Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2

Zeriab

Sponsor

Try putting
[rgss]if @armor5_id.nil?
  p '@armor5_id is nil!'
  @armor5_id = 0
end
[/rgss]
right before that line.

Can you tell me what happens now?

Zeriab

Sponsor

There's your problem.
You should always be aware that old saves may cause crashes after introducing new scripts.
You can just remove the p '@armor5_id is nil!' line and keep the rest if you want to keep using your old saves.
I assume you don't get any errors anymore btw.

Atoa

I've already fixed all the bugs found till now, i will post the update soon as possible

and i'm working on two add-ons:
- an CTB (FF10 like battle)

@Firgof Umbra
it's because some instances are intialized only when you start an new game.

If you add an script with new instances, it may cause erros, because the constant isn't initialized and will be never initialized until you start an new game.

This often happens with scripts that edits the actors. (actors are initialized only in the begin of the script).

Hi Atoa,
good work, but I found bugs. A lot of.

1- when using AATB with damage limit it shows an error at line 77;
2- when using AATB (I suppose) the victory window 2 makes an error at line 87;
3- Skill combination don't work (as you know)
4- Summon: using AATB (maybe is not for it but i tested with it) the summons get me an error. For first when i summoning a summon that don't remove anyone to the party the window with names, hp, sp etc beginning crowded. Twice, when summon a summon with only one member it make an error when attac, and the other tipe of summon give an error too, but now I don't remember.
5- AATB: if you set the escape type 2, the bar isn't showed;
if you set "Wait_Act_End = false" the battlers don't fight!

P.S. I hope that I didn't forget to read a "COMPATIBILITY" section. :smile:

Atoa

@tevak
no battle system or menu system for XP is compatible with VX

@Apocrifs
1 - going to check it, thanks
2 - going to check it, thanks [2]
3 - The combinations works alone, but get some bugs with other add-ons (wich already was fixed)
4 - The "crowded" window isn't an bug, remember that the deafut window was designed for 4 actors, so if you add more that will happen, but you can edit the battle window to fit more characters in the Battle Windows add-on. About the double summon, it was already noticed and fixed.
5 - going to check it, thanks [3]

Your battle system holds a lot of potential. I hope that I can help improve it by reporting the bugs I've found so far. :smile:

• When a party member died while he's not in the default position, he'll be stuck in "running" pose when he returns to that position.
    I.E. Tunico used Fira on Thanatos. I didn't set "No Move" element on Fira so he ran into the front of Thanatos and died because of the reflected magic. However, he had to return to his default position. So he did but he's stuck in 'running to the right' pose.

Another example is that if I used "Step Forward" element, the result will be similar because Tunico still has to run back to his position. So he's stuck in that running pose until he's revived
  • When I used Phoenix Down-esque item, the party member is revived but his sprite is still in the dead pose (or if he dies because of the reason above, running pose) until he selected a command again. (Attack,Item,Guard whatever)
    I.E. Tunico died so Atoa revived him. But Tunico won't be in the 'Ready' pose and will stay in the 'Dead' pose until it's his turn to make a move (or do something that change his sprite like being attacked).
  • I don't know whether you intended or not, but with Blitz and AATB together, the player will have to input the Blitz command twice. This is because with AATB, the spellcaster will have to reset his ATB gauge and run again as casting time. However, the player will have to input Blitz again.
    I.E. Tunico casted Fire. He has to input Blitz command right away. Then, his ATB gauge resets and it turn purple, indicating casting time. But when it's his turn to actually use the magic, he has to input Blitz command again!
  • Another bug I found, it was already mentioned but I wanted to report again.
    The Summon Add-On will work well without any error if it's not used simultaneously with...
    1. AATB
    2. Skill Combination
    3. Skill Charge

I hope my report would be useful. You can try reproducing them. I've tested them many times so I don't think screenshots are necessary.

Awesome Battle System anyway! :biggrin:

Atoa

@Neoz Kaho
Thanks for the feedback.

I noticed second dead bug, and i fixed it, probably it will fix the first bug.
I will test it later to see if it work.

About the blitz bug, i didn't noticed it, i will fix it soon as possible.

I updated the download link.
I hope this fix the current bugs.

Hi again Atoa,
i found a bug in your last demo.
I think is a your forgetfulness so not a your mistake.
Anyway, when attack there is a error at line 223 of "Battle main code".
I don't know why i'm the first that notice this error, because with it is impossible to try the demo!

P.S. I played your game. It is very nice! (I didn't understand a lot because I don't understand Brasilian but i'm italian so I understod some words. Compliments!)

Atoa

Script Updated.

I would ask to people take an good look on the new add-on "Actor Advaced Status", and inform any gitch on it.

Since it add so many funcitions something may have passed unnoticed.

I can't see any text in the demo, any Idea why?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now, I don't know what happened...

Well now I have the same error whenever one the characters tries to attack (still in the unmodified demo)
Code:

Script 'ACBS | Battle Main Code' line 117: NameError Occured.

uninitialized constant RPG::Sprite::Dmg_X_Adjust

Since I didn't modify anything, I hardly see what I could have done wrong.

the blitz still shows me the same error in the middle of a battle, and i dont understand brazilian -__-'

i have the same problem with the checking my char's status in the game menu, i get an error refering to the overdrive script

skill overdrive line 284: Name Error occurred.
undefined local variable or method 'refresh_od_n01' for #<Window_Status:0x13e9448>

And i get the same problem as Apocrifis.

Atoa

Strange, before this error happens because i used illegal rmxp (my bad D:), but now i using 100% legal rmxp (an big hurt on my wallet T-T), this wasn't supposed to happen O.o

This can be fixed if you copy the file game.rxproj from an ok project and paste it on thedemo folder folder.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.