Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fontsize is a bit too small in my opinion, what makes the whole stuff harder to read.
And this grey isn't the coolest color. But I think the Menu itself looks really good. Maybe you should stretch it a bit to the left and the right and increase the fontsize.

The fog overlay helps too. Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw his script. It definetly works. Inq are you putting all your major world map objects on charsets now?

Well, towns certainly wouldn't work as charactersets. You'd have the whole town standing off the ground instead of just the buildings. Also, the buildings need to be made to be viewed at a different angle. They'd have to be view from side on, so I think that just towers will do for standing buildings to give the map a little height. However, this may be completely irrelevant depending on how the 360 degree view would work. I suspect that the characters will have a rather Doom-esque styled approach where no matter which view you look at the charactersets, they will always look the same. I'm not sure about this though. Many problems could arise. If the case is that it's always the same from whatever view, then I will do the towers as "tall" objects on the map. That's all. I would do mountains, but when I think about it, if the big mountains were viewed at a different angle, they wouldn't fit nicely onto the flat mountains underneath, so problems again would arise.

I dont think the different angle thing would really work for a world map or that it'll be a mandatory addition(probably mew will make it togglable). I suppose technically the individual houses could be stacked behind each other as individual events creating the illusion of a big city or something. And the for the mountains, you could just have the very tips appear 3d or something. Idunno... Im waiting for his final version before I start working anything around it. He might make a certain terrain tag 3d, in which case you wouldnt NEED to make them into events.

I dig it Fall but the lighting doesnt really work with the new graphic style. It should be hard around the edges, it'll match better. Also nix the shadow script.

|3_32

Sponsor

Looking at that mode 7, I have the hankering for a super RTP kart game ...

Like the menu, cool maps as always, but the rest of you suck.

Not too sure about the use of the mushrooms on the cave walls,it gives the impression they are hovering. the new battler is fantastic though.

Cygnea

Sponsor

Version Two? >.< I keeping meaning to find time and finish the first one... I have to agree; the battler is amazing.

@GameRage: I think the menu is fine, even with the small text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.