Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2

Atoa

Well i'm planning to update the script soon.
So i want help to find all the bugs it have, because i will be moving to VXAce.

The bugs know until now:
- IBC Direct command
- User targeted actions
- Reflect error
- Overdrive not working
- Confused state bug
- invisible message error
- ATB + Summon error
- Two Hands bug
- Auto life bug
- "Miss" Animation bug

Any other bug/glitch not listed?

when will you release next version? or only god knows :tongue: (Just a Joke.)

if you'll update it soon.I'll use your new version to update my friends project.He still use your 2.0

And i want to ask you some question.

If you move to vxace,Do you still support xp version?

I feel as if there was a bug that I forgot to mention when posting before, but I'll likely stumble onto something else with the next update. ^^;;

Keep up the good work!

Argh, you're moving to VXA?? Damn...
So, there will be no CT like "Area attacks", and no "Miss when you hit flying enemies using short ranged attacks", and no "Protect skills", and also no "Hurt Pose when you receives critical attacks"?

Okay, maybe I'm asking too much. I was hoping that you are still going to accept requests and such.

Hi! :)
I'm using this battle system and it is awesome :wink: , I'm having some problems with it though. :eek::
I noticed that when a battler misses, the "miss" animation from the database for that specific attack isn't played, but it is always played the "hit" one. The problem is that in this way the sound effect I configure in the battlecry for evade attacks is always played together with the "hit" sound from the animation.
I hope it's not only my case. This is odd because in the previous version of the Battle system this bug didn't occur. :blank: . Also another problem: I guess the overdrive isn't working well. The first piece of the gauge doesn't seem to charge properly; in the last version it worked well... And I was wandering how to have emptied overdrive bar when an actor goes KO.

thanks for any reply.

Atoa

I guess the overdrive isn't working well. The first piece of the gauge doesn't seem to charge properly;
The bugs know until now:
- IBC Direct command
- User targeted actions
- Reflect error
- Overdrive not working
- Confused state bug
- invisible message error
- ATB + Summon error
- Two Hands bug
- Auto life bug

Adding the this animation bug to the check list

Nice to know this handy thing exists. It's because of this that I've made the switch from rm2k3 to XP. Now I've got a problem.

When I try to load it, I get an error saying "This project is from an older version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded".

Can someone assit me?

EDIT: I just moved everything into my project directory, all is well.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I found out another issue: When you set to "true" the basic configuration that should hide the cost of the skills that cost 0 SP, the SP cost of all skills is hidden.

I have been trying the demo for days and it is outstanding. But there is this bug that only occurs occasionally: when I use the ATB and my lvl is high enough (90+), sometimes the enemies' time is "frozen" (e.g: if I enter the Minkoff style battler with lvl 99, Ziegfred will never move. However, if I remove Kaiser from the enemy troop, or use a summon that remove all party members except for the user, then Ziegfred's time bar can move. All enemies' time bars seem to work normally when my party's lvl is lower). I'm not sure if it's just me using the script incorrectly, though I only simply copy/paste the add-on to test it out without doing much modification. Would be nice if you can take a look into this before you move to VXa Atoa.

Hi, when i load up the project it comes with "This project is from an old version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded" do i need a previous version. The version i have is 1.02a, if that helps

Atoa

LordGawain":v1gsq6hr said:
Hi, when i load up the project it comes with "This project is from an old version of RPG Maker and cannot be loaded" do i need a previous version. The version i have is 1.02a, if that helps
What about reading the main post before asking?
If you having problems in opening the projetc, copy the data, graphics and audio folders, create an new project, and paste it on the new project
This was just bellow the download link...

@everyone else
i'm still planning a last update on this one i just going to wait a bit more to see if any other bug comes out.

Atoa

@tysonrss
The scripts surely will be changed, although i't not going to change the settings. so to update the scripts, people won't need to replace the settings, only the code.

I found few bug in ATOA CTB today.

if I use skill with "stop" states(Stun,Paralyzed,Sleep) Sometimes enemy will "Freeze" and battle will "stop" (Graphics still update but It's not skip "Freeze" enemy turn and Next turn not come to party member)

I don't known cause of this bug so I can't find the way to fix it. T_T

Espon

Decided to mess around again recently and play with settings. Discovered a few bugs...

INTRO, DEFEND, and VICTORY battle cries don't seem to play at all. Others seem to trigger just fine.

Demo - KaHh (Zelos) decides he would rather stand on that distant hill during the second turn on the Easy battle. I've never seen this happen in my own game though.

CTB - If you choose Attack, Skill, or Item but hit Cancel before selecting an enemy then choose Escape instead, if Escape fails then the character will do the cancelled action instead.
CTB - If you choose Skill/Item but hit Cancel before selecting a skill or item then choose Escape, if Escape fails then the character will either do their attack animation or cause the game to crash.
CTB - Pressing Shift when it's your turn causes the game to crash.

I've noticed a couple more bugs that involve states in battle.

1. When an enemy is inflicted with a status, the status icon that appears next to the enemy's name appears for all enemies instead of just the afflicted enemy.

2. Sometimes after statuses have been applied, the buttons will become less responsive, requiring multiple presses before working. Also, when this is happening, any combo moves like Flash Combo suffer from slowdown, where the attacks have longer wait times in between.

I thought it might have been because of some other scripts I'm using in my game so I tried it in the demo with no additional add-ons and they are still there. Hope this helps!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.