Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

AGM: Will you be moving?

Will you be switching to AGM over RMXP/VX/whatever you currently use?

I think I would if I could be arsed to make games anymore; it looks a lot better. I haven't had time to play around much with the English translation yet though, nor do I own the full Japanese edition.

It looks more powerful, and if it can use programming languages like C++ then even more so (though was this rumour dismissed?)

I've tried agm, it's ok... But it lacks a programming language which made Rmxp/Vx powerful.
Yes, you can export to XNA/Flash for C#/Actionscript programming but you can't export back.

I'm moving to ika, a python oriented environment.

I hate to say it, but RMXP is a more powerful engine, you can code your action-rpg 100X better than the engine agm provides, it's not that customizable, at least the movement part anyways. And mapping in XP/VX are better, which is strange. But I did like that they made every tile size usable.

Anyone pissed that dialog isn't letter by letter like xp/vx provided?

Hey to all of you who have made games with AGM. Is it possible to have a platformer that kills with attacking and not jumping? From the sample games, all are jump and kill.

Right now I have the full AGM, but I don't know the hell to do it. I have plans for making a HD sidecroller with it, but I don't get it atm.

Ill be sticking With RMXP.

I still havent Moved over to RMVX yet, i have it installed... but im just not that Keen on using it.

But RMXP is fine for me.. and if i could find a AGM english version download i would probably give it a go.

kiralim":1bflnvu4 said:
Hey to all of you who have made games with AGM. Is it possible to have a platformer that kills with attacking and not jumping? From the sample games, all are jump and kill.

Right now I have the full AGM, but I don't know the hell to do it. I have plans for making a HD sidecroller with it, but I don't get it atm.

It is possible from one of the sample games (the character kicks them)
I'm trying it out myself but I'm pretty confused at all the functions :huh:

mawk

Sponsor

you guys remind me of the people who use RPG maker 2000/2003 who said that will not use RPG XP because some features are missing,
and RPG XP user who said that they will not use VX because of some tile size limits.
it reminds me more of the people who refuse to eat dog shit because they can recognize it's dog shit and there's a hot dog stand down the block.

AGM interface is great for what it dose.
are you kidding? the GUI is awful. this is a problem with most makers of its kind, but it's far worse here than it is with Construct or Game Maker.

I can say AGM is better at making a Platformer,Action RPG, and a shooter then RPG XP/VX because that what it was made for.
and I can name at least three other engines which are cheaper and allow you more versatility and greater ease, despite the fact they're general engines and weren't made specifically for platforming.

I might be, since I want to make my project a .swf!
I think you might just save yourself a lot of pain if you learned Actionscript legit. from what I hear it's fairly good as languages go, and your end product will really reflect the extra effort you put in.

with igmaker released to the public, the market is gonna be flooded with lots of shitty flash games bearing the same basic mechanics. people will be impressed to start out, but it'll get old fast. if you're going with flash, you got two choices: go with igmaker and be part of the flood of shitty games, or learn flash proper and ride above it.

Whoa mawk, you really hate this thing dontcha'?

I will not even bother trying it. It seems like a piece of crap to me.

I never even liked RPGs, but RMXP was just so awesome. :smoke:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.