Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Wider Message Window

I discovered that when typing messages in the game for events and NPCs, the input window gives space for more characters than the default message window, causing the last few letters in each message to be cut off and not get displayed. When playing around with the scripts. I figured out a very simple solution to this problem- just increase the width of the window.

To use this, just replace the 'def initialize' section of the Window_Message class with this:

Code:
def initialize
   super(70, 304, 500, 160)
   self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
   self.visible = false
   self.z = 9998
   @update_text = true
   @fade_in = false
   @fade_out = false
   @contents_showing = false
   @cursor_width = 0
   self.active = false
   self.index = -1
 end

Because it is so short and simple, I do not require credit or permission for use of this script. It will work with other scripts that enhance the message window.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.