Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content DBZ - RP V3.0 Complete Pt.1.

Dead content awaiting restoration.
como":16o39qiu said:
Great work there. Sorry I can't offer better crits like the folks above, it's late here; but it was fun to play even tho I'd never seen any dragonball. Nice work with the battle animations too.

No worries! I'm just glad you played and enjoyed the game. If I get some more time after I finish all of the fixes and upgrades to the game, I might add some basic walkthroughs. It would be nice to add one for the dragonballs, being that I DO want everyone to fully see all of the different features in the game.

I'm glad you liked the animations, that means they were worth the hours of slaving away! Lol. Hopefully you can find the dragonballs on your own though, the New Game + mode is pretty fun because of the different things you can unlock.

well first when i saw DBZ RP I though for one second AWWWW DBZ R^PE but well haha:) i love dbz and will dwnld the game! :biggrin: :biggrin:

OK! I've finally finished EVERYTHING that I've wanted for this version of the game. There is a lot of new content, bug fixes, improvements to old things, etcetra.

I won't address all of the changes here, but I will be starting a changelog on my website soon, so if you're really interested in that sort of thing-- you can look forward to it! However, to give you a general idea of the main changes I'm going to be posting some screenshots on the main post here. Thanks for your time.

I just downloaded it and about to play it, but right now things that needs attention are:

The teleport out of the new books shop is to to the wrong place, leading out of the marital arts shop instead of it's own door.

I think something is way off with my characters' strength:
25927988.jpg

Goku's without any equipment because with it it's even worse (999 strength)...
I suppose it's a bug, or did Goku just get enormous strength? I bet even Brolly will go down with this stats LOL
EDIT: I took him on and killed him in two hits, my characters leveled a lot, Picollo reached the level cap of 20 and I opened the chest, which froze my game :(, it's okay cause I didn't want to save anyway, it's just not fair challenging him this way...
EDIT2: I slayed him again and saved on a different slot, the game froze when I opened the chest so I reloaded. I went out of the cave and back in and this time the chest opened.
EDIT3: WTF? After the fight with Brolly Goku's strength became normal again and Picollo's jumped to 999. The south city guards still think Brolly is alive, probably you did not anticipate his defeat, or they just don't know about it.
EDIT4: I talked to Kami before(I am pretty sure) fighting Brolly and I think they were talking about his defeat in past terms, is that suppose to happen or did I misunderstand again? I went to the forest and again Goku's strength became normal and Picollo's 999, I am so confused.

I am completely lost about the time system. When I am at 18:49 which means 6:49 P.M. the door will still stay shut, even though its working hours are 9 A.M. to 8 P.M. (9:00-20:00). Did I misunderstand something? Because it is the same for every shop except the new book shop. I actually got excited when a door opened which didn't happen for a long time.
123123123123123123123g.jpg

Everybody is telling me to go to sleep and the hotel is closed at this hour... Will Chi-Chi be a nice girl and let go of Gohan so I can finally sleep?

Also, is the ATM in west city supposed to be walkable? It's pretty weird.

I liked the moving of the basic attacks to the Ki menu, but now the basic menu only contains the power up option. Is it the only option that will ever appear in the basic menu? If so you can just call it "Power up" instead of making another menu.

When I go to a Nimbus point and say No to the question if I want to ride the Nimbus, the message window stays on the screen with no text. It disappears when I say yes to the question, by entering a battle, or by leaving the map.

I liked the Treasure chest menu, the new battle menu, the Release gauge, and the new buildings in West City and of-course the scouter-shaped message window. I also liked the clouds in the world map, though some of them don't move, and some appear on the DB-Radar even when the radar is not pointed on them, they appear on the black areas.

Can't Goku lay a punch when I can Release? Sometimes punch is the best option and I cannot perform that.

remoba":1e25dbe7 said:
The teleport out of the new books shop is to to the wrong place, leading out of the marital arts shop instead of it's own door.
Fixed, that was a silly mistake...I remember being sleepy when I was doing that part-- go figure.

I think something is way off with my characters' strength:
Goku's without any equipment because with it it's even worse (999 strength)...
I suppose it's a bug, or did Goku just get enormous strength? I bet even Brolly will go down with this stats LOL
Wow this one was a doozy...but I fixed it, lol. The exact situation is much too complicated to even try explaining. In short, the game features a stat gaining system that is completely independent of the "leveling" system. So, it went crazy due to a minor miscalculation associated with "Powering up" since that effectively doubles your attack. Unfortunately the stat increase wasn't being reset after the effect expired. This also explained why sometimes one character had max attack, while the other didn't.

I am completely lost about the time system. When I am at 18:49 which means 6:49 P.M. the door will still stay shut, even though its working hours are 9 A.M. to 8 P.M. (9:00-20:00). Did I misunderstand something? Because it is the same for every shop except the new book shop. I actually got excited when a door opened which didn't happen for a long time.

Everybody is telling me to go to sleep and the hotel is closed at this hour... Will Chi-Chi be a nice girl and let go of Gohan so I can finally sleep?
Haha, yeah somehow you managed to get the clock to not update after going over the first day, and then it basically just spilled over onto the next day. I have no idea how it happend, but I've setup a "safety" precaution that will periodically check to see if the clock has encountered any errors, and then it will fix the problems. Basically it's like a mini A.I. able to diagnose and solve problems, it will also fix any issues with the caterpillar system and a few other things.

