Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content DBZ - RP V3.0 Complete Pt.1.

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Dragon Ball Z - Raging Pride
By MakoInfused & Sh3ikha
http://www.cetrastudios.com

Original Release: 01/11/10

DBZ-RP-PromoTitle.jpg

Introduction

This game is an attempt to make a really good DBZ game that stays true to the series, and to actually make a successful RPG out of it, since there aren't many out there! Mostly you just see action based DBZ games, but this game features an actual DBZ RPG experience. Essentially this means that if you like Dragonball Z OR (NOT AND) RPG's, then you should give this a try. This is not just another fan game, it has a lot of work put into it.

This project is an attempt to combine the best of DBZ and Final Fantasy into one game!

Key Demo Features

01. While this is an RM2k3 game, it features animated battlers for both enemies, and player controlled characters.

02. Custom animated Battle Victory screen.

03. Several Long Minigames (7 in total).

04. A detailed, but not overly involved storyline.

05. 10 Side Quests.

06. 100+ secrets available throughtout the demo!

07. Custom Menus/Systems for many different parts of the game.

08. Nintendo DS style graphics (Both ripped AND custom ones made specifically for this game!).

09. Audio files include voices, and music actually from DBZ!

10. A New Game + Feature.

11. THe demo is playable anywhere from 3 hours minimum to 10 hours +, if everything is played thoroughly.

Screenshots

01. "The start point at the beginning of the game."
DBZ-RP-Promo1-1.jpg

02. "Pictures used for cinematic sequences."
DBZ-RP-Promo2.jpg

03. "The tournament arena, before all of the fans arrive!"
DBZ-RP-Promo3.jpg

04. "The training area, where you can participate in several minigames or spar with friends to get stronger."
DBZ-RP-Promo4.jpg

05. "The Ki Blast Dodging minigame, which gives out special prizes each time you play."
DBZ-RP-Promo5.jpg

06. "A part of the 23rd Martial Arts Tournament! With some subtle humor :)."
DBZ-RP-Promo6.jpg

07. "One of our characters gets kicked in the...well...somewhere not nice."
DBZ-RP-Promo7.jpg

08. "A picture of the "Cinematics" at work."
DBZ-RP-Promo8.jpg

09. "The start to a Boss Battle!"
DBZ-RP-Promo9.jpg

10. "When you're done taking someone's meanspirited banter, you can always blast 'em in the face."
DBZ-RP-Promo10.jpg

11. "More cinematics."
DBZ-RP-Promo11.jpg

12. "In-battle Transformations are always good."
DBZ-RP-Promo12.jpg

13. "It's always easy, until they start hitting you back."
DBZ-RP-Promo13.jpg

14. "The Victory Screen -- in action."
DBZ-RP-Promo14.jpg

Screenshot Updates (Version 3.00 & above)

15. "The start point at the beginning of the game."
DBZ-RP-Promo1-2.jpg

16. "The Animated "Release" Gauge; A battle against custom created enemies."
DBZ-RP-Promo6-1.jpg

17. "Raditz is taking Gohan! *gasp*"
DBZ-RP-Promo24.jpg

Information

Playable Characters
Base Stats:

Face1.png

HP: 75 KI: 20
LV: 3 Powerlevel: 164
Speed : 8
Energy: 10
Race: Human(Saiyan)

Skills:
Power Up
Defender of Earth
Shockwave
Ki Blast
Triple Blast
Solar Flare
Kamehameha

Bio: A young man on the verge of stardom in his martial arts career. As a boy he trained to one day become the greatest fighter of all men. As an adult his goals are no different, however as time passes his adversaries seem to get more serious about their desire to kill him. Despite all of the obstacles at face him Goku's resolve remains as firm as ever. Now he's decided to enter the World's Martial Arts Tournament -- in a winner take all fighting competetition.

Face2.png

HP: 105 KI: 70
LV: 5 Powerlevel: 320
Speed : 15
Energy: 25

Race: Demon(Namekian)

Skills:
Power Up
Sense
Regeneration
Split Form X2
Shockwave
Ki Blast
Triple Blast
Laser Eye
Super Namek Rage
Destructive Wave
Power Crushing Attack

Bio: A strong and silent fighter who only speaks when he wishes to insult his foes. His past is somewhat mysterious, what is known is that he is the reincarnation of Goku's former Arch-Rival King Piccolo. Like he did before he seeks to destroy Goku and his friends. He too has entered the tournament, and hopes to carry out his plans so that he may dominate the world after his hostile take-over.

Face3.png

HP: 24 KI: 3
LV: 2 Powerlevel: 10
Speed : 2
Energy: 3

Race: Half-Saiyan

Skills:
Power Up
Sense
Shield
Headstrong

Bio: Son of Goku, while he may seem like a cry-baby this boy holds great potential. Appearing as a sensitive, mama's boy has it's advantageous, no one ever expects him to be a competent fighter! A curious young boy, with a caring heart that seeks to play whenever his mom isn't around, but is far too scared to do much without some encouragement.

The World Martial Arts Tournament has just started, so Goku and company have decided to finish up their rigorous training and seek to show off their newfound powers. All the while an ominous foe seeks to take out his most fearesome opponents by entering the tournament and killing "all the birds" with one stone. After which his plans for world domination can come into fruition. Quickly Goku finds out about this, and is determined to stop the bloodshed, but not without spilling some of his own in the process. Goku realizes that life is full of sacrifices; but he also knows that the greater your power-- the less sacrifices you have to make, and he intends to prove this to everyone.

For More Info Go Here:
http://www.cetrastudios.com/cetrastudio ... jects.html

Promo Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDceqC2IyJE

Download
http://www.cetrastudios.com/cetrastudios-new-projects.html

Known Issues

01. Although there shouldn't be anymore; there might be some minor spellling and grammar issues/mistakes.

Disclaimer

Disclaimer: Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, and all related characters, images and logos are registered trademarks of Toei Animation and FUNimation in the United States and other countries. This game is made by fans, and is not meant to infringe on any copyright. The game is also strictly non-profit and is intended only to spread the popularity of the aforementioned series.

udivision":b3zsyc61 said:
How did you do animated enemies?

