Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

WIP - Darksiders II style weapon enchancement (with a twist)

Darksiders II: Weapon UpgradesVersion: Pre-Alpha
By: azrith001(pandorashock)

Introduction

Basically this script will allow the player to use various unwanted or obtained weapons and gear to upgrade armor (using an item to further upgrade another will result in the loss of the sacrificed item.) You may only use weapons to upgrade weapons and armor to upgrade armor, Also the stat increase per level of the upgraded item will be based on The average of the stats from the sacrificed item, IE: you have a sword with

STR: 10
ATK: 15

You upgrade it to lvl 1 with:

Sword:
STR: 5
ATK: 4
Crit: 1%

Spear:
STR: 5
ATK: 1
Crit: 3%

The outcome of the weapon would be

New Weapon:
STR: 10+(5)
ATK: 15+(3)
Crit: 0+2%

Notice how the extra average of the stat was added. Special added effects like Fire Damage and such will be added as well but those will only be accessible if the final item used to upgrade the level of the weapon is an enchanted item (this system will require my enchantment system)

I will also be doing Damage Calc Modifications, and an upgrade to the current enchantment system I have, which will also be made useable in VX, and VXAce.

Features
  • Ability for items to level up (if artifact items IE: only specific items can be leveled)

Screenshots

Not coded yet just wanted to let you know

Demo
N/A

Instructions

The instructions will be in the script and on my blog.

FAQ

None.

Compatibility

RPG Maker XP, VX, VXA, and the RM SDK

Credits and Thanks
Darksiders II for the idea

Author's Notes

I hope to get this done as soon as possible while working on my side projects, and main projects.

Terms and Conditions
Would like to be recognized as a part of your game.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.