Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content THE GRID~

Dead content awaiting restoration.
YES, it's DONE!

Tomas":bxpytql9 said:
thegridlk.png

official site: gone

THE GRID~ ® is a motion-based puzzle game.
You play a nameless character, sucked into a world in which everything is ruled by 'THE GRID'..
THE GRID is a ubiquitous existance which seems to be in control, as far as you can tell.
Troughout the game you're spoken to -or rather, typed to- by something that refers to itself as 'we'.
They call themselves the quizmasters, which still leaves you in the dark about what's going on.

All you know is that you are being watched... . . . .
But still, try to please THE GRID
The game features 9 levels, of which one hidden.

oh yeah, everything is 100% custom, from the graphics to the music
please dont steal my shit
or, make something awesome with it, but at least let me know

the font 'fixedsys excelsior 2.00' will be auto-installed
if you don't run windows the font is located in a 'fonts' folder in the game dir.
you don't need the RTP to play this

If you have suggestions, or remarks, please let me know..
HINT: if you try to move too fast the game is more glitchy than when you take it easy

thegrid.png

Hell fckin' yeah, downloading now!

OMG 6th level is just... *_* I can't say more, because I don't want get banned for bad words.

so kind~
:D

if someone clears all levels before i release my guide
i'll gladly bow before them
even once you know the mechanics its still tough D:

ps you can show me by posting both credit screens

moog

Sponsor

in all honesty this is a pretty bad ass game you put together, i got to lvl 5 and ended up rage quitting. the music is pretty solemn and works well, especially the title theme

also

Dont Rip it off.
Ill come after you

I'm excited to play this game. Downloading now. There are other games I should be playing but i need a break and want to play a puzzle type game! =) I'll let you know what I think after I play it, or quit from annoyance. Hahaha.

Edit: Okay, so I just finished it, I think. Haha. Good game. Didn't take very long to finish, but good none the less. Now I'll have to go back and retry for the least possible movements.

regi

Sponsor

very nice. like the style and ambience and everything. made it through the first playthrough, though i gotta say, is there any way to save progress or choose level or restart? got levels 1-3 perfectly but messed up 4 and couldn't figure out without having to restart :x

i wanted to make a level select screen but the game is so short that i dont think that's worth it
maybe i'll do a slight update in which the introduction kan be skipped

regi

Sponsor

mm at least a level restart feature would be nice (erasing all extra moves), though people might abuse that if they keep hitting red squares... idk your call

PS don't tell anyone but i've written a guide on this matter
now this is more for when you've actually finished it, or you don't want to think about solving all those puzzles yourself
anyway

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.