THAT my friend, was a huge pain in the @$$. I was thinking about making a detailed tutorial eventually, if you're company is interested I'll definitely keep you posted. It really involves a lot of different things, but it can summarized by using battle events, battle animations with the current background in them, and you have to disable the "row" command from doing anything, since everything must be in very specific places. Most of all, this takes A LOT of patience. By the way: All of these things can in fact be done in RPG Maker, without any custom patches or anything of that nature.

PS: I love your Super Mario game! If you guys are interested, I would like to add a link to your website from mine, and of course I would expect the same in return-- let me know.

││█║▌│║▌║ ▌│║▌║ ▌││":3dso5k8i said:
i've never really been one for the dbz series, but that won't stop me trying this out. this looks pretty damn cool.

That works out perfectly because I made this game considering both people who are a fans of dbz, and those that are not. So I'm glad to hear that.

In addition: I'll be posting more screenshots of the custom systems in the game soon to hopefully show more of what the game entails. To be honest the screenshots don't do all of the different custom things we have justice.

││█║▌│║▌║ ▌│║▌║ ▌││":1ffmvx3v said:
k so i haven't finished it yet, but i thought i'd say my thoughts on this so far.

well, it's amazing, it really is. i pretty much like everything i have seen so far and everything has been well executed. from the title onwards everything was nice, the audio, sound effects, dialog, cutscenes, all fit the game very well and nothing seems out of place, at least to me. you're definitely right, though, the screenshots don't do everything the justice that it deserves. i hope other people play this and agree because this is a really good game.

like i said earlier i'm not really a fan of dbz but it looked cool so i thought i'd play it and i am glad i did.

Excellent, I'm really glad to hear that you're enjoying the game-- that's the whole point! Thank you for your kind words as well, although I'm not sure we deserve all of it. Anyways, definitely continue the game it gets a whole lot better as it goes on, I put a lot of work into the battle system and all of the different side quests and treasures that you can acquire. There is a lot of different ways to build powerful characters, with different equipment, skills, and strategy combinations you can use. It really all depends on how you want to play it.

As always, I appreciate any comments and I can't wait to hear what you think of the rest of the game! Good luck because it can be challenging!

Haven't played the whole thing yet, but so far this is really good!
There are still some typos/awkward text, but that's only to be expected.
You've done a good job of keeping the DBZ folks in character and the art is all quite good (including sprites and face sets).
Most importantly, it's fun to play - Please keep it up!

Well, I can't really get to play because I can't fight. On the fight with Chi-Chi i almost died and now I am on my second fight, trying to defeat Tien. This is quiet impossible because he knocks me out on the first attack. I get the "you are a shame to all warriors" message and than continue. I see Goku takes of his clothes and than fights again "stronger", I still get knocked out on the first attack or the second.
Until now I liked the game (maybe a little too much talking). With ignoring the bugs (some of them are game killers) it's a nice looking game and I wish I could get to really play it out.

remoba":24dbrx7j said:
Well, I can't really get to play because I can't fight. On the fight with Chi-Chi i almost died and now I am on my second fight, trying to defeat Tien. This is quiet impossible because he knocks me out on the first attack. I get the "you are a shame to all warriors" message and than continue. I see Goku takes of his clothes and than fights again "stronger", I still get knocked out on the first attack or the second.
Until now I liked the game (maybe a little too much talking). With ignoring the bugs (some of them are game killers) it's a nice looking game and I wish I could get to really play it out.

I see...I really don't know how you got into that situation. I mean food is cheap and you start off with an ample amount of money, and also Chi-Chi's attack pattern is very simple...and should not be able to "almost kill" you. Basically she attacks for the first 4 turns with an attack that deals 4-6 damage, and then for the rest of the battle hits for 1 damage. As for Tien, well this battle is meant to be slightly hard, and the first fight with him is exceptionally hard to beat. However the second battle...he shouldn't be able to take you out in 1 or 2 hits...I don't understand how that happened, since he doesn't use any techniques that cause massive damage. Also make sure to heal between battles (HP and KI).

The dialogue is plentiful that's true, but I rather like it that way. The bugs...? I didn't realize there was any game breaking bugs, you might want to make a detailed list of this as this is the first time I'm hearing of it. Unless your referring to your predicament as a "bug", in this case-- every players experience will vary, therefore it can't be considered a bug.

My suggestion is that you take the time to learn more about the mechanics of the game, try the battle again and use the tips I gave you. However, if this doesn't work-- or you don't feel like it doing it, there is another option. Alternatively you can just send me your save file and I would be glad to "fix" it for you so that your experience is more enjoyable by adding the necessary items required to complete this portion of the game. The game isn't meant to give headaches, just to provide a challenging RPG experience. So definitely feel free to send me the save file if you truly wish to continue playing, I would be glad to help :D.

Thanks for your interest in the game.
~MakoInfused

Ok, thanks for the tips. Once I understood how to fight it was pretty easy. A shop? I don't think I have seen one before the defeat of Junior Picollo...
When I said there was a lot of dialogue I meant that some of the text is really slow. Sometimes it's to create a dramatic moment and that's fine but sometimes it just is freaking slow without a particular reason.

Often when I attack with someone, and there is someone else waiting, the turn doesn't occur and is wasted.
I don't really care because I really liked the battle system.

When losing a battle, it's very frustrating because I have to see a whole dialouge all over again... I know dying has a price but maybe put a save option after a long talk right before the fight?

When using the Dragon ball Radar, even after the ball was taken, the radar keeps saying there is a ball over there...

