Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Trickster's Time System V2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dp12

i have a question, for some reason i have the demo map in my game but when i play it the hud dosent work, do i need to add in the hud switch somehow?

umm I copied it from the demo and it was switch 1 decided if the hud was on... so if you are already using the switch # 1 go into the

time hud addon script and change it to a different switch number...

otherwise just turn switch 1 on XD

hmm... did you copy all the scripts? you need to copy all 6 scripts from map info to export time to variables...

also need sdk and macl...

hmm if it doesn't work dunno XD

I am trying to figure out what scripts I dont need for something to work...

since the sdk and macl were updated do you need scripts like map info??? or is it included in macl... dunno XD

Script Time Hud addon Line 70:nomethodError occuried. Undefined method. ' time for nil:Nilclass

i got this error i have no idea what it means

I've got a request for help with this great script. There are several things I would like to do with this, but lack the scripting knowledge to pull them off myself. If anyone wants to give me a hand I'd be gratefull (and of course credit them in the game along with Trickster for making the original script). I will break the features/issues down to make it easier to follow.

1) I looked at the events in the demo and still have no idea how to distinguish indoor from outdoor. Obviously this would include adjusting from outdoor lighting (based on time) to indoor lighting and vise versa.

2) How would I go about displaying a picture at sun up and sun down? I ask this because I would like to show the picture to give a break so I can remove/add any events that only appear at night or day (ie. townsfolk leaving their streetside stands, nocturnal animals coming out) without them just appearing/disappearing.

3) Is there a way to have a state automatically added to all characters to signify night? I would like attack accuracy to be reduced by a Nighttime state, removed by use of torches or lanterns, as well as affecting Geomancy Spells.

4) Lastly, I would like to have seven different distinct times of day instead of the day/night system in Trickster's standard system. Instead of slow fade to night and back to day I would like to have, for example, a fade from day to evening, from evening to dusk, from dusk to night, and so on. If needed I can post the times of day I would like along with the accompanying screen tones I would like to use, but hopefully this would be easy enough for someone to talk me through it.

Im asking for alot of help here. If anyone can help me out with one or more of the above requests I'd be most appreciative. I should state that I have no skill in scripting and am playing around with Trickster's day/night demo before I port it to my actual game (so those would be the only scripts running for now). Thanks in advance.

darkace77450

darkace77450;273731":3bn48w1g said:
I've got a request for help with this great script. There are several things I would like to do with this, but lack the scripting knowledge to pull them off myself. If anyone wants to give me a hand I'd be gratefull (and of course credit them in the game along with Trickster for making the original script). I will break the features/issues down to make it easier to follow.

1) I looked at the events in the demo and still have no idea how to distinguish indoor from outdoor. Obviously this would include adjusting from outdoor lighting (based on time) to indoor lighting and vise versa.

2) How would I go about displaying a picture at sun up and sun down? I ask this because I would like to show the picture to give a break so I can remove/add any events that only appear at night or day (ie. townsfolk leaving their streetside stands, nocturnal animals coming out) without them just appearing/disappearing.

3) Is there a way to have a state automatically added to all characters to signify night? I would like attack accuracy to be reduced by a Nighttime state, removed by use of torches or lanterns, as well as affecting Geomancy Spells.

4) Lastly, I would like to have seven different distinct times of day instead of the day/night system in Trickster's standard system. Instead of slow fade to night and back to day I would like to have, for example, a fade from day to evening, from evening to dusk, from dusk to night, and so on. If needed I can post the times of day I would like along with the accompanying screen tones I would like to use, but hopefully this would be easy enough for someone to talk me through it.

Im asking for alot of help here. If anyone can help me out with one or more of the above requests I'd be most appreciative. I should state that I have no skill in scripting and am playing around with Trickster's day/night demo before I port it to my actual game (so those would be the only scripts running for now). Thanks in advance.

darkace77450

1) Its in the Day night addon
Code:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Tone Disabled Maps
  #   - syntax map_id => disabled flag true: disabled false: enabled
  Tone_Disabled = {2 => true}

2) You can probably do this with a parellel process common event easily, but if you want it scripted then use the Script Requests forum

but here are some things you need to know if you are going to use a common event

you can check the time of Day by using

$game_time.is_morning?
$game_time.is_afternoon?
$game_time.is_evening?
$game_time.is_night?

the definitions of these methods are given in the Game_Time class which just returns true or false depending on how you set up these constants
Code:
  # * Morning
  #   - When is it Morning?
  #   - Default - Defined as 5AM to 12PM
  Morning = proc {|hour| hour >= 5 && hour < 12}
  # * Afternoon
  #   - When is it Afternoon?
  #   - Default - Defined as 12PM to 6PM
  Afternoon = proc {|hour| hour >= 12 && hour < 18}
  # * Evening
  #   - When is it Evening?
  #   - Default - Defined as 6PM to 10PM
  Evening = proc {|hour| hour >= 18 && hour < 22}
  # * Night
  #   - When is it Night time?
  #   - Default - Defined as 10PM to 5AM
  Night = proc {|hour| hour >= 22 && hour < 5}

3) I could probably do this for you, but I am extremely busy right now. The best way to do this is with a passive effect instead of a state.

4) Add this in a new script above main
Code:
class Game_Time
  def tone
    case hours
    when num1..num2
      tone = Tone.new(r, g, b, gr)
    when num3..num4
    when num4..num6
    end
  end
end

where num1..num2 specifies a range for example if you want a certain tone for say 6am - 12pm you would use 6..12. Tone.new(r, g, b, a) creates a tone object and r, g, b, gr specify the filters (red, green, and blue) of the tone.

RMXP Help File":3bn48w1g said:
red The red balance adjustment value (-255 to 255). Values out of range are automatically corrected.
green The green balance adjustment value (-255 to 255). Values out of range are automatically corrected.
blue The blue balance adjustment value (-255 to 255). Values out of range are automatically corrected.
gray The grayscale filter strength (0 to 255). Values out of range are automatically corrected.
When this value is not 0, processing time is significantly longer than when using tone balance adjustment values alone.

Thanks alot Trickster. I'll play around with these sometime this weekend and see if I can get them to work. I appreciate the reply.

darkace77450

do you use another script?. may be that script is incompatible with some of the yours,

Do you copy all the scripts in the demo to your Proyect?

Because the demo run perfectly.

You have to use the demo and copy your stuff into it, there something he did to one of the scripts or something.
By the way Trickster can you edit playtime to show the time? Instead of having a edited menu script please?

You have to use the demo and copy your stuff into it, there something he did to one of the scripts or something.
By the way Trickster can you edit playtime to show the time? Instead of having a edited menu script please?

Never mind what I said above, but I am getting a error
from a custom title only, can you fix it or give me a patch,
it's error line 70 on hud and 77 on day/night,
thanks, sorry for the spam. I accidentally did a double post and I thought
my last one was 3 days ago, sorry. :(

I like but when I tried to put it in my game, this error would pop-up:
Script 'MapInfo Script' line 85: NoMethoderror occurred. un defined method`width for nil:NilClass
Help thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.