Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Aqua'os: Tears of the Ocean

Dead content awaiting restoration.
angelicgemini;215480 said:
I love this game can I beta test this game please.
@angelicgemini If and when I get to a second demo I don't see why not.

DawnWanderer;214898 said:
WOW.

Color me impressed. This is a definite visual treat, I love the artwork.

Having a bounty system also sounds fantastic!

Keep up the great work!
@DawnWanderer ^^ Arigato, I'm happy that you enjoyed the artwork. I'm still working on the bounty system. I've scratched scripting and am doing it all in events.
Reives;214953 said:
I always love picture effects, so kudos on that definitely. :) Screenshots look awesome, great mapping. Keep it up!
@ReivesWow thanks about the picture effects, I've glaced at your work and it's very inspirational so coming from you praise indeed.
$t3v0;214908 said:
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5229/impressssssedzm9.png[/IMG]

The screenshots are really nice! I especially like the cove of water below the cliffs. The transparency is really well executed!
@$t3v0Thank you, it took a while for me to find a blue that'd have that effect for the water ^^
knmt;214874 said:
wow you have so much blue and green .

Is the picture of that woman representing you in real life haa... ?

Are you doing this project all alone ? as for a girl , I really admire you for your work .

oh and btw your font is a little hard to read...

@KNMT
Yes I'm trying to do it all on my own. Its a big project but I think I'm doing a decent job so far. I'll change the font, is it the type or the fact that the color is white? The pic you are talking about is it the signature?
Ever so slightly it is how I view myself -_-; I am more lighter being japanese black.

knmt

I think white and light blue don't fit well , both the font type and the color make the message hard to read , but it's just my opinion , please don't change it if you really like it !

well, actually I didn't know that you're a Japanese until I read your "thank you"( "arigato" haa... ) . You're pretty near where I am living btw. Japan is a beautiful country too.

Likin' the custom art here. The menu looks cool, and the only qualm I have is that in my opinion I thyink you should recolor your tilesets to match with the colors used in your artwork. The RTP is really pale, whereas your colors are loud and bright, and I think making the entire game like that would make it stand out even more. Up to you tho', I think it'll be good regardless. I'll be watching this, good luck!

Erm...a while? I am still in the process of mapping the exterior and interior of some towns

(my process is all over the place I've not finished one whole town, I jump from doing one part another town, or from exterior mapping to interior mapping so I don't get bored or depending on what I've been inspired to do. As such not all the towns are connected to each other, you can go so far or into some of the houses)

I haven't got to major eventing (just common events for computer terminals and the bounty hunter point system) no NPC events yet (other than bar tenders and shops or hotels/inns and a few monsters/quarries) nor major storyline eventing.

Still working on the computer terminal reactions and re doing some artwork. As much as I love copic markers I may just use paintshop pro and color them in now that I have a wacom tablet and pen. So the faces will look like this

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225 ... angrey.png[/img]

meaning I have to re draw...some 10 major and minor chara's and still working on NPC characters...lot ta do ya know? after all I am my own team and doing it all myself ^^; sorry if I'm making you wait.

Finally think I've found a style I want to do this game in. I've been really not doing much but mapping and small eventing, because I've been stuck doodling and getting used to a wacom tablet. Then once I thought I got the hang of it, I've been messing around with diffrent styles of anime inspired artwork to see how I'll redo the characters. Don't worry, I'll still keep the copic marker colorings in as maybe an art gallery or something. But I'm planning to go with this style...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/princess.png[/IMG]
or should I just go with the style the red head is done in?

Completed Mapping the outer and inner of Aera City Level 2
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/0areaeternusLevel2.png[/IMG]

Completed Most of the outer of Timbrief Village...halfway done with the inner
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/0TimbriefVillage.png [/IMG]

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/0TimbriefInner.png[/IMG]

@ Eddie; Thanks ^^ and I shall!

@Adrenaline Rush; I've posted what I've made here..http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13324&highlight=future+tileset
The autotiles and Charactersets also can be found in the same place.
I couldn't upload it into the download manager because it was down at the time but I hope it helps. That is if you are refering to the water themed palace, the clear water mountain tileset I'm not releasing, nor the modified beach tileset. Gomen ^^;

After a brief break from this game, and making some battlers, I'm working once more on it^^
In the process of making a Cooking Workshop using events.
They will be found in various bakeshops & some resturants, throughout Estoria.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/kitchen-bakery.png[/IMG]
If you become a master chef you will have the ability to buy your own place instead of renting kitchens from others.
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n225/Kiearaphoenix/CookWorkshop.png[/IMG]
-the food is a fog that just moves to the right whilst you cook, just something cute to look at, unless I find a way to make it interactive.
-While there is going to be 20 different food items that you can make; they are mainly divided into two catergories.
+edible; makes either your MP or HP go up,
+inedible; adds a "sick" status or can kill you if you continue to eat it.
So be careful what you eat!

Also you can also see I've changed the background color to a darker blue so you can read the white font, thanks to those that suggested the change ^^

-also I'm changing the AdvanceMessage face icon's to the one you see in my siggy, that is unless I fig out how to edit a script so I can do half body shots on my own. (or if 20+ half bodies is going to be too much work)

Aye, the graphics are definitely impressive in this. A really smooth yet fitting feel to it. By the way, that RTP styled kitchen background picture, did you draw it yourself?

@G-Man; thank you ^^ I shall endeavor to not disapoint.

@Reives; Domo Arigato. Yes I drew the background myself, using a line tool and fill, (except the herbs and onions, which are just enlargements of the tileset, but I'm redoing those to mesh better with the background) The fogs are just quick whip ups I drew in the same program. I'm hoping to do more backgrounds like this for the different workshops I'm planning to incorporate, or just for cut scenes.

I use paintshop pro ^^ for most of my work, sometimes I use copic markers, as seen by the character pictures at the beggining of the thread.

Ah, I see. I used psp 8.0 a while ago but got lost. :/ But yeah, when I saw that kitchen picture, the stove seemed like it was fitting enough to come straight from some VIP's RTP official addons. :p Nicely done.

This honestly looks amazing. I absolutely love your artwork. Your style seems very unique and original, while being possible awe-inspiring. I also love the tilesets and maps. All the screenshots look great. However I couldn't read the story graphic with the writing on it, too hard on the eyes.

I am not totally sure of the stort but the characters seem great and very deep. Thats the no. 1 think I look for in an RPG's story anyway!

The features look interesting and fun. Long story short - I'm very impressed and will keep two eyes firmly on this project whenever I can spare them :P

PS: "Tears of the ocean" - I like that!

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to add I liked the way you used amnesia!

@Reives; Why thank you! That is what exactly I was trying to do. Well, make it fit the rtp style anway ^^;

@Anglachel; that erm at the begining is not really a story. More like a theme song I was planning to have as ending credits and throughout the game. I've since but it on the back burner till I've increased my skills with animation and the like. It's quite embarrasing(the animation/movie I made) if you ask me.. (hopefully you can read the song itself now, I made the words a little lighter at the first post)

Anywho ^^ Glad you like what you see, I too am going to keep my eyes on your project. And the offer is still there, I can do titles (well you already have one) gameovers, concept art, in game art, etc. misc. stuff here and there. Like I said it isn't a whole lot, but tis the little things that can help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.