Did by Saiman you meant Saibaman? The Saibamen came with Nappa and Vegeta so I am not sure if Raditz released them on Earth too... I can't see any other explanation as to how they are in the forest...

As for the game killers, on my first try of this game I started off, traveled through the city and than went to the dressing room. I changed my clothes and than when I exited I met Master Rushi. He talked to me and than I took one step and understood I was standing on Krillin. I tried everything but I could not continue. After that I decided to start again and than went directly to the dressing room. Krillin was standing outside of the room this time so the weird bug disappeared.
Another one that killed about 5 minutes (not so bad LOL), was at the long talk. I was standing with a lot of people when the judges divided us to groups. Afterwords, the preliminaries were done so I was outside, I tried going back in and talked to some guys, when I tried to get out Goku said the preliminaries were about to begin (the same sentence as if I was trying to exit during the long conversation), I could not get out and had to reload and go through the long conversation again.

When I try to use "Baba's Old Brew" the game crashes with a "The file misc1 cannot be opened" error.

I got to the Nimbus station that goes between Volcano Islands, South City, Tournament Area and Mountains.
I took it to the tournament area and couldn't find the area, did I miss it or something? All I found there was a Dragon Ball.

By the way, the Nimbus took me to Kami's Lookout, yet I recall he can't be reached with the Nimbus. It was said that the Nimbus is a cloud and Kami's Lookout is above the clouds and as far as the Nimbus can reach is Korin's Tower.

Was Brolly for real? He crushed me with one hit doing 999 damage to everyone, I guess he was meant for the more advanced parts of the game? Because the Legendary Super Sayian against a level 7 team is kind of evil.

I tried helping the man with the cat. After taking the cat, you can't go to the north map and the south one. The problem is even after the quest is over you can still take the cat again. If you do it this time, the guy disappears and you can't finish the quest anymore, so you can't ever again go to those two maps.

After "randomly" encountering a transfiguration monster my random battles every now and than ARE transformers. They are pretty challenging, but it's the annoying girl that comes with them that is annoying. She has inifite potions and brews and she keeps healing everyone who is slightly less than healthy. I have to attack really quick to defeat her, and it's pretty annoying.

And what happened to the old fashioned "run away" button? I thought I read somewhere I could do it but I don't seem to find it. Sometimes people just don't want to fight. The potion that repels them is helpful, yet it costs some Zennie and only lasts for a few steps.

After some playing time, the game usually crushes with different errors, one being something with http://www.cetrastudios.com, although I think it is just my computer. I don't really care so much because I save often.

Too bad a few times the game crushed right after I got up two levels and got 2 dragon balls... is there a save in Baba's main shop? too bad I was there on the "night" cause I couldn't save and had to do it all over again...

That's pretty much it, I think this is a really awesome game, I have always been a fan of DBZ and there aren't too many games that do it justice.

P.S.
Sorry for making you read all of that.

remoba":1n160ipm said:
Ok, thanks for the tips. Once I understood how to fight it was pretty easy. A shop? I don't think I have seen one before the defeat of Junior Picollo...
You're most welcome for the tips :D. There is definitely a shop before the fight with Piccolo. All you have to do is go to the "food court" area, which is located next to the bedrooms. There you can either receive free food, or buy items. Try it out sometime, it certainly helps!

When I said there was a lot of dialogue I meant that some of the text is really slow. Sometimes it's to create a dramatic moment and that's fine but sometimes it just is freaking slow without a particular reason.
Yes, as a temporarily solution try going into the settings menu and setting your text speed to fastest it can possibly be. A lot of people forget to do this and have that problem. As such I've decided that I will just set this to the fastest right from the beginning of the game and people can lower it if they choose to.

Often when I attack with someone, and there is someone else waiting, the turn doesn't occur and is wasted.
I don't really care because I really liked the battle system.
I see...yeah I noticed that problem too but it rarely happend for me. Although there is simple, yet effectice, fix for this; you simply set the ATB setting in your menu to "ATB Wait". This is more or less a problem with the way RPG Maker handles turns, and unfortunately this is one of the side effects. I have put this in the FAQ that comes with the game.

When losing a battle, it's very frustrating because I have to see a whole dialouge all over again... I know dying has a price but maybe put a save option after a long talk right before the fight?
Maybe, a good idea for a future version or the next part. However, for now I might just speed up the dialogue as mentioned above.

When using the Dragon ball Radar, even after the ball was taken, the radar keeps saying there is a ball over there...
Bug: It is now fixed. No explanation required...a slip up that I fixed in one version but not the one I released.

Did by Saiman you meant Saibaman? The Saibamen came with Nappa and Vegeta so I am not sure if Raditz released them on Earth too... I can't see any other explanation as to how they are in the forest...
No, I didn't -- basically this was just a way to create more enemies. I felt the game was lacking diversity for the enemies. A lot of the DBZ games incorporate enemies named Saiman and Jr. Saiman as weaker versions of the Saibaiman. Since fighting dogs and stuff doesn't really make sense at this point (the characters SHOULD be too powerful), I figured to make use of these non-canon "Saiman". IF you really want it to make sense, they could be some sort of science experiments much like the "Biomen" found in the movie "DBZ - The World's Strongest".

As for the game killers, on my first try of this game I started off, traveled through the city and than went to the dressing room. I changed my clothes and than when I exited I met Master Rushi. He talked to me and than I took one step and understood I was standing on Krillin. I tried everything but I could not continue. After that I decided to start again and than went directly to the dressing room. Krillin was standing outside of the room this time so the weird bug disappeared.
Bug: I see what the problem was...there was 2 "autorun" events conflicting. Anyways, problem solved-- this would only occur if you ran out of time though. On a side note, I managed to find another small bug that could be a problem when starting a New Game + that was related to this same event.

