Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content The Portal of Darkness

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the beauty of remakes. Normaly I'd say remakes don't improve stuff, but in this case it can only get better.
Just make sure for a start to make your story and characters better, since those are two of the main elements of most RPGs. Someone once siad, that you would have to know everything about your characters down to their shoesize. This may be a bit to much, but you should know a hell lot about them. You don't have to tell us, but helps you getting a feel for them.

Good luck to you and I hope to see this improved

~Dalton~

It's official! I'm making a new game called The Paladin of Light. No really storyline yet, but you will be able to add points to any attribute, using skill points!

teengamer":2fxf15ui said:
It's official! I'm making a new game called The Paladin of Light. No really storyline yet, but you will be able to add points to any attribute, using skill points!

Two things:

1.) This has nothing to do with Portal of Darkness, so it doesn't belong here.

2.) Why are you jumping to another project now, when this one isn't even finished? You still have so much you need to do with this, even told us that you want to make a remake.

But maybe it will be better to let you do your new project. Just put more effort into it, okay?

Dalton":1xargvg4 said:
teengamer":1xargvg4 said:

Two things:

1.) This has nothing to do with Portal of Darkness, so it doesn't belong here.

2.) Why are you jumping to another project now, when this one isn't even finished? You still have so much you need to do with this, even told us that you want to make a remake.

But maybe it will be better to let you do your new project. Just put more effort into it, okay?

I will. This project was closed quickly because it was apparent no one uses RMVX...

Three things:

Absolutely LOVE your mapping. The use of variation, positive and negative space, contrast value, it`s sooo awesome!

Two hours long!? Your kidding me! You must worked real hard on this huh?

A loot house!? Where you can pik to your heart's content? BRILLIANT!

*Note : Please read the above critique with highest level of sarcasm in thy voice/thought... Thank You.

Mustardy85":i02c9dvz said:
Three things:

Absolutely LOVE your mapping. The use of variation, positive and negative space, contrast value, it`s sooo awesome!

Two hours long!? Your kidding me! You must worked real hard on this huh?

A loot house!? Where you can pik to your heart's content? BRILLIANT!

*Note : Please read the above critique with highest level of sarcasm in thy voice/thought... Thank You.

You are one of the biggest asses i have ever met. BTW, i have a new project on the way, and it is gonna be much better, especially with mapping. I have gotten a ton better at mapping especially in XP.

Got bored, played your demo up untill the part with the fire guy :grin: I proud of it. Lamest waste of time. Anyway, besides the weak story, bland mapping,

Your music is also off by a long shot. I heard a Peacefull themed BGM when one of the characters killed someone. You sure this is a complete project? :huh:

Nyway, nice work for a first game. I've seen worse.

hexi-darkness":3i5b1l9y said:
This all sounds like something out of a Darren Shan Novel...
Hmmmm.... I have no idea who he is.

PS. For everyone who has been slamming my project, my new project, named KongRPG, is much better and I am getting much better support from the people in the Kongregate forums (which by the way are non-RMXP) than here. Thanks for all your support! (Not)

Well, I went and tried your KongRPG demo, but unfortunately I can't give much critique as after defeating the bandits, my character refuses to enter other areas saying "I must defeat the bandits first!" C'mon, test your damn demos before posting them! I suppose you're on the better track with RPG maker XP though... looking at the project file, your maps are somewhat decent. I disappreciate the use of RTP music and I think you should find some of your own. It adds a lot to the game, you know.

mawk

Sponsor

and I am getting much better support from the people in the Kongregate forums (which by the way are non-RMXP) than here.
and I am getting much better support from the people in the Kongregate forums (which by the way are non-RMXP) than here.
well there's your problem. Kongregate is a flashgames place -- it's dissimilar from RMXP in that with Flash you need some skill with Actionscript to so much as make your character walk. odds are a lot of them don't know that rm* is entirely premade content from other people and quick click-and-choose event commands.

or if they do, they don't know exactly what that entails and just how many identical projects kick around this locale

also "KongRPG"

you're starting off your internship by sucking incredible cock, I see

Wait, so first you started on Portal of Darkness, then you decided you were goign to make Paladin of Light or whatever, now you're making some game called KongRPG? Sloooooooow down, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.