Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Dungeons

Dead content awaiting restoration.
thedjt":1c26qnhb said:
This is one of the few games that have made me want to come back to play it some more. I was a total dipshit at the start and ventured off as a freelancer thinking I was going to get some sweet moves later on the line and then getting violated repeatedly by a zombie.

I closed it and thought naaah.. Then I thought I must of done something wrong. And I actually returned, stuck on the maximum floor numbers (which this version was 26 or 27 I believe. And played a lot more Tactically. I firstly chose a Warrior and a Mage which ended up with my warrior having to babysit my Mage who was constantly being beaten to death. I then decided to change over to a Paladin and a Brawler which worked quite well until we both started getting low on health to which I then tactically changed over the brawler to a priest where I played defensive with the next monsters.

I'm still playing it now it's a pretty cool game I'm a sucker for Dungeon Crawlers especially those made in RPG Maker.

Glad to hear you liked it. Often times these types of games get overlooked by games with..plots. Hehe.

Anyway, I'm working on the newest version, which already has the thirteenth class, the Psion, figured out and will have floors 26-30.

First off, I'd like to say I've had a blast playing through your game but I think I've come across a nasty little bug(glitch?).

I finally made it to Floor 23 and for some reason the 'Elemental Boss' that unlocks the stairs to Floor 24 is missing. I found his throne but the boss itself is missing. I've tried restarting the game itself and reloading my save but he is still missing. Is there some sort of trick to getting him to appear or do I need to be on a certain difficulty?

Current Settings

Normal Difficulty
Normal Density
27 Floors Max

Can't wait for the next update.

-Matthias

Edit: I've also reached the 'cap' of 201 monster defeats in case that's relevant.

Kragagar":2fatsi97 said:
First off, I'd like to say I've had a blast playing through your game but I think I've come across a nasty little bug(glitch?).

I finally made it to Floor 23 and for some reason the 'Elemental Boss' that unlocks the stairs to Floor 24 is missing. I found his throne but the boss itself is missing. I've tried restarting the game itself and reloading my save but he is still missing. Is there some sort of trick to getting him to appear or do I need to be on a certain difficulty?

Current Settings

Normal Difficulty
Normal Density
27 Floors Max

Can't wait for the next update.

-Matthias

Edit: I've also reached the 'cap' of 201 monster defeats in case that's relevant.

Alright, I think I can fix that problem. This only occurs on one of the variations of floor 23. Here, download this file and put it in the data folder. Replace the old file.

http://www.4shared.com/file/dhKek4n-/Map079.html

This aught to fix your problem, and you should be able to continue to the end.

Unfortunately it didn't fix it.

floor23.jpg

No Boss appeared.

Kragagar":1uiesx97 said:
Unfortunately it didn't fix it.

floor23.jpg

No Boss appeared.

Alright.

Here's the file again. I just manually activated the stairs.
http://dc202.4shared.com/download/30552 ... 079.rvdata

Don't worry, you'll be able to face the boss again..on floor 25..with all the other bosses too :)

As for the next update..well here, look at my logs if you want some information. It's a big skill and gameplay retool. At the end of this update, all classes will be implemented and an OST (mostly composed by me except for the battle themes) will be added as well. You'll probably have to restart your game after this update, though.

~Warrior~

-ACTIVES (Offensive)-

Blitz - Attacks twice for ten mana. (Limited)
Roar - Frightens all enemies, lowering speed. (Status) (Limited)
Wound - Inflicts bleeding on an enemy and deals damage. (Status) (Powerful)
Charge - All party members physically attack enemies at random. (Powerful)
Revenge - Next attack is a guaranteed critical hit. (Status) (Limited)
Pierce - Deals damage, ignoring armor. (Status) (Powerful)
Bash - Bashes with a shield, stunning an enemy. (Status) (Limited)

-ACTIVES (Defensive)-

Block - Guard is doubled; cannot be crit. Damage reduced by 10. (Limited) (Status)
Cover - Takes physical damage for another ally. (Limited)
Counter - Spends a turn reflecting any harmful spells. (Limited) (Status)

-PASSIVES-

Vengeance - Increases crit% by 3. (Offensive)
Perception - Attacks will never miss. (Offensive)
Auto-Guard - Starts battle with Guard status. (Defensive)
Dragon Shell - Prevents stun and increases defence by 5. (Defensive)

-AURA-

Command Aura - All actors have a 20% chance to automatically attack at the end of every turn.