Another one that killed about 5 minutes (not so bad LOL), was at the long talk. I was standing with a lot of people when the judges divided us to groups. Afterwords, the preliminaries were done so I was outside, I tried going back in and talked to some guys, when I tried to get out Goku said the preliminaries were about to begin (the same sentence as if I was trying to exit during the long conversation), I could not get out and had to reload and go through the long conversation again.
Bug: Problem fixed, whoops! Explanation: I'm dumb-- that is all.

When I try to use "Baba's Old Brew" the game crashes with a "The file misc1 cannot be opened" error.
Bug: One of the files was missing that is used sometimes by that ability, however the effect of that item is random so it was actually safe to use 1/6th (6 different effects) of the time. Anyways, the bug is now fixed.

I got to the Nimbus station that goes between Volcano Islands, South City, Tournament Area and Mountains.
I took it to the tournament area and couldn't find the area, did I miss it or something? All I found there was a Dragon Ball.
No, the arena was destroyed by Piccolo, therefore it's no longer seen. However, I added some rubble and a dialogue of Goku explaining why it's missing just for you :).

By the way, the Nimbus took me to Kami's Lookout, yet I recall he can't be reached with the Nimbus. It was said that the Nimbus is a cloud and Kami's Lookout is above the clouds and as far as the Nimbus can reach is Korin's Tower.
Yeah...that was pure lazyiness on my part, I was originally going to have a small cinematic sequence to show him jump off and climb up the rest of the way. However, I decided against it to save time, and also because I felt it would be too annoying for the players to have to watch that everytime.

Was Brolly for real? He crushed me with one hit doing 999 damage to everyone, I guess he was meant for the more advanced parts of the game? Because the Legendary Super Sayian against a level 7 team is kind of evil.
Yep...he's for real. He CAN be beaten, however it's difficult. My friends asked me the same thing after playing the game, and I had to prove to them with my save file that it was indeed possible. Maybe I'll make a video for you if you need proof :p. However, you would need to use the New Game + feature provided by the collecting the Dragon balls, and then play the game a second time. By then you should be around level 12-15 and if you discover enough secrets you should be able to beat him. He was placed in for only the most dedicated of players, and so far aside from myself no one has defeated him. I know know 5 people who have tried though, 4 of my friends and you (not including me). He is meant to be the "Omega Weapon" of the game, if you're familiar with Final Fantasy.

I tried helping the man with the cat. After taking the cat, you can't go to the north map and the south one. The problem is even after the quest is over you can still take the cat again. If you do it this time, the guy disappears and you can't finish the quest anymore, so you can't ever again go to those two maps.
Bug: Nice catch...we originally tested that quest and didn't come up with that problem. It's now fixed!

After "randomly" encountering a transfiguration monster my random battles every now and than ARE transformers. They are pretty challenging, but it's the annoying girl that comes with them that is annoying. She has inifite potions and brews and she keeps healing everyone who is slightly less than healthy. I have to attack really quick to defeat her, and it's pretty annoying.
That's a bug, and is now fixed! Explanation: Those monsters are supposed to ONLY be available for the area around Grandpa Gohan's Mountain.

And what happened to the old fashioned "run away" button? I thought I read somewhere I could do it but I don't seem to find it. Sometimes people just don't want to fight. The potion that repels them is helpful, yet it costs some Zennie and only lasts for a few steps.
I suppose you're right, what I'm going to do is make it so that the repel potion lasts more steps the higher your level is. However, there is an item available in West City that you can purchase which prevents ALL random battles from ocurring when you have it equipped. It's somewhat pricy though: 40,000 zenie. However, if you still feel this isn't enough let me know, and I might consider adding a run command.

After some playing time, the game usually crushes with different errors, one being something with http://www.cetrastudios.com, although I think it is just my computer. I don't really care so much because I save often.
I have no idea what that could be... I've played the game for several hours at one time and not had that problem, maybe if you give me the exact message; I might be able to help. Or if you really want to help let me know and I'll give you some instructions of what we can go about it.

Too bad a few times the game crushed right after I got up two levels and got 2 dragon balls... is there a save in Baba's main shop? too bad I was there on the "night" cause I couldn't save and had to do it all over again...
Oh...yeah there is...I'm really sorry to here that. I had to fix that, I didn't even originally think of that being a problem! You can now buy saves for the world map, they can be purchased at a few different shops.

That's pretty much it, I think this is a really awesome game, I have always been a fan of DBZ and there aren't too many games that do it justice.
Thank you very much, I would like to make you an official beta tester for this, and future games the company is involved in-- if you're interested. You were pretty thorough and I like that. Tell me what you think.

P.S.
Sorry for making you read all of that.

Sir, you needn't apologize-- in fact, you're a life saver. I wish others would look that closely at the game. I really really appreciate your involvement. I'm just sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I had to fix all of those problems...and I have a lot of custom systems so it involves a lot of reading through designs that I don't remember even remember creating! Lol. Most of the time I have to relearn how I created something in the first place before I can fix it.

I'll be reuploading the fixed version tomorrow (4/17/10). I'm redoing some of the settings menu to make it easier to use, and finishing up some loose ends.

Thanks for the help
~MakoInfused

MakoInfused":1hyeqagx said:
You're most welcome for the tips :D. There is definitely a shop before the fight with Piccolo. All you have to do is go to the "food court" area, which is located next to the bedrooms. There you can either receive free food, or buy items. Try it out sometime, it certainly helps!

Lol I probably missed that, stupid me.

Yes, as a temporarily solution try going into the settings menu and setting your text speed to fastest it can possibly be. A lot of people forget to do this and have that problem. As such I've decided that I will just set this to the fastest right from the beginning of the game and people can lower it if they choose to.

Well I will change the settings, thanks.

I see...yeah I noticed that problem too but it rarely happend for me. Although there is simple, yet effectice, fix for this; you simply set the ATB setting in your menu to "ATB Wait". This is more or less a problem with the way RPG Maker handles turns, and unfortunately this is one of the side effects. I have put this in the FAQ that comes with the game.

