Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Vacant Sky: Contention

Vacant Sky Complete Edition: Act I+ Released!

My lord, the graphics are wonderful.  I love the futuristic tile sets.  Is there any chance of them being outsourced for public use?  That would be really great, but regardless, I'm downloading your demo right now.  I can't wait to play it.

It really is a treat. Beat it already, though, and I found the secret as well. Are you going to release another version with all the voices added in? The sound was a little weird in some bits, but after it was up and running there wasn't any huge problem with it. Good job, guys; can't wait to see Act I.

I watched the intro, and I have to say the microphone quality is a bit lacking and disappointing.  I hope you consider re-recording some of the parts that have the bad quality with a better microphone.

*notices no one has posted in the thread so far*

I'm REALLY surprised. This demo was amazing. You guys should really play it. XD

Sailerius and his group put alot of work into it, and it really shows.

Could you please by any chance host it in another site. I can't download it from Megaupload, and I really would like to play this game.

I have kept an eye on it since you have first posted it, and now, with those screens... I really want to check it out.

Thank you.

The game play was quite smooth, the introduction to the history and overall atmosphere really got me into the game at the first five minutes. The voice acting was very well done, that really impressed me. Of course there was some noise due to bad recording bad it was so very well done that it didn't even bother my game experience.
The history seems pretty well done so far.
Keep the good job.

I really enjoyed the demo. I was quite surprised to hear voice acting. It was very well done.
You did a really good job on this :)
Can't wait until the next release.

Delmaschio":2fuf5uab said:
Could you please by any chance host it in another site. I can't download it from Megaupload, and I really would like to play this game.

I have kept an eye on it since you have first posted it, and now, with those screens... I really want to check it out.

Thank you.

Same here with the Megaupload problem. They always think my IP had already exceeded download limit, even with the Megatoolbar (or whatever it is called).

It would be sweet if there is another download option, but if it is too much of a hassle, then never mind me. >_<

Thanks for the comments. :) For those having problems with Megaupload, I'm currently working on getting it rehosted.  Regarding the voice acting, some messing around has shown that the quality seems to vary with different speakers and especially headphones.  While on some of the speakers I've tested it on, they sound fine, but the quality nosedives on others.  Also, using headphones seems to put static in for some reason.  It might be the format I saved it in, so I'll continue looking for a solution.

Originally, I wasn't planning to release any more demos and just put out Act I when it's finished, but a number of bugs have come to my attention, so I'm thinking of releasing one more demo.  This one will also include the revised and much more workable battle system.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.