Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Rye.jp's CBS Starter Pack 0.6

someone pointed out this code:
Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# œ ƒŠƒtƒŒƒbƒVƒ…

alias xrxs_bp1_refresh refresh

def refresh

if @update_cp_only == false

xrxs_bp1_refresh

end

for i in 0...$game_party.actors.size

actor = $game_party.actors[i]

actor_x = i * 160 + 4

draw_actor_cp_meter(actor, actor_x, 96, 120, 0)

end

end

which can be found by pressing CTRL+F and searching " œ ƒŠƒtƒŒƒbƒVƒ… "

said editing the 96 and the 120 should move the ATB bars.

So i played around witht he 96 and the 120. It seems the 96 sets the position of ALL FOUR ATB bars moving them either up or down. Higher the number the lower it goes the lower the number the higher it goes. The 120 seems to be the width of the bar, and doesnt affect the position. Higher the number the wider it is the lower the number the slimmer it is. Here is a megaupload link that has both scripts. The one i am currently editting is labeled ATB. The other one with ATB in the name is a bar graphic addon.

ive included the the .dlls to run it, as well as the full RTP Standard has been uploaded into my folders, so it should run fine.

imma see what i can do on my end.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GRZ25YQ1

EDIT:

Code:

# œ ƒŠƒtƒŒƒbƒVƒ…

def refresh

xrxs_bp1_refresh

end

actor_x = i * 160 + 4

draw_actor_cp_meter(actor, actor_x, 96, 120, 0)

end

end

if you look above "draw_actor_cp_meter" there is a 160 + 4. The 160 is where the bar is located on the X Axis. the 96 in "draw_actor_cp_meter(actor, actor_x, 96, 120, 0)" is the positon on the 7 Axis. However. its still moving all four. imma keep playing with it

EDIT2:

So this is what I have so far. The bar position is pretty much perfect except for the fact that all four bars are ontop of each other.

Code:

# œ ƒŠƒtƒŒƒbƒVƒ…

def refresh

xrxs_bp1_refresh

end

actor_x = i * 0 + 4

draw_actor_cp_meter(actor, actor_x, 1, 120, 0)

end

end

Here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k8klhez8pvsstvd

Got a copy few months ago (Good timing haha)

Using it on my current project and slowly discovering new features from it tough it's a little confusing with the non english comments that I am unable to translate :S

By feature I mean you can make custom animations for skills, etc apart of the one given on the script (I made it possible to have a custom move route depending on the id of the skill with some trial and error.)

[Edit]

A small example which is a work in progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OQ-7ySI2WU&feature=g-upl&context=G255b240AUAAAAAAAAAA

I made it so when you use skill 1 you use "Thrust" when you use skill 2 you use "Power Thrust" and I can keep on going if I manage to understand what all the possible options you can put do. (Lines 94-106)

Batman

Sponsor

Alright so I'm not sure if this is considered necroposting but if it is, I'm terribly sorry lmfao. Anyways, does anyone know how to fix the immense lag when showing text during battles? (Cutscenes) I would really like to implement cutscenes into certain battles but unfortunately the lag is too great.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.