Lol I wasn't sure what the ATB was for, thanks. Although it is always on Wait and when an Enraged Picollo's turn is coming I must think really quickly with Goku.

No, I didn't -- basically this was just a way to create more enemies. I felt the game was lacking diversity for the enemies. A lot of the DBZ games incorporate enemies named Saiman and Jr. Saiman as weaker versions of the Saibaiman. Since fighting dogs and stuff doesn't really make sense at this point (the characters SHOULD be too powerful), I figured to make use of these non-canon "Saiman". IF you really want it to make sense, they could be some sort of science experiments much like the "Biomen" found in the movie "DBZ - The World's Strongest".

Well ok, I actually did think it was a good idea putting different enemies, I was just looking for the explanation.

Bug: I see what the problem was...there was 2 "autorun" events conflicting. Anyways, problem solved-- this would only occur if you ran out of time though. On a side note, I managed to find another small bug that could be a problem when starting a New Game + that was related to this same event.

Lol when I don't actually see the timer, I usually go everywhere and talk to everyone because I don't want to miss anything, so I guess I was out of time... And there is a New Game +? After seeing Vegeta get out of his spaceship and after I was sent to the menu, I guess I just didn't see it... I suppose it's the same game with harder enemies and you get to keep you level and items? Well I guess I will beat Raditz again, but I don't really care because I really liked the fight with him and I want to see it again.

No, the arena was destroyed by Piccolo, therefore it's no longer seen. However, I added some rubble and a dialogue of Goku explaining why it's missing just for you :).

Well I guess I should have thought of that, and yea the dialogue will be quite helpful.

Yeah...that was pure lazyiness on my part, I was originally going to have a small cinematic sequence to show him jump off and climb up the rest of the way. However, I decided against it to save time, and also because I felt it would be too annoying for the players to have to watch that every time.

Yea, you are probably right, I don't really care about the Nimbus taking you up there, I just wanted to test my Dragon Ball knowledge, since I haven't watched it for years.

Yep...he's for real. He CAN be beaten, however it's difficult. My friends asked me the same thing after playing the game, and I had to prove to them with my save file that it was indeed possible. Maybe I'll make a video for you if you need proof :p. However, you would need to use the New Game + feature provided by the collecting the Dragon balls, and then play the game a second time. By then you should be around level 12-15 and if you discover enough secrets you should be able to beat him. He was placed in for only the most dedicated of players, and so far aside from myself no one has defeated him. I know know 5 people who have tried though, 4 of my friends and you (not including me). He is meant to be the "Omega Weapon" of the game, if you're familiar with Final Fantasy.

Well yea, I am quite familiar with Final Fantasy, and after hearing he is beatable AND there is a New Game+, I am aiming to beat the heck out of him.

That's a bug, and is now fixed! Explanation: Those monsters are supposed to ONLY be available for the area around Grandpa Gohan's Mountain.

Well I am glad to hear about that, those monsters weren't TOO strong, yet they were quite annoying, without them I will be able to explore more before dying. Although they did drop a lot of exp... If they will still be around Gohan's house I will probably hang around there for training.
Oh and one of them has an attack that drops a power level, does it actually drop the LVL of a character? Or the exp? It usually misses or drop it by 0, one time it was 1, I don't really know what it does cause I died that time, I just hope it only means the battle status or something and not permanent.

I suppose you're right, what I'm going to do is make it so that the repel potion lasts more steps the higher your level is. However, there is an item available in West City that you can purchase which prevents ALL random battles from ocurring when you have it equipped. It's somewhat pricy though: 40,000 zenie. However, if you still feel this isn't enough let me know, and I might consider adding a run command.

Well I do think that the monsters on the map are fine without a run away option, yet the random encounters are pretty annoying. But if there is an item that can repel all of those, I will run out and but it.

I have no idea what that could be... I've played the game for several hours at one time and not had that problem, maybe if you give me the exact message; I might be able to help. Or if you really want to help let me know and I'll give you some instructions of what we can go about it.

As I said before, I do believe it's only my computer that does it, it's actually a different error every time, and I think I can live with those crashes if I had saves more often, because making a long trip towards Baba's main shop, hoping I could save in a moment, and find out it is closed... Well it's annoying. Every time I try going through the "weird" forest next to the Native Village I go up a few levels and than crash... Is there something interesting at the end of it? Is there even an end?

Oh...yeah there is...I'm really sorry to here that. I had to fix that, I didn't even originally think of that being a problem! You can now buy saves for the world map, they can be purchased at a few different shops.

You can? Well that's a nice idea, forget what I said about adding saves more often :).

Thank you very much, I would like to make you an official beta tester for this, and future games the company is involved in-- if you're interested. You were pretty thorough and I like that. Tell me what you think.

Gladly.

Thanks for all of your help on this glad to hear about all the things I missed... I can still play my saves on a re-uploaded version right?

An enemy just escaped from me, am I suppose to still get the exp? I guess it make sense, but in every other game this means no exp for the hero...

By the way I find it pretty amusing that a Powered Ki Punch that costs 2 Ki does 30 damage, while a Kamehameha that costs 20 Ki does 42 damage.

It think something is messed up with Day 2 times because even when I am on 14:00 P.M. (Which means 2 p.m.) the shop won't open for me...
76712152.jpg

The same goes for every shop.
In the Native Village on from night one to the rest of the game there aren't any villagers any more. That's too bad cause I met Bora on day 2 so I can't talk to him in the village because he isn't there...
Did I misunderstand it? Because on the first day everything was open. And by the way, is there a way to speed up time? Oh and does Yamcha come home on certain hours? Because sometimes his house is locked, and that's too bad because his save point is sometimes a lifesaver for me.