Also, is the ATM in west city supposed to be walkable? It's pretty weird.
Easy fix, to a stupid mistake. I forgot that the guy who is sometimes at the ATM isn't always at the ATM. So basically you weren't supposed to be able to walk there, but I've now fixed it so it's actually a functioning machine.

I liked the moving of the basic attacks to the Ki menu, but now the basic menu only contains the power up option. Is it the only option that will ever appear in the basic menu? If so you can just call it "Power up" instead of making another menu.
Solved. I was originally too overwhelmed to fix this, but that was actually the idea-- to make a separate command. I had to go back and change this in EVERY monster event though, so it took some time.

When I go to a Nimbus point and say No to the question if I want to ride the Nimbus, the message window stays on the screen with no text. It disappears when I say yes to the question, by entering a battle, or by leaving the map.
Fixed. I overlooked that, no excuse this time :p.

I liked the Treasure chest menu, the new battle menu, the Release gauge, and the new buildings in West City and of-course the scouter-shaped message window. I also liked the clouds in the world map, though some of them don't move, and some appear on the DB-Radar even when the radar is not pointed on them, they appear on the black areas.
Glad you liked everything! I've also fixed the clouds, to not show up on the dbradar. I've not fixed the issue with the "stationary" clouds, but I most likely won't be fixing this until the next version of the game-- since I plan to completely redo the clouds system. So this will have to do for now.

Can't Goku lay a punch when I can Release? Sometimes punch is the best option and I cannot perform that.
I realize this is an issue, but it will take a lot effort to fix it. I already have so many commands, so I'm planning on trimming down the commands list in the next version by making the "block" and "power up" command the same, so it does both. Then I will be fixing this, and also I plan to make the kick command more useful. As well as allowing for an "escape" command!

Final Note: Make sure to SAVE your game after loading it, this will update the save file to match the latest version of the game. Any and all problems you experienced should then be solved. Since the game has a save file updater built into it.

MakoInfused":hhvyc7fp said:
Haha, yeah somehow you managed to get the clock to not update after going over the first day, and then it basically just spilled over onto the next day. I have no idea how it happend, but I've setup a "safety" precaution that will periodically check to see if the clock has encountered any errors, and then it will fix the problems.
Yea, I am talented at breaking games LOL.
Aha! So it was 1:00 A.M.! LOL That explains so much, is the hotel the only way to speed up time? I am too used to saving = 6 hours or so, I guess I will have to just wait.
A few notes:
When you leave the DB Radar, even when it's night, the map will be bright.
On a battle when I get hit, the numbers are green, which usually mean gaining health, not losing, it's a bit confusing, at least for me...
I liked the Power button, but sometimes when I power Picollo up his animation disappears for a second and than reappear in its usual spot, a bit weird but probably my computer is messed up... In their normal forms they are fine, but when they power up they suddenly go a few steps back... Intentional?
Shit... In the native forest, on the map where you met the indian father (whose name I've forgotton), near the locked house, there is a wolf bandit whose battle sequence is broken, meaning as soon as he approaches you, the screen will become black with no battle starting. I can still hear the map and hear myself move but it's just not the same :( I guess that happened when you went through the battles? Sorry for making you do that by the way but I hope it's the only bugged enemy.
Also, I can't seem to find the missing dragon balls, I guess I am just too stupid or lazy. I haven't played this game for a long time and I can't remember where I got my dragon balls. The one in the native forest, I may have gotten it and may have not, I am not sure. Was it guarded by a wolf bandit? That may have been a chest... The game still suggests the dragon ball is there but I just can't find it...

Ok Well I've released a fixed for most of the things you mentioned with the version entitled 3.0c. However, I'll discuss what I couldn't and didn't fix just yet. Also, you might want to start PMing me with these little things, we don't want to flood the thread lol.

remoba":jxhp3fa2 said:
On a battle when I get hit, the numbers are green, which usually mean gaining health, not losing, it's a bit confusing, at least for me...
Yeah, that's something that I can't fix...it started happening after I setup the different battle system graphics. I'll attempt to fix it, but it won't be until the next major release.

I liked the Power button, but sometimes when I power Picollo up his animation disappears for a second and than reappear in its usual spot, a bit weird but probably my computer is messed up... In their normal forms they are fine, but when they power up they suddenly go a few steps back... Intentional?
The powered up moving a few steps back isn't intentional, more like it's a small issues that I didn't have time to fix just yet. The disappearing is due to some lag, but I'll have that fixed in the next major release as well as the placement of the animations.

Also, I can't seem to find the missing dragon balls, I guess I am just too stupid or lazy. I haven't played this game for a long time and I can't remember where I got my dragon balls. The one in the native forest, I may have gotten it and may have not, I am not sure. Was it guarded by a wolf bandit? That may have been a chest... The game still suggests the dragon ball is there but I just can't find it...

Lol, well I can help you out there for now by sending you a PM.

I'll also be sure to provide easier hints, but this will have to be in a later version.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.