Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2

Atoa

@ryukbn
i didn't really get what you wanted, but i suppose that it can be done by using the skill sequence feature.
So make two skills, in one you add the rise/lift and the wait time, and on the other the smash. and use the sequence to make them to be used one after another.

Hey atoa, i was just wondering....i coudn't find a tutorial about it, so i decided to register and ask you...how exactly can you config the system so it's like Phantasy Star IV ?
I'm reamaking that game and wondering how it works....thanks in advance :D

Nevermind, just got PM :\

(And, by the way, thanks for the "warm" welcome .-.)

Moonlighter":zqcsemsl said:
Hey atoa, i was just wondering....i coudn't find a tutorial about it, so i decided to register and ask you...how exactly can you config the system so it's like Phantasy Star IV ?
I'm reamaking that game and wondering how it works....thanks in advance :D

EDIT:Nevermind, just got PM :\
(And, by the way, thanks for the "warm" welcome .-.)

shionx

I have tried now and costumize all of your functions in this script and may there is one bug i can not explain.

If you use this 2 Add Ons: Atoa ATB + Atoa Summon

For Example you win the Battle with a Summon together and the method for used 0 = remove all actors, except the summoner or 1 = remove all actors
The Battle Ends and a Script Error Appear:

Script'Atoa ATB line 824:NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'line='for nil:NilClass

any idea how can i fix this?
maybe it helped but in Version 2.0 this Error doesn't there, only after 3.0 and also in 3.2. .....

greeting from Germany :D

hello!

I am trying to use Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 on my project ( which is scriptless elsewise ) - but there are 2 errors that occasionaly happen. i say occasionaly because they actually do seem to happen more or less at random.

1st one may happen in battle, when a battler ( enemy or player ) is beaten and gives the error message
n2m86gkr.gif
( no changes were made in that line - i was wondering is it possible that my slow computer causes the error? )

2nd one does NOT give an error message at all but happens nevertheless - In battle, when a battler ( player ) suffers the RMXP state " confused ( always attack allies) ", it may happen that he simply runs out screen and disappears - which cancels all possibility to chose any further actions.... not only for the char, but for the whole game. button input basically ends there.

any knowledge or idea about how to fix that?

Atoa

slothx":dwrmxcdq said:
no answer? nothing?
doesn't anyone have a clue about this?
It's a bug on the script, and will be solved when i update the script.
When i will update it? Only god knows, but hopefully before VXa relase.

I make party change system like this.
http://www.screenr.com/46zs

now i make active character fade away and then support character will switch his/her place.

At First,I try to make active character run away from screen and then support character will run from out of screen and replace active character position but I can't do it.

After the active character run out of screen.the support character will suddenly appear at take active battler place.

Can you help me about this? At least teach me how to fix it.

Atoa

@tasuku13
by default this is how the system works, and there's no way, other than hard coding this fix into the script.
one thing you can try is to add a command to change the new battler position directly after the party change comand, before the screen is updated, that way he will appear on the point you set.

Have been away from this site for a long time and this totally makes it worth coming back. Now I'm deeply considering dumping my old battle system (the RTAB). Kudos to you for designing such an awesome system!

Atoa":2kcd0dbg said:
@tasuku13
by default this is how the system works, and there's no way, other than hard coding this fix into the script.
one thing you can try is to add a command to change the new battler position directly after the party change comand, before the screen is updated, that way he will appear on the point you set.

Thx a lot. I'll try to fix it again. :angel:

Just wanted to say that I've started using this script and I absolutely love it! I've been figuring out how to make my own animations and I think it is set up very well if someone with little scripting ability like myself can do it. I've also started putting together some more "Tales of" rips into usable battle graphics, since they seem to fit so well.

I do have one question, and I know this was being looked into, but I was wondering if anyone ever did find a way to make this compatible with Charlie Fleed's Equipment Skills system? I love both systems and can't see myself living without either of them at this point, so I would even be willing to pay someone if they could make the two compatible and I would not keep it to myself either lol.

The issue that I've encountered with the two most recent versions of the scripts is a conflict in the frame update for the after battle phase. I can add more details if anyone is interested.

EDIT: After some trial and error, I finally have the two scripts working together. Although I had to eliminate the multi-item drop function, but I was not using it anyways. It may not work with some add-ons though, as I had to remove a line from the bestiary add-on that dealt with multi-item drops.

For anyone looking to do this, simply replace everything between "Start After Battle Phase" and "Show result window" with the default scripts found in Scene_Battle 2. Everything seems to be working fine so far. The exp is added and the skills are learned with no crashes that I've seen. If anyone else tries this and encounters problems just let me know. Thought I would share my findings so far though.

No ID

Sponsor

cant wait on the update.

hoping you worked on the skill/item scope: The User error. as well as the skill reflect error. and the overdrive total total uselessness.

I'm sure any changes he makes will certainly work better than my sloppy methods lol. Although I can't really blame XP scripters for moving on either since VX seems to still be getting updates. I'm just happy that there are still people using XP.

I wouldn't really recommend doing what I stated above unless you don't plan on using any add-ons. Now I'm trying to see if I can get this work with the ATB as well, and I can get everything working fine except when you actually learn a skill, it gives you the exp/gold/item drops a second time after the learning window before exiting the battle.

Hi ATOA. can I ask you something?

Your ATOA 2.0 has a "LAG" ploblem.do you know how to fix it?

My friend's project still using your 2.0 version.And it might be hard work to change system from ACBS 2.0 into ACBS 3.2

Atoa

@tasuku13
I don't even know what problem is that, as i don't work with 2.0 anymore.
A way to fix it? Upgrade to 3.x : D
And it might be hard work to change system from ACBS 2.0 into ACBS 3.2
No pain, no gain

tasuku13":17iy0tph said:
My friend's project still using your 2.0 version.And it might be hard work to change system from ACBS 2.0 into ACBS 3.2

Should be simple enough. What's really hard is switching from an RTAB system to the ACBS lol.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.