I like how you mapped West City, it has a lot of building, houses and shops but almost no people outside of those. The city looks like a ghost town sometimes... More people outside are recommended, or do they come out at certain hours? I don't know...

I was traveling when I encountered a Silencer and a Zetsumi. After a while I got rid of Zetsumi which turned to be Transfigurator. Before I killed him he used his "Death" and killed my full HP and Ki Goku. I split formed my Picollo and after a hell long of battle killed the silencer. I was expecting to get a lot of exp but all I got was the Game Over screen which doesn't make sense :(. If Goku's death is forbidden, put a game over screen immediately, not when the battle is over... And does that go for Picollo as well?
BTW what is the ??? tiny forest? I was traveling on the world map and went in by mistake (it doesn't look like there is a map there...). Is there something planned there?

And again, sorry for making you read a lot... Some people just hate me for writing a lot.

P.S.
Another small bug, in the Nimbus station outside of Brolly's cave, if you try the Nimbus and than cancel, you are sent a square back. It's fine if go from the right, yet if you go from down left or up, Goku will be sent IN a tree and will than be frozen.

Not a problem, I don't mind reading everything. However I'm going to fix a few more things (the ones you mentioned here today), so if you don't mind to wait another day I'll reupload the game tomorrow with all of the fixes. I will also explain everything in detail and get back to every question/ comment, sorry to make you wait :).

LOL Ok I don't mind waiting.

Will Goku ALWAYS say I have 1 day for training? Cause he does... Or that's part of the story? I don't remember that certain episode.

Do I really need the Werewolf Fang? If not I could easily sell that and gain a tremendous amount that will allow me to buy that non-random fights item (when I actually get to shop...).

Baba's main shop is closed for me because of the time bug (or, once again I am stupid), do I miss a lot? And where is that Ki blasts dodging and that friendly training?

One last thing, after Raditz has been defeated, is there supposed to be a black screen til the end? Cause it's looks kinda weird to see emotion windows on a black screen. And I failed to understand how to start a New Game +. I guess I need all of the Dragon Balls? All I am missing is numbers 3, 5 and of-course the one Gohan has, can you please tell me where each of them is? I forgot where I already have been and the game still points out EVERY Dragon Ball so your help will be very welcom. So does finding them all help me in any way?

remoba":sw2uzryv said:
Lol I wasn't sure what the ATB was for, thanks. Although it is always on Wait and when an Enraged Picollo's turn is coming I must think really quickly with Goku.
Then try the other settings, actually I needed to change the writing for that part. I myself couldn't figure out which mode I was actually set on, and which one I was GOING to change it to by pressing the button. Too confusing, so I changed the text for it so you understand which mode you're on right now.

Lol when I don't actually see the timer, I usually go everywhere and talk to everyone because I don't want to miss anything, so I guess I was out of time... And there is a New Game +? After seeing Vegeta get out of his spaceship and after I was sent to the menu, I guess I just didn't see it... I suppose it's the same game with harder enemies and you get to keep you level and items? Well I guess I will beat Raditz again, but I don't really care because I really liked the fight with him and I want to see it again.
Shhhhh, don't spoil everything :p. To start a new game + you must acquire all of the Dragonballs, summon the Dragon, and wish for the New Game +.

Well yea, I am quite familiar with Final Fantasy, and after hearing he is beatable AND there is a New Game+, I am aiming to beat the heck out of him.
He most certainly is :). If you want make a video, I would love to see that :p. I can give you a link to a good desktop recorder that would allow you to do that.

Well I am glad to hear about that, those monsters weren't TOO strong, yet they were quite annoying, without them I will be able to explore more before dying. Although they did drop a lot of exp... If they will still be around Gohan's house I will probably hang around there for training.
Oh and one of them has an attack that drops a power level, does it actually drop the LVL of a character? Or the exp? It usually misses or drop it by 0, one time it was 1, I don't really know what it does cause I died that time, I just hope it only means the battle status or something and not permanent.
The one that has the attack you spoke of does actually drop your actual level! But the only one that has that attack is a miniboss, no random enemies have it.

As I said before, I do believe it's only my computer that does it, it's actually a different error every time, and I think I can live with those crashes if I had saves more often, because making a long trip towards Baba's main shop, hoping I could save in a moment, and find out it is closed... Well it's annoying. Every time I try going through the "weird" forest next to the Native Village I go up a few levels and than crash... Is there something interesting at the end of it? Is there even an end?
There is an end, but I'm not sure why it would be crashing...maybe take a screenshot or tell me the exact error. I'm not really sure why it would crash, I tested it myself just now several times but was unable to get an crash. You must be good at this :p.

Thanks for all of your help on this glad to hear about all the things I missed... I can still play my saves on a re-uploaded version right?
Of course, I actually implented a system for the game that keeps tracks of the different versions of the save file. The system automatically updates your current save file to the new version when you save/load the game, ultimately changing anything necessary and fixing any bugs that might be on your save file. The system is semi-intelligent in that it can figure out basic things such as if your character got stuck while saving/ the caterpillar system isn't working, you have items you shouldn't, etc.

An enemy just escaped from me, am I suppose to still get the exp? I guess it make sense, but in every other game this means no exp for the hero...
Bug: Wow...I totally overlooked that. However, I did fix it now. Basically it works like this: You get a small fraction of powerLevel from that monster that you would normally get. The Zenie it drops is halved. The item it would normally drop you can still get, but the chance that you will get that item is also halved. This way even if they run you, still get some sort of restitution for participating in the battle.

By the way I find it pretty amusing that a Powered Ki Punch that costs 2 Ki does 30 damage, while a Kamehameha that costs 20 Ki does 42 damage.
well that depends your character in the game and your playing style. Normally Goku's KI stat base is pretty low, and it doesn't increase much by leveling up through battles-- so the Kamehameha does poor damage. However, if you equip items that increase his KI, and manage to train it through one of the various training methods this can change. So really it all depends on your playing experience, and a "Kamehameha" from a few different players might range from 40 to as much as 60 damage. There is a possibility for a 50% increase through alternative methods of training.

