Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Razkertim

Dead content awaiting restoration.
I had a few glitches (one which was game breaking and I lost over an hour of playtime)
During the dungeon of daring section whenever I went down a ladder the heros picture wouldn't disappear, I had to go to the equip menu to make it disappear.
I went to get Katedyre and Ricallo when I had already completed the DoD with Redian in my party and a scripting error caused the game to shut down.

iceplosion":hggba1tw said:
I had a few glitches (one which was game breaking and I lost over an hour of playtime)
During the dungeon of daring section whenever I went down a ladder the heros picture wouldn't disappear, I had to go to the equip menu to make it disappear.
I went to get Katedyre and Ricallo when I had already completed the DoD with Redian in my party and a scripting error caused the game to shut down.

Ouch that sucks.

If you want, PM me your save file and I will try and see about getting you past some of that stuff.

I've fixed a few more bugs since this particular release but I can't post it just quite yet.

Diedrupo":2wp8dyfh said:
iceplosion":2wp8dyfh said:

Ouch that sucks.

If you want, PM me your save file and I will try and see about getting you past some of that stuff.

I've fixed a few more bugs since this particular release but I can't post it just quite yet.

Could you do that? It's not like the glitch damaged the save I lost the time because I hadn't saved in a long time and then the game shut down (y'know normal scripting error with some script on line something) If that's possible I'll PM you the file.

iceplosion":fs41ke4p said:
Could you do that? It's not like the glitch damaged the save I lost the time because I hadn't saved in a long time and then the game shut down (y'know normal scripting error with some script on line something) If that's possible I'll PM you the file.

No problem, also it'd be helpful if you tell me how to reproduce the error as well in the PM.

well nvm lol i figured it out. but know its really hard im in the cave after you  get morse into your party im stuck should i go to the castle or the other way to the other cave??

20larry3":30k09zk3 said:
well nvm lol i figured it out. but know its really hard im in the cave after you  get morse into your party im stuck should i go to the castle or the other way to the other cave??

You should probably go to the castle first..

That story is quite cracking actually. Maybe the summoning and the twelve magical heroes cliche does tone down the overall plot, but with the sheer amount of detail invested into all of your characters, I doubt that will matter. Screenshots and scripts are also looking quite nice, one thing though: the title screen is brilliant, but let down by the logo. That shade of pink doesn't earn my approval, nor does the name of the game to be honest, but still, its the content right?

I also realize that the E rating isn't really neccasary.
Redian looks great ;)
I'll download the demo later, as I'm currently downloading some other things!  :)

evergreen":z5nuh8bu said:
That story is quite cracking actually. Maybe the summoning and the twelve magical heroes cliche does tone down the overall plot, but with the sheer amount of detail invested into all of your characters, I doubt that will matter. Screenshots and scripts are also looking quite nice, one thing though: the title screen is brilliant, but let down by the logo. That shade of pink doesn't earn my approval, nor does the name of the game to be honest, but still, its the content right?

I also realize that the E rating isn't really neccasary.
Redian looks great ;)
I'll download the demo later, as I'm currently downloading some other things!  :)

Yeah, that's an old logo back when I needed something when I was making the thread post. The new logo is in the actual game itself now. The E rating is a satire of people who put M ratings on their proejcts for no reason. ;)

ummm, ropes? I can't find any rope to get down into the Dungeon of Daring, the one that was hidden in there was lost after the party respawned and I can't seem to find anymore anywhere....what am I missing?
The guy with the tips said I would need 3 ropes to get to see the statue of Relenths.

WildstormSong":270pj6cr said:
ummm, ropes? I can't find any rope to get down into the Dungeon of Daring, the one that was hidden in there was lost after the party respawned and I can't seem to find anymore anywhere....what am I missing?
The guy with the tips said I would need 3 ropes to get to see the statue of Relenths.

Redian warns you that if you respawn/warp out, you lose whatever rope you had used if you hadn't gone back to take it. You'll have to reload and go back, get the first rope, then use it to talk to the dude in the central room.

what about the guy in Periphany that said the ropes could be purchased on the inner continent? I don't have a save that far back.........
but I haven't found them for sale anywhere yet.
(fun game, I'll post some comments later, still playin' with it )

I immediatelly started downloading as soon as I saw "10+ hours of gameplay".
Downloading now, will give short review later.

WildstormSong":3v33zqzt said:
what about the guy in Periphany that said the ropes could be purchased on the inner continent? I don't have a save that far back.........
but I haven't found them for sale anywhere yet.
(fun game, I'll post some comments later, still playin' with it )

Unfortunately the Inner Continent is not accessible in Part 1. I suppose you could wait until then, but I don't know when I'm going to finish it.

waaaaaaaaaaaaa *wink*, this kinda thing interferes with game progression, ya should let folks replace those ropes someway, I was thinkin' the fisherman would have some,  but might want something odd to use as bait in exchange for them instead of Z's *grin*, that's what I would do........send 'em huntin' for more monster parts to get the ropes if they lose 'em all. By the way, I only found the one rope in Redian's hidey hole, where are the other 2?
oh, and is there really a float spell somewhere?

WildstormSong":2ez8b84o said:
waaaaaaaaaaaaa *wink*, this kinda thing interferes with game progression, ya should let folks replace those ropes someway, I was thinkin' the fisherman would have some,  but might want something odd to use as bait in exchange for them instead of Z's *grin*, that's what I would do........send 'em huntin' for more monster parts to get the ropes if they lose 'em all. By the way, I only found the one rope in Redian's hidey hole, where are the other 2?
oh, and is there really a float spell somewhere?

Yep the float spell is in Part 2, its pretty much like using a rope ladder except it's a spell so you can use it as many times as you want.

You don't actually need to beat the Dungeon of Daring to finish Part 1, it's only required to recruit Redian permanently (when he leaves your party after 7 days you can go and re-talk to him and he will rejoin for another 7 days).

BTW the other ladders, you have to go down the hole in the center and talk to the guy there and he asks you to bring him a warlpup carcass. So you have to find the warlpup (blue walrus looking rtp enemy), kill it, and bring its loot back to the guy. He'll give you another ladder and ask you to find another one for the 3rd and last ladder.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.