a problem with it. By starting the video using an event, I type in the script "full = true". But when I start the video in the game (the game is also fullscreen) then the window resizes to the resolution of 640x480. I don't know where my mistake is. Can someone help me?

@Vaulthas: Your syntax is right.
do you call the video in the fullscreen mode ?
Have you set the width&height of the video ?
I need more indications !

@PrinceEndymion88: the script does not support *.mov files

@Worldeditor: HD is maybe too much for the script. Try to reduce your video's resolution

thank to (try) to use my script

regards
berka

Yes, I call the video in fullscreen mode. I only use this script command to call the video:

Code:
[film]

film=NVEExport.avi

full=true

I even tried setting the width and height, but still the video resizes to the same size as every time.

Whilst playing a .avi file with this script, a few seconds (I would say 5-10?) into the video the screen turns white but sound continues to play.

Also with another .avi file I tested it did the same thing, but before that it flickered to the game screen for a hair of a second before going back to the movie and then going white after a few seconds.

I receive no errors or the like, simply awkward video play.

The call script I use is:

[film]
film = test.avi
aig = 999
bass = 0

Might there be a work around to fixing this per chance?

Thank you for your time! :smile:

I've tried to use a .avi file of 22 mb but when i call it, nothing happens.
If i do just the same but call another video (one of the vids you used) everything works just fine. any help?

i thought that if it's to large it will lag or freeze. but now, just nothing happens i even can still enter the menu. I'll split the vid up, i hope it will help

Nope.
If you play a video, you cannot update scenes, graphics, and input. So you cannot update commands...
regards,
berka

Is it possible to add subtitle compatibility, like when loading a movie if there are subtitles of the same name to load them up too?
It would be great for in game movies if user could toggle subtitles on and off.

Also, is it real impossible to run a movie in a background, so it would not be responsive to input but some active windows would be? So it would act like a .gif or something.
It would be awesome if the engine could just make a layer with the movie and play it and update it, but have an active layer above it that responds to input.

Speaking of layers, is it possible to have something show above the movie while it is playing, like when it is paused to show -paused- image in the middle of the video?

My mind is bursting with possibilities right now XD
sorry if I'm bothering you

hey guys^^

i have a problem. whenever i want to play an avi file
with this player, the game crashes. has anyone an idea how
to fix that?

thx in advance
Zare

EDIT: Ok the same problem is when i put this script over main.
This should make the game start in fullscreen, but instead the
exe crashes and my keyboard stops to work with the normal
functions.

$showm = Win32API.new 'user32', 'keybd_event', %w(l l l l), ''
$showm.call(18,0,0,0) #ALT Down
$showm.call(13,0,0,0) #Enter Down
$showm.call(13,0,2,0) #Enter UP
$showm.call(18,0,2,0) #ALT UP

Please, could someone help me??

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.