It think something is messed up with Day 2 times because even when I am on 14:00 P.M. (Which means 2 p.m.) the shop won't open for me...The same goes for every shop.
In the Native Village on from night one to the rest of the game there aren't any villagers any more. That's too bad cause I met Bora on day 2 so I can't talk to him in the village because he isn't there...Did I misunderstand it? Because on the first day everything was open.
Bug: Hmm...yeah, I see the problem. It appears that there is nothing wrong with the time system, or the day, it's actually just the clock showing you the wrong time. It's fixed now I believe, thanks for the screenshot that helped me realize what the problem was!

I hope that was the problem, if not just send me the save file and I'll take a look at it, because if that didn't fix it-- I'm stumped.

HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And by the way, is there a way to speed up time?
Yes, and no. If the hotel is open you can stay the night, the hotel is open from 3 a.m. to 12 at night. So there is only 4 hours of the day that hotel isn't open. The hotel can be found in West City, just check the various places.

Oh and does Yamcha come home on certain hours? Because sometimes his house is locked, and that's too bad because his save point is sometimes a lifesaver for me.
No, he never actually comes back for this game.

I like how you mapped West City, it has a lot of building, houses and shops but almost no people outside of those. The city looks like a ghost town sometimes... More people outside are recommended, or do they come out at certain hours? I don't know...
They came out at certain times. The city is dynamic and a lot of the people will come out for various activities, going to work, shopping, school, etc. This means that they come out at various different times.

I was traveling when I encountered a Silencer and a Zetsumi. After a while I got rid of Zetsumi which turned to be Transfigurator. Before I killed him he used his "Death" and killed my full HP and Ki Goku. I split formed my Picollo and after a hell long of battle killed the silencer. I was expecting to get a lot of exp but all I got was the Game Over screen which doesn't make sense :(. If Goku's death is forbidden, put a game over screen immediately, not when the battle is over... And does that go for Picollo as well?
Well Goku's death is forbidden, as is Piccolo's. However there is an item that can revive them before the battle ends (the Senzu Bean). So you are given a chance to revive that person before the battle ends, if you cannot do so then you will get a game over. This means that if you want to save time and you KNOW you don't have a Senzu, just restart when one of them dies. The ONLY battle that this doesn't apply to is the boss battles such as Raditz, etc. If someone dies in a boss battle, you will automatically get a game over to save yourself some time.

BTW what is the ??? tiny forest? I was traveling on the world map and went in by mistake (it doesn't look like there is a map there...). Is there something planned there?
Well if I told you that would defeat the purpose. All I can say is that there is definitely a purpose for it.

Another small bug, in the Nimbus station outside of Brolly's cave, if you try the Nimbus and than cancel, you are sent a square back. It's fine if go from the right, yet if you go from down left or up, Goku will be sent IN a tree and will than be frozen.
Bug: Fixed. No explanation required, I messed up :).

Will Goku ALWAYS say I have 1 day for training? Cause he does... Or that's part of the story? I don't remember that certain episode.
He will always say that. It is a part of the story, but he never actually says it. This part is emphasized in the game just so people understand how long they have to do whatever they want.

Do I really need the Werewolf Fang? If not I could easily sell that and gain a tremendous amount that will allow me to buy that non-random fights item (when I actually get to shop...).
No, those are purely used as extra cash rewards. They are simply there to be sold, at least for now-- in the next game I plan to make them useful for something else. I can't say what exactly, that would ruin the idea.

Baba's main shop is closed for me because of the time bug (or, once again I am stupid), do I miss a lot?
It should be fixed when you redownload the new version. You don't miss a lot, it's more or less my fault.

Where is that Ki blasts dodging and that friendly training?
This is located in the sparring arena, which is only made available during the tournament-- and after you have changed your clothes. Since this is more of a distraction it's not brought to the player's direct attention. When the loudspeaker says "The training area is available for...blah blah blah" while you're in the changing room, you can then go to the hall that had the two monks blocking the way and go into that area to train. However, I have fixed this part a bit, since you gave me the idea basically. You're now asked if you wish to forgo the training when you try to enter the preliminary house. This should give more players the hint on where to go if they do wish to train, and you can even be directly transported there.

One last thing, after Raditz has been defeated, is there supposed to be a black screen til the end? Cause it's looks kinda weird to see emotion windows on a black screen. And I failed to understand how to start a New Game +. I guess I need all of the Dragon Balls? All I am missing is numbers 3, 5 and of-course the one Gohan has, can you please tell me where each of them is? I forgot where I already have been and the game still points out EVERY Dragon Ball so your help will be very welcom. So does finding them all help me in any way?

Umm...no, but I'm not quite sure what you mean, you're going to have to be more specific as to when exactly this happends. In any case, I did find a small bug relating to the end when I was trying to fix this problem. I just tested it and I didn't get a black screen, there is a small cinematic sequence, then the credits role afterwards.

To start a new game + you must acquire all of the Dragonballs, summon the Dragon, and wish for the New Game +. There are also a few other wishes you can choose, so yes it helps in a lot of different ways depending what you choose. However, for the first time you summon you should definitely choose New Game +. I will be reuploading all of these fixes, and then you'll be able to see which ones you're missing.

And again, sorry for making you read a lot... Some people just hate me for writing a lot.

Not a problem at all :). I just hope we can sort everything out, and I'm sorry the game is giving you so many problems-- I really thought I had everything worked out. But I really appreciate all of your help.

As a side note: I'll be reuploading the a game sometime this week with all of the fixes mentioned here-- plus a few bonus goodies that I'm working on at the moment :). I will post a reply telling you when the game has been reuploaded.

Yay an answer!

