Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
Vacant Sky: Contention

Vacant Sky Complete Edition: Act I+ Released!

So, any updates on this project?
I had to take about a month break due to personal issues, but just today I've been getting back into the full swing of mapping again. So sorry for the delay, but I guess I've learned my lesson about release dates. XD

Looks good! I'm looking forward to playing the final version of the game! Did you draw those pictures of the characters on the site yourself?
Nope, those are the lovely works of our artist, Talon.

Hmm I only commented once before? Well since I seen this I always thought it looked really good, and promosing. I heard it was canceled and became chocked and dissapoited. So glad to know your sitll working on it ;)

Reformatted the characters section, put up a new banner, and a wonderful announcement!  The public demo is finally done and is in testing.  Pending unforeseen circumstances, the demo will go public on December 31st.

Aran

If there is one thing I adore the most, it's suspense.  This game sounds and looks incredible. The features sound sexy, too.  But, is the artwork original?  I'm dying to know 9_9.  If only the Demo release date was Dec. 25th... *sigh*

EDIT:
Oh, and I can't see your screenshots.

If there is one thing I adore the most, it's suspense.  This game sounds and looks incredible. The features sound sexy, too.  But, is the artwork original?  I'm dying to know 9_9.  If only the Demo release date was Dec. 25th... *sigh*

EDIT:
Oh, and I can't see your screenshots.
Yup, the artwork is all 100% original.  Talon, our artist, is absolutely amazing.  And yeah, I know the screens are down--they'll be back up tomorrow.  I need to upload them to a new host since our old one is having issues.

"United Provinces", lol. The art looks very good, but the story seems to be on the border of cliche with the "no memories" and "humans control most of the world" stuff. Looks like fun so far, I'll play when the demo comes out.

As I said above, "And yeah, I know the screens are down--they'll be back up tomorrow.  I need to upload them to a new host since our old one is having issues."

Malachi":3prh8rx8 said:
@Baniff:
Ummm...there needs to be SOME cliche...cliche's make an RPG an RPG.

I agree, but the ones here seem to be the most over-used. We'll see how it turns out though, I have high hopes for this game.

baniff":twc0igud said:
"United Provinces", lol. The art looks very good, but the story seems to be on the border of cliche with the "no memories" and "humans control most of the world" stuff. Looks like fun so far, I'll play when the demo comes out.

Trying to avoid sounding defensive as much as I can... I promise that the "No memories" bit is incredibly unimportant in the long run. It's not the "OMG Bad amnesia obviously covering up an obviously really angsty past!" sort of thing. It's more of the "OMG I'm suddenly somewhere else and I don't remember leaving!" sort of thing. Yes, I admit that it's a bit cliche, but it's not nearly as bad as you're probably assuming it is.

*Shrugs* We do have some cliche elements, but so do most other RPGs. The thing that's truly important is pulling off in a unique way, and that's exactly what we're aiming for. I mean, we've got a senator in a three piece suit as the mysterious guide. Can it get much weirder than that?

But we'll truly see if we did it right once we release the demo. XP You can decide for yourself.

I wonder why this one's not getting much attention from members... I do have to ask, though, if there will be an audio option to omit the voice acting from scenes. I'm old-school at heart, and though I'll probably give the voice acting a shot, I'd like to know if the option will be there.

I wonder why this one's not getting much attention from members... I do have to ask, though, if there will be an audio option to omit the voice acting from scenes. I'm old-school at heart, and though I'll probably give the voice acting a shot, I'd like to know if the option will be there.
It would be a nice feature to implement, but it won't be in the demo.  If I can think of a slightly less infuriating way of implementing it than having to put an on/off switch for every line of dialogue in the game, I'll do it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.