Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game] Deadly Sin

Dead content awaiting restoration.
I found a bug in your game. When you go outside in one of the floating ships, if you go outside, your sprite turns invisible and your faces go to the RTP-versions. It stops when you save or something. For that reason 3.5/5. If you would have better beta tested it, 4.5/5.

mawk

Sponsor

in more seriousness I'm not crazy about how you mix the VX and XP RTPs. the colour palettes and saturation of the two sets don't really fit well together -- VX is notably more bright and colourful than XP, and it's very easy to pick up which tiles were taken from which engine.

the spriting ranges from alright to not so alright. your battle charactersprites in particular fluctuate in quality -- the man's coat, for instance, and the cat's back are shaded in a pretty confusing way. your overworld sprites are okay at first glance, but make a few amateur mistakes here and there.

the music is solid, though, and aside from the above points your graphics are pretty alright. I'd suggest hiring some better spriting talent since after all you're making a commercial game and can afford to shell out for that extra bit of beauty. the spriting you have right now is kind of a dodgy thing. mixing the RTPs of the two engine versions is also potentially dangerous from a legal perspective -- strictly speaking, eB's license forbids you from using the RTP materials in anything except the engine they're bundled with. odds are severely tilted towards them never noticing and/or never taking action, but whatever, it was worth mention, at least.

My copy/paste from the same copy/paste forum as original topic ;)

I've played demo only a bit, till the thiefs fight.

Story - 3/10 :slow, generic and accidental (you can do a lot better ! :) )
Mapping - 5/10 : average, bit visionless, but keeps the middle lvl quality standards.
Battle - 6/10 :Good idea but not that well executed, as other said to slow and to repetetive. Good chars gfx. When i got to the skills piont, the bad story drove me so mad i've just skipped the text and, wasn't even able to read how to use them.
Music - 8/10 : Well composed songs with soul. they sound good ( we know y, right harmonic ;) ? ). The only thing that was missing is tension growth - the culmination point for every song. Yeas i did listen to most of them from bgm folder ;)

Cant say much about the gfx, as it is mostly standard rtp with some bits downloaded from the internet.
btw. Where did you got the charastes from? did you made them yourself?

edit@ i'm already asking this 3rd time: where did you got thise chars from - did you made them yourself? thanks

Another 1 Hour demo? Why do people keep thinking this is great? If actual paid developers out there aren't doing this, obviously that means it isn't a viable option.

And what really turned me off about the game was the following: "Deadly Sin is a 30+ hour fantasy RPG."

:|:

I honestly have to say that it isn't worth 15 for most people but I bought it anyways and was still pleased with it since it was in my price range and I knew it would entertain me. Anyways I like the game harmonic and all I can say about it further is this. "GET. YOUR. (insert ten second bleep here). TO WORK ON LOD TWO NAO!

I can't imagine what it's going to be like with this game under your belt. :thumb:

Also the best lines in this game are all around Winchester. My favorite character in this game.

Sir

It looks good, but 30 hours? that's a long time my friend, are you sure you haven't miss calculated 30 hours?

moog

Sponsor

cordynasty":1tr6fq9f said:
Another 1 Hour demo? Why do people keep thinking this is great? If actual paid developers out there aren't doing this, obviously that means it isn't a viable option.

And what really turned me off about the game was the following: "Deadly Sin is a 30+ hour fantasy RPG."

:|:

maybe it is?

also whats the deal with the time, it looks like he spent alot of work on this, just chill out.

I might dl this for a play just because I saw EWQLSO....thats all I need to hear.

This looks pretty cool. In all honesty I never though someone could sell an RM game and I still think that way.

Good luck though man!

*downloads*

Sir

I want to download it lol, but my net is so friggen slow it's not funny, i don't want to waste the time frame unless it's worth it, can anyone make a review on the demo?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.