Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[52/60] Plague180 - XNA Card Game

i rewrote the exporter to make cleaner better images, one for each element, for those that saw it yesterday, i added 3 new fire cards today.

All water cards:
15mnrdl.png

Fire cards ive completed so far:
dvm1km.png

Finished programing the Freeze ability (for water spirit), added lots more fancy drawing stuff (player status, upgrade to targeting system, laid ground work for a secret thing im working on), added 3 new cards, fixed a few database typos (silly copy paste used to often lo), worked on making foils look better (fixed error in rendering when they are in hand, and working on making the layering right), started working on Enlist ability(summon desperate pirate), made huge progress on ability database (adding new stuff should be a breeze), and lastly lots more optimization (trying to keep that frame rate up, though i know there is lots more i could do, but saving that for the end when the code is more set in stone)

Finished Programing Enlist ability and fixed tons of little bugs that popped up in the ability database, added token support and stacking token support.

and made a video to show you all :D i could really use some comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BkCetrYQP8

The tokens system works pretty nice, and I like the little mechanic you got working with the snowmen, but the video seemed more of a 'look at this tactic' video to me :p
The new artwork looks pretty awesome! The artist can't be cheap, surely..

Xhukari":2oju7ffp said:
The tokens system works pretty nice, and I like the little mechanic you got working with the snowmen, but the video seemed more of a 'look at this tactic' video to me :p
The new artwork looks pretty awesome! The artist can't be cheap, surely..

ya, i suppose it was a little to strategy based, but i meant to show off the work, it took me alot of time to get it to work right under every possibility. and you are correct, he is not cheap, but he is worth every penny imo.

agreed, and all of the card illustrations are done in 30-40 min, these are just the bases, he will go back latter and make them look better. what would you like to see next?

I am not sure if this is possible yet, or even worth the time-investment, but I'd be quite interested to see a small game played between you and the AI with the working cards. :)

thats coming kinda soon, im keeping the AI pretty secret, though its getting pretty good, it almost beat me a couple times

edit: ill start showing off the AI once all water cards work 100% as they should in the final game and i finish adding some of the board mechanics

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.