MakoInfused":25zfl4f1 said:
Shhhhh, don't spoil everything :p. To start a new game + you must acquire all of the Dragonballs, summon the Dragon, and wish for the New Game +.

Sorry... Okay, than I guess I automatically get Gohan's Dragon Ball when I defeat Raditz? That means I am only missing two Dragon Balls. I still play my first version, so that means my Dragon Ball radar points at all of them, even the at the ones I took, so I don't know where are my missing balls (wow that sounds awful)

He most certainly is :). If you want make a video, I would love to see that :p. I can give you a link to a good desktop recorder that would allow you to do that.

Lol, sure.

The one that has the attack you spoke of does actually drop your actual level! But the only one that has that attack is a miniboss, no random enemies have it.

Is Power Level my actual level or is it exp? And that mini boss appears at random at my bugged version...

There is an end, but I'm not sure why it would be crashing...maybe take a screenshot or tell me the exact error. I'm not really sure why it would crash, I tested it myself just now several times but was unable to get an crash. You must be good at this :p.

After reading the part where you said the was a FAQ for this game, I guessed it was the ReadMe file. I opened it and I saw full screen is bugged. From then I play the game on small screen and the game hasn't crashed yet. I really hope it wouldn't crash again, if it does I will send the error (if it will be in English). And yea I am an expert with crashing things :)

Of course, I actually implented a system for the game that keeps tracks of the different versions of the save file. The system automatically updates your current save file to the new version when you save/load the game, ultimately changing anything necessary and fixing any bugs that might be on your save file. The system is semi-intelligent in that it can figure out basic things such as if your character got stuck while saving/ the caterpillar system isn't working, you have items you shouldn't, etc.

Glad to hear that.

Bug: Wow...I totally overlooked that. However, I did fix it now. Basically it works like this: You get a small fraction of powerLevel from that monster that you would normally get. The Zenie it drops is halved. The item it would normally drop you can still get, but the chance that you will get that item is also halved. This way even if they run you, still get some sort of restitution for participating in the battle.

Lol I guess it makes sense now.

Bug: Hmm...yeah, I see the problem. It appears that there is nothing wrong with the time system, or the day, it's actually just the clock showing you the wrong time. It's fixed now I believe, thanks for the screenshot that helped me realize what the problem was!

I hope that was the problem, if not just send me the save file and I'll take a look at it, because if that didn't fix it-- I'm stumped.

I really hope that's the problem too.

Yes, and no. If the hotel is open you can stay the night, the hotel is open from 3 a.m. to 12 at night. So there is only 4 hours of the day that hotel isn't open. The hotel can be found in West City, just check the various places.

So there is a way? Good to know. Again, I didn't know that because of my messed watch. Everything is locked. The native never come out again, West City is like a ghost city... I will just wait for the unbugged version.

No, he never actually comes back for this game.

What I meant is if his house reopens, and again that bugged watch screwed it for me :(

Well Goku's death is forbidden, as is Piccolo's. However there is an item that can revive them before the battle ends (the Senzu Bean). So you are given a chance to revive that person before the battle ends, if you cannot do so then you will get a game over. This means that if you want to save time and you KNOW you don't have a Senzu, just restart when one of them dies. The ONLY battle that this doesn't apply to is the boss battles such as Raditz, etc. If someone dies in a boss battle, you will automatically get a game over to save yourself some time.

Ok like I thought...

Well if I told you that would defeat the purpose. All I can say is that there is definitely a purpose for it.

Didn't mean to defeat the purpose, sorry.

No, those are purely used as extra cash rewards. They are simply there to be sold, at least for now-- in the next game I plan to make them useful for something else. I can't say what exactly, that would ruin the idea.

Yay, that means I can sell them. You should give it a description that it can be sold for a high price or something because I didn't want to sell them if I needed them sometime.

This is located in the sparring arena, which is only made available during the tournament-- and after you have changed your clothes. Since this is more of a distraction it's not brought to the player's direct attention. When the loudspeaker says "The training area is available for...blah blah blah" while you're in the changing room, you can then go to the hall that had the two monks blocking the way and go into that area to train. However, I have fixed this part a bit, since you gave me the idea basically. You're now asked if you wish to forgo the training when you try to enter the preliminary house. This should give more players the hint on where to go if they do wish to train, and you can even be directly transported there.

Oh snap... I missed that and that's a shame because I really wanted to see that. Maybe if I start a new game + I will be back there? If the training area really trains you, I can train before the fight with Tien? That means I could beat him without bothering you, sorry.

Umm...no, but I'm not quite sure what you mean, you're going to have to be more specific as to when exactly this happends. In any case, I did find a small bug relating to the end when I was trying to fix this problem. I just tested it and I didn't get a black screen, there is a small cinematic sequence, then the credits role afterwards.

Immediately after beating Raditz, the screen goes black. Raditz says that Goku is a fool and bla bla bla and than Picollo say there are the Dragon Balls bla bla bla. Afterwords Bulma make Krillin take the Scouter of Raditz and a sweat sign (over Krillin I suppose) is seen. Than Picollo says bla bla taking Gohan bla bla and the game ends. All of this scene is on black screen. I think it makes sense and that is the purpose, but seeing Krilling sweat on a black screen is weird.

Not a problem at all :). I just hope we can sort everything out, and I'm sorry the game is giving you so many problems-- I really thought I had everything worked out. But I really appreciate all of your help.

As a side note: I'll be reuploading the a game tomorrow with all of the fixes mentioned here-- plus a few bonus goodies that I'm working on at the moment :). I will post a reply telling you when the game has been reuploaded.

Really looking forward to this. I will stay out of DBZ til than because I don't want to find anymore bugs that will delay the re-uploading :).

Great work there. Sorry I can't offer better crits like the folks above, it's late here; but it was fun to play even tho I'd never seen any dragonball. Nice work with the battle animations too.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.