Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anaryu: I think that that's a good example of a crowded map. Maybe a bit too crowded. I'm also wondering how a wooden chest would be able to survive on top of molten lava. :/

@MeisMe: I lolled a little at your last sentence :P

@Fallstel: I don't think the quality of those screens match... the first screen is kinda two-colored, the second one is too awesome ^_^ and the third one is a good middle...

@GameRage: It looks a little too futuristic/exact for a middle age RPG (though I don't know if it is :P ), but I really like the design...

@Anaryu: The monster battler reminds me of the blue girl from Dragon Pink 3 :P Well, the BS looks awesome, but I kinda dislike the RTP map...

@Raziel: Absolutely nice... ou should use the 'background' tileset for the 'front' window, too, though... and the icons are bullshit, but nothing that can't be changed, right? ;)
(@JStreet: I don't think the coding of Combo Skills is actually inside a CMS ^_^ )

@Fallstel (again): I just thought you were the Chitsuaki Chaser because of the style, but it looks great anyway ^_^ It has too exact outlines and too few shading for the detailed characters, though.

Anaryu bearing in mind even that it's a cave full of lava(which does in fact glow) and crystals(which are highly reflective) the cave wouldnt be so uniformally light like that. It'd be largely dark, with the lava giving a lot of glow off and the crystals giving a little glow off. I can go more in depth about how you'd approach something like that if you'd like.
fallstell-I can't for the life of me read your name box font.

New Lost Fantasy world map.

!NEW STUFF!
-More stuff finished than the last time I posted this
-Ships and cliffs now have SHADOWS
-New cliff type and also new floor colours (just small edits really...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/dudemaster/newlfworldmap2.png[/IMG]

Notes:

These graphics are all 100% custom made... In paint.
This is for an online RMXP MMORPG game called "Lost Fantasy".
Elder Woods does not look much like a woods as it is very small, but it is going to be extended far out to the East of this map in the near future, probably the next thing I will do after making some more tree types (Oaks, evergreens, willows, etc)
Port Valen looks very small, in fact it is just a hut and a ship... But after extending Elder Woods, I will work more on Port Valen. It will be mainly based on decking and piers stretching out to sea, and there will be a few more boats.

@psgels: Perhaps the mystical item inside of it is immune to the fiery ground upon which it sits, and once removed, maybe that chest bursts into flame and disappears? :)

As for crowded, only the non-traversable areas have stuff, there's plenty of room to move (I am removing a few of the mushrooms and maybe the plants) but I can't see much else I would remove without really making it a kind of dull.

@ryanwh: I suppose I should overlay a slightly red tint, all it has at the moment is a fog on add to make it seem kinda misty, although looking at it now I think I took that screen from a save file BEFORE I turned the fog on. I didn't think of the glow from certain things though, I'll try that.

Here's a new version, "de-cluttered" a bit, kind of iffy on the glowing crystals, perhaps there is a better way of doing it: (May have to refresh to see it)

http://rmxp.org/anaryu/AlthamVolcano.png[/IMG]

BlueScope said:
@Fallstel (again): I just thought you were the Chitsuaki Chaser because of the style, but it looks great anyway ^_^ It has too exact outlines and too few shading for the detailed characters, though.

I love you Bluescope. =D

Kest

Removing the helmet slot with scripts was pretty tough for me, but I finally got it working through trial and error:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Kestenvarn/rpgmaker/alextest05.png[/IMG]

BlueScope":3vmabw09 said:

I'm plannign on redoing them to fit the style.

Kest

Eh, it's not bad. Don't particularly care for how the houses line right up against the terrain in the second one.

Aran said:
Anaryu, that's a nice screen, but still, your excellent spriting kicks ass

The sprites (and battlers) were done by my wife. ^_^

@psgels: I think they look pretty nice, just a little too barren and the cliffs are too perfectly staggered; while a slope may be pretty even, there are still times where the upper part of a cliff juts out just as far (and sometimes more) than the "level" below it.

Too bad you don't have any other trees on that tileset you could use too, a little variety in the trees would make it much nicer. RTP definitely needs more trees.

I'm not overkeen on the placement of the windows from one house to the other. The shape seems to be iniform, so would the placement of the rooms within the house not be too? ...And the windows on the right side just don't seeem right to look at. I can't see any actual faults in the mapping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.