Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Trickster's Time System V2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put in the SDK parts 1 2 3 and 4
I put in the time system
I erased the save data I had,
and now whenever I load the game it gives an error.

still not specific enough (hurry I am about to goto bed)

what other scripts do you have in your project?
what is the error I am amusing that it is the error you previously reported?

Here's a list of my scripts

Chrono Trigger CMS
Caterpillar script
AMS (Advanced Message System)
Cheats Input
Heal on Map
SephirothSpawn's Bars
Battle Report

I fixed the old bug i was getting but now it has a different error here,
PHP:
      $game_time.update
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0b3058f9f7.jpg[/IMG]
:-/

I also get a Nomethod error but from a different place, I get it for Game Event. I tried it in an empty project and I still receive that error. :/

Edit: I forgot to include the addons methods and class library. No wonder why. Delete this post if you want.

RMXP4life;240492":2aqhuq5b said:
Here's a list of my scripts

Chrono Trigger CMS
Caterpillar script
AMS (Advanced Message System)
Cheats Input
Heal on Map
SephirothSpawn's Bars
Battle Report

I fixed the old bug i was getting but now it has a different error here,
PHP:
      $game_time.update
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0b3058f9f7.jpg[/IMG]
:-/

Upload a demo for me to see that is quite strange since the value of $game_time should be an instance of the Game_Time class not the AMS class from the AMS script.

Awesome script. Is it possible to have two different places running at two different times?
Example:
Place 1: Year 1313
Place 2: Year 211

I don't mean different time rates.

Darkly0990;242582":1j94avjx said:
Awesome script. Is it possible to have two different places running at two different times?
Example:
Place 1: Year 1313
Place 2: Year 211

I don't mean different time rates.

Well what I would do is convert from one time to another if it is that simple

well I will try to come up with something but I have a lot on my plate right now so don't expect it to be quick

Demo updated to Version 2.2

Adds a script condition useful for checking if for example the hour is between 6PM and 6AM, I will think of something else but for now you have to do it that way

Adds a new addon for you event lovers you can now export the time variables to your in-game variables why you like that I don't know but its there now ready to use.

and one last thing if you want to use Multi-Lined comments then replace your Addons MACL script with the one found in the demo. if not then you are fine.

This script is awesome, exactly what I need!

I have one question though,

Is it possible to create fog in place of a tone?

umm ok question... when checking that it is between times of 5pm and 6 am it skips that part of the event panel... T_T
Code:
hours > 17 || hours < 6
is that the comment I should use???
cause when I do it the above it always gets stuck on that event...

how many event pages can I use with different times???

cause right now I am goofing around and have 5 even pages... 1 blank page...
and 4 with different times...

and so everything works but the last even in which case I used this
Code:
start_hour 17
end_hour 6

and it skips this part of the even it would be on page 5..

nevermind i just split the last event into 2 different events same but with different hours... so starts at 5pm ends at midnight... starts at midnight ends at 6am eh its really nice XD I you can make shops that are only opened and closed on certain days this is reallllly realllllly useful XD

dwjkim

Can anyone turn it into Gregorian or Julian calendar system?

Value is about perfection, and perfection is about accuracy.

And who said I only create scripts for battle systems, yeah that's right This is a map system. This allows your game to have time. Also includes a simple Day Night System. And Also you can setup events that happen at a certain time (ex. at 0 to 6 minutes past each hour, or on Tuesday March 20, 2007 at 3:00 PM to 4:00 the same day and year), This script wasn't meant to be an exact copy of our calendar (you can only set up a month to be 30 days and not vary by month), but well enjoy.

He clearly says that the script was not designed to be accurate to our calenders. Not sure but something like that would probably require a more complex code than what is offered

dwjkim;258189":2w9j8hy6 said:
Can anyone turn it into Gregorian or Julian calendar system?

Value is about perfection, and perfection is about accuracy.

Hey you know, if you don't like it you know you can make your own if you don't know how then you know there is a REQUESTS forum for that. And your post comes off as rude.

REMEMBER that this is a publically released script and I can just go hey I'll just release this and not support it. It's here you can do whatever you want with it take it apart, put it together, use it in your game, add stuff to it, remove stuff from it. doesn't matter to me.

You can ask me to add stuff and whether I add it or not is my own choice. If I add it then good for you, if not then tough luck use the request forums or add it yourself. This also applies for bugs found usually I am better with bugs than I am with adding stuff, I try to fix it in a timely fashion but the only thing I ask is for enough information to duplicate the bug so I can fix it (this means the line the bug appears on, other scripts, and the information that was on the line)

If I do add it will be on my own some time in the future. but pretty much being rude/begging is going decrease the chances of getting what you want

Twilight;258201":2w9j8hy6 said:
He clearly says that the script was not designed to be accurate to our calenders. Not sure but something like that would probably require a more complex code than what is offered

You know, Twilight, you are my hero :)

hanmac;258227":2w9j8hy6 said:
can i make this for vary monthsize and if i can for the Leap_year

Actually I do not want unofficial versions of my scripts running around so I suggest you make your own.

hanmac I know you are trying to help, but I do not accept help from any other scripters (with the only exception to this being Seph and a few others). I really don't like taking help from other programmers as I like to be independent. Not that I don't trust you or putting down your coding skills, its just a thing. Thank you.

Is there any chance of making this Non-SDK Compatible? It's a very useful script and i think many people (including me) would love to have this script without the need of SDK. Thanks for this great script and i hope you find the time to make it Non-SDK.

Thanks again,
RomanMelnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.