Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Dungeons

Dead content awaiting restoration.
dungeons.png

[Dungeons] is really epic, there's not much I can say. -Saekonungar

Are you the warrior? Are you the wizard? Are you willing to save the world?
Inside the deep dungeon, the monsters wait, ready to unleash their attack.
It is up to you and your companion to enter the dungeon and fight for life.
Will you answer the call?

• Features:
  • Robust Class System, with over 10 classes to chose and level up
  • Detailed Ability Mechanics, with at least eight skills to a class
  • Randomly Generated Maps, for added variety in your dungeon
  • Three Different Difficulties - Simple, Normal and Impossible

• Screenshots:

• Comments:
      • [Dungeons] is really epic, there's not much I can say. -Saekonungar
      • WOW! Very very very good! Muy bueno! -Moa
      • It has a certain charm... -The Wizard 007
      • Good job, [Phoenix]! -thatbennyguy
      • WOW! THIS GAME IS VERY AWESOME!! -Locke
      • This game is very very good!!! -hendrik2
      • [Dungeons] is quite fun. -Goody Two-Shoes

Director
Phoenix

Graphics
Enterbrain
MACK
Qut
da almighty
chakshuriken
tutortutor
Yanfly
distrubedstranger
3DScreensavers
FableII Art Department

Scripting
SepherothSpawn
modern algebra
Blackmorning
Synthesize
Rafidelis
Trebor77
Woratana
Mithrin
Yanfly
Tomy

Music
Chris Hülsbeck & X-formz - "The Great Bath"
Enterbrain - Assorted Audio
Issacsol - RT-Package Remix
Nintendo - "Mario Vs. Hooktail"
Square Enix - "Giant's Dungeon"
Square Enix - "Battle 2"
Square Enix - "The Brink of Death"
Capcom - "Result of Mission"
Noteworthy - "Dungeons of the Heart"
Unknown - "Swamp Dungeon"
Unknown - "Battle Theme"

Special Thanks
Iron Hand - Developer of Wiibrew "Dungeons" - Inspiration

Once again, another release.
1.3 is released!

This adds the Priest class, with the ability to heal.
Please, oh please, be my person who posts here!

Phoenix":2t9lpkh4 said:
Once again, another release.
1.3 is released!

This adds the Priest class, with the ability to heal.
Please, oh please, be my person who posts here!

Once again, another release!
1.4 is released.

The notes are in the download page...which you should download, then post a comment.
Seriously. I'm starting to hear an echo in here.

If you make this non RGS dependent I'll play it.

I mean, I really do want to play it. But since I don't have VX I can't.

I hear it's good, though...

@ j4kl1ng3r -
All you need is the RGSS2 and rtp.
You dont need VX itself so you can easily download that.

@Phoenix -
Ill give you some feed back.
I played the game on easy difficulty and I though it was actually kinda hard.
Not in the respect that the monsters were too strong, but that they were slowly getting down my health and I wasnt getting potions often enough to earn it back.
Also are the floors random, or not. Because I played twice and the first floor was exactly the same both times (I only ever played with 3 floors because two are wasted with the boss you cant fight.).
So this is a fine game so far, assuming it is quite and early demo.
I will have another look after a couple of updates.

OK, I managed to download the last version, but...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE... stop that 'hard-coded' white background in the original post. Let me and Windows decide the bg color. You know, I am near blind, and easily dazzled by too much light (like a full white screen). I nearly didn't find the dl link...

Anyway, your game seems to have the right mix of colors; and this one, at last, I'll have a look at.

@Phoenix -
Not in the respect that the monsters were too strong, but that they were slowly getting down my health and I wasnt getting potions often enough to earn it back.
This tends to be purely a luck thing. Certain monsters (like Slimes) drop potions at a 50% rate. I would like to bump it up to 66%, but I can't do that with the editor.

Also are the floors random, or not. Because I played twice and the first floor was exactly the same both times (I only ever played with 3 floors because two are wasted with the boss you cant fight.).
Again, a luck thing. When you move down a floor it's chosen from a pool of floors. So you might get the same level several times or encounter all of the possibilities. There will be more variants of a floor as the game becomes more complete so don't worry about it too much.