-------------

~Wizard~

-ACTIVES (Offensive)-

Pyro - Deals fire damage.
Hail - Deals ice damage.
Bolt - Deals thunder damage.
Aqua - Deals water damage.
Gaia - Deals earth damage.
Aero - Deals air damage.
Drain - Drains HP.
Osmose - Drains MP.

-ACTIVES (Defensive)-

Focus - Reduces mana cost of all spells by 5. Can be stacked 5 times. (Status).
Shield - Protects the user from damage for one turn.

-PASSIVES-

Clarity - Increases max mana by 50, and regens mana in battle.
Mana Barrier - 20% of damage is converted to mana damage.
Great Spirit - Increases spirit by 5.
Arcane Might - Reduces spell cost by 50%.

-AURA-

Arcane Aura - After casting a spell, an enemy will not be able to cast a spell the next turn.

Although I am not ready to release the skillsets of all twenty classes, I am able to release their auras. Here are the remaining 17 auras. You can only have four auras on a party at any time, and if the provider of an aura dies the party loses the effect as well.

Divine Aura - Healing taken is increased by 25%.
Doom Aura - Inflicts a random status element on all enemies at the beginning of battle.
Energy Aura - Regular attacks target all enemies.
Trickery Aura - Whenever an enemy casts a beneficial spell, the party gains that effect as well.
Faith Aura - Gradually increases spirit each turn. (+2 Spirit is added each turn up to a maximum of +10.)
Wind Aura - Jump's duration is increased. Speed while jumping is increased by 100%.
Tracker Aura - Critical strike chance increased by 15%.
Nature Aura - Cleanses negative status effects each turn.
Leader Aura - Keeps a dead actor's aura up for an additional turn.
Mind Aura - Deals an additional 80 damage a turn to enemies at the cost of 20 MP from each actor. All actors must be living and have at least 20 MP for this to occur.
Elemental Aura - Randomly picks an aura and uses it for the duration of the fight. In addition, grants a 10% bonus to all stats.
Darkness Aura - Grants a 100% escape chance, provided you are able to escape.
Melody Aura - Increases HP and MP restoration.
Draconic Aura - Enemies constantly quake in fear. Boosts attack by 20%.
Combat Aura - Unable to use spells. Attack boosted by 50%.
Barbaric Aura - Damage increases when HP is lowered.
Guardian Aura - Gives all allies one Auto-Life effect. (The effect can only be used once and never returns. If the person that provides the aura dies, all unused Auto-Life effects are consumed as well.)

Still can't use the stairs for some reason.

I decided to try and delete Map079.rvdata entirely just to see what would happen. Oddly enough I could still load my savefile just fine. I wonder if the map itself is somehow 'queued' in the savefile.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about RPGMaker or how it works. I'm just speculating.

Kragagar":wgqfgu2h said:
Still can't use the stairs for some reason.

I decided to try and delete Map079.rvdata entirely just to see what would happen. Oddly enough I could still load my savefile just fine. I wonder if the map itself is somehow 'queued' in the savefile.

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about RPGMaker or how it works. I'm just speculating.

Well post your save file and I'll fix it manually then I guess. I'll have to look into this more in depth for the next update. The save file number corresponds to the save slot. (I.E. Save 1 would be the first slot)

I really liked this game. It's simple and a little addictive. And killing monsters without any reason at all is always good!
For now, I'm at third floor, but soon gonna play it more.

This game is really fun and simple, I like it and spent about an hour playing because of its addictive nature.

I don't have many complaints but the one thing that bugged me was when I got to the cave's floors and was facing the vampire boss, if you accidentally cast Regen you are fucked! There is no way to out damage it because it regenerates a percentage too great, coupled with the auto-reflect it makes this boss impossible to defeat if you accidentally cast a Regenerate spell. You might consider adding a round timer to the Regen effect b/c it is extremely frustrating to get that far and loose for something that stupid.

Just my thoughts, you might of intended it to be impossible if you accidentally use the wrong spell.
-Zerg

And here's your complimentary...

ZERGLING RUSH REVIEW!

• Originality 18 / 20
    Story 10 / 20
    Gameplay 18 / 20
    Mapping 14 / 20
    Scripting 18 / 20
    Replayability +10 (Bonus)
zergling.gif
8.8 / 10
zergling.gif

I played the game on easy difficulty and I though it was actually kinda hard.
Not in the respect that the monsters were too strong, but that they were slowly getting down my health and I wasn't getting potions often enough to earn it back.
Also are the floors random, or not. Because I played twice and the first floor was exactly the same both times..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.