Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content [Full Game] Deadly Sin

Dead content awaiting restoration.
forumdsbgjpg.jpg

Deadly Sin

Follow the exiled princess of Dondoran and the last of the Black Dragons as a millenia-old conflict reaches its epic conclusion.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game website: http://www.deadlysinstudios.com

Download trial here: http://www.deadlysinstudios.com/full/deadlysin.exe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadly Sin is a 30+ hour fantasy RPG.

Notable features include:

-100% original soundtrack using high-end VSTs, such as Eastwest Symphonic Orchestra, and Eastwest Ministry of Rock. See website for music player!
-Original custom battle system with attractive, animated player characters
-Threat system: Allows player characters to draw attacks by having higher threat, or vice versa. Threat is gained through damage, healing, and various abilities.
-In depth skill point system: Each PC has a unique skill tree. Invest skill points gained from battle or other means to gain passive and active skills.
-Monster nodes: Every map with random encounters can have the encounters turned off by finding the monster node, which also rewards skill points.

Screenshots
screens.png

Note from the author:

After the popularity of my first game for RPGmaker2003, Legacies of Dondoran, I knew that making games on my own was something I truly love doing. Deadly
Sin, as a commercial game, is my first adventure into the world of entrepreneurship. That said, I made Deadly Sin because I wanted to make a game that I
feel I'd love to play if someone else made it, and a platform for my music compositions. A truly hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it.

-Harmonic

Nolund

Sponsor

Gonna download your trial and test things out, but I must say, your screenshots and website are very impressive. Great job.

Judging from the wrong sentence cut-offs, the copy & paste over here from other forums didn't work too well. :P

But it looks great, of course! How long have you been working on this?

Wow,this game looks amazing!11 months in development hey,
that's pretty impressive.Love that battle system.Did you make the
battlers yourself?I went to the website and tried to download the
demo and found out it was over a 150 mb in size! :shock:

Because of the crappy internet I have down here,I was unable
to download it,and it's such a pity,because it looks like it's going
to be a fantastic game!

Good luck!

I played the demo.

One thing I learned is that 1 hour means 1 hour when it comes to this game. I'm used to the idea that a 1 hour long demo means the content is estimated to take 1 hour to clear, but may actually take more or less of that depending on how fast the player is. For that reason I was surprised when I suddenly couldn't play the demo anymore. I probably overlooked some text explaining this, but oh well.

As far as plot and characters goes, I have no clue whatsoever how good it's gonna be. Nothing I've seen indicates that the story will be particular good or bad.

The skill system looks great. It's always fun to look at it and think of what skills you really want. I didn't notice any way to see how many skill points you have though, just how many skill points each skill costs.

I like the idea of an aggro system. Having a warrior with high HP and defense is great, but it helps little when the enemies hit the wizard instead, so a way for the player to influence who they're going to hit is always nice. I don't know how well implemented it is though.

One thing that does worry me is the combination of the offensive spells being to expensive and the healing spell being to cheap. It's as if the game wanted to tell me "hey, just attack and save the MP for healing" which is really not what I want to hear.

This is the first commercial game I've played that actually looks like it deserves to be a commercial game.

It looks fantastic, the music is great, the battle system is the best I've ever seen in an RPGM game to date, and the battlers themselves look very good. I can't comment on the story or characters since I've only played for half an hour, but judging from the quality of everything else, it seems fair to assume that they would be good as well (although the characters do seem rather archetypal at this point).

It's impressive what you've done here, though. Really. I guess I'll see where the next half hour gets me.

I was always confused about this, so I am just asking but it is legal to sell a game mixing the rtp's from vx and rmxp? I thought people said it was against the terms of use?

It's what prevented me from ever doing that myself.

First of all, it's pretty much your usual medieval game with mechanics as an upgrade on classic SNES FF's content. But least to say, it's a high-quality game so far.

-Pros-
- Nice CMS
- Nice CBS
- Music sets atmosphere
- Good mapping with straightforward directional goals

-Cons-
- Being asked if you want to use a tent at every save point when you don't have one
- Misplaced monsters in battle background - totally disillusioned my expectations
- Incomplete Skill Tree system menu in which available points are not there and it's very cluttered

Other comments:
- I find it weird that the main character's starting level is 1 despite her training she had

- Is it worth the $14.95??

Since this game is on the commercial market, it does not only compete with RMXP games, but all other games out there. There are lots of other great RMXP games out there that are on par in my opinion. Plus, they are free. But, putting those aside, this game itself is not worth its price.

In conclusion:

"Deadly Sin" is an amazing game from the beginning even though it doesn't necessarily transcends the RMXP gaming scene. If you want to donate to the maker for his time, then by all means go ahead.

That battle system looks awesome! But that's really all I'm impressed about because I don't know what the story even is. I think $9.99 is a more reasonable price IMO.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.