So this is a fine game so far, assuming it is quite and early demo.
I will have another look after a couple of updates.
Thanks!

Kuidon":3nv7g2yn said:
@ j4kl1ng3r -
All you need is the RGSS2 and rtp.
You dont need VX itself so you can easily download that.

Ok, I could just go get RGSS2 and rtp myself and make his demo work for me, for him, and then give him a review on it...Or, he could make a workable demo for me/everyone who doesn't have VX/RGSS2 and the RTP sitting around on their computer by either including those in the download or compiling it so it does not depend on either of those to work.

My guess is that the first of those scenarios is the only one that's going to end with me playing this game and leaving a review. I am a busy/lazy man.Chop chop.

Errr.... how to say that...
Although I found your game very enjoyable and innovative; after a couple minutes of play, I began to feel both frustration and boredom.

Enjoyable: A true dungeon, without scenario twists and lengthy cutscreens. Something you can play without thinking after a hard job day. And, as I said earlier, the screen is dark enough, and the text is white on black backgroud, so that I wasn't dazzled (although I sometinem mixed up chest and stairs...)

Innovative: The minimap and Job system are cool addons; although the minimap needs some more specifications (like being based on something else than passable tiles. I'll have a look at that...)

frustration: even on easy mode, Death is inevitable. You use your ressouces (HP, MP and potion) quicker than you restore/drop them. And, apart from weapons, new equipments are nearly non-existent. All you got for armur is what you got at the start. I won't ecen try 'Normal' mode :shock:

Boremdom: The old PMT syndtom ("Porte/Monstre/Tresor" or "Door/Monster/Treasure") of my earlier RPG years, 30 years ago, is comming back :tongue:

All in one, your Dungeon could be a good dubgeon, wih a little flesh-out, as well as some balancing.

Phoenix":26px6cdd said:
@Phoenix -
This tends to be purely a luck thing. Certain monsters (like Slimes) drop potions at a 50% rate. I would like to bump it up to 66%, but I can't do that with the editor.

Would really recommend putting more thought into that. No one wants to play a game where they may or may not have to replay a large segment depending on how lucky they get. Obviously it's a demo so no biggy, but before a release it'd really be in your best interests to thoroughly playtest it and place items in strategic locations.

Ok, 1.6. I put all you guy's balancing concerns into action, and I think I may have found a solution. Each step now restores one HP and one MP. Playing through it I found it's very balanced with this. You can still die, of course, but for different reasons now.

Also, loads and loads of bug fixes.

kaidus":3mcj5tcn said:
Phoenix":3mcj5tcn said:
@Phoenix -

Would really recommend putting more thought into that. No one wants to play a game where they may or may not have to replay a large segment depending on how lucky they get. Obviously it's a demo so no biggy, but before a release it'd really be in your best interests to thoroughly playtest it and place items in strategic locations.

It's called "save".

Just like to post a little update.

I'm working on the definitive release of Dungeons. It'll really flesh the (cough cough) "script engine" (as I've taken to calling it) out and to full potential. I'm adding passive abilities for each class as well as unlockable classes such as the Lancer.

But you could always comment on this version.

It's called "save".

No such thing with this game. You can't abuse save.

Anyways, your game is quite fun, I'll play more next time, also, i dunno whether you have done this or not, but I dont seem to have much HP problem here...

Maybe I played the updated version...

also, we should be able to buy some potions at every crystal save...

new super special awesome happy fun time 2.0 Release!
http://download42.mediafire.com/zqd5hen ... ns+2-0.exe

^ There.

It's much, much different then 1.6. You'll really have to play it to experience all of the changes. Max floors increased to 12 as well. 24 different monsters now, beastiary updates, new class (the Lancer), passive abilities, and a ton more. Download and leave a comment. please.

Oh, small update.

You have to press the "A" key on the map screen to save.
I'll fix that next update so save will be on the menu again.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.