Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

White Wolves' Cloister

White Wolves Discussion

This thread is for White Wolves members to discuss things, and schedule events & meetings with each other.

(If you have any secret things to say that you don't want other clans to know about, meet & talk about them in ally chat in the game!)

Guys, I'm setting up a Guildhall for the White Wolves in Sprocket. If someone wants something in there, speak now or forever hold your peace. It will already have a guild vault, and it will also have shared furnaces, etc, just in case.

So, in response to the purple pigmen looting our starter cache, which Venetia delcared to be unlootable per server rules when Ripsand broke into their base on the first day, I have locked every unprotected Purple Pigman door in Sprocket. I tried to be kind, I tried to be courteous, I tried to ignore the fact that we were supposed to be at war with them. But looting the starter cache, which Ven said even WE weren't allowed to sell, only to use, was going too far. I also turned every purple pigman painting in Sprocket into the White Wolf equivalent.

I will unlock the doors when Venetia either metes out a punishment for breaking the rules she set forward for us, or when she asks me to. I WILL NOT unlock them at the request of a member of the purple pigmen. They can dig holes in their walls to get into their houses, if they need in that badly.

As it stands, I recall Venetia mentioning that the next plotline was supposed to help bring the teams together, so hopefully this can be put behind us, to some extent.

i told glitchfinder to unlock all doors in Sprocket. I pretty clearly said that starter caches were off limits for the 1st few days. (it's been a good while since then!)
but Sprocket is OFF LIMITS to retaliation.
Seriously, NO RETALIATION IN SPROCKET. That is Neutral Ground!!!!!!!!!

but if you're a purple pigman and your door outside of Sprocket is locked by someone that's not you, you should take it as a lesson and lock your doors!

it's /cprivate, /cpassword, or /cpublic.

if you can't destroy a door b/c you didn't lock it and someone else did, let me know, and I'll get to it eventually. (in the meantime, you may have to build around it.)

Fusty

Sponsor

@Glitchfinder:

I like how you are pointing us to a rule that apparently doesn't even apply anymore, while you are telling your team to break the rule of the neutral zone.
I was affraid something like this might happen, which is actually the reason why I usually avoid PvP servers, and was actually not sure if I wanted to join in last night's raid.
People tend to take raids and other PvP activities a tad too serious.
Anyway, the doors seem to be unlocked so I'm all for "putting this behind us", but I really, really hope stuff like this isn't going to happen every time someone steals something from the other team, that would really ruin the fun. :(

(On a side note, I apologize if we DID break any rules, but as far as I can tell, we didin't.)

there was some mistranslation in the rules I laid down in the early days of the server ...

In any case, you're SUPPOSED to be fighting against one another, so this sort of thing is def not frowned upon!

I only ask that you don't grief for the sake of griefing, keep Sprocket neutral at all times, and don't be too unfair. B/c if you're too unfair in how you play advantages, I will have to knock you down a few pegs ... Remember that I am capable of using TNT and can open ANY door or chest ... :)

Also, yes, the fact that the upcoming plot arc will require you to work together for a few weeks ... Should also be a factor in things you do ;o

Fusty":j0ctrmi3 said:
@Glitchfinder:

I like how you are pointing us to a rule that apparently doesn't even apply anymore, while you are telling your team to break the rule of the neutral zone.
I was affraid something like this might happen, which is actually the reason why I usually avoid PvP servers, and was actually not sure if I wanted to join in last night's raid.
People tend to take raids and other PvP activities a tad too serious.
Anyway, the doors seem to be unlocked so I'm all for "putting this behind us", but I really, really hope stuff like this isn't going to happen every time someone steals something from the other team, that would really ruin the fun. :(

(On a side note, I apologize if we DID break any rules, but as far as I can tell, we didin't.)

Let's put it this way. The only reason you guys had ANY starter supplies is because of this rule that "apparently doesn't even apply anymore". As for the doors in Sprocket, those are unlocked, and I'm actually looking into implementing worldguard directly into the wolf plugin to keep them from being hurt in non-PVP zones, which would negate that ability altogether. There's a reason I put in my vote as the server being creative or survival only, and not PVP. And that's because I hate PVP. I hate people having the ability to steal resources, no matter how miniscule the value. As for the post above, that was before I was reminded by Ven that Sprocket IS neutral territory. I'll edit the post to remove the bit about wolves, since that still appears open.

While I've never been a huge PvP fan ... competition breeds resourcefulness & improvement.

You'll be happy to know that the Nether, End, and the coming new world (which will open after the plot ... omg what will it be what will it BEEE), will be 100% PvP free.

I'm really looking forward to opening those up :O

Fusty

Sponsor

Could the one who placed those signs in front of our base please remove the locks from them.
It's cool and all that they've been placed, but I think I speak for all the pigmen when I say we'd like to remove them eventually! xd

Fusty":3p6ls7us said:
Could the one who placed those signs in front of our base please remove the locks from them.
It's cool and all that they've been placed, but I think I speak for all the pigmen when I say we'd like to remove them eventually! xd

I had to get Ven to remove the one placed by Liquid.

Fusty

Sponsor

Ah didin't know people from our team did it too. (Though I don't really see the point of doing the same thing to us afterwards..)
Would it be too much to ask to remove the lock?
It seems a bit silly to have to bother Venetia to remove it when someone in your team can do it as well.

Glitchfinder":jqzivcve said:
Fusty":jqzivcve said:

Sorry, forgot to remove the private setting..
Next message will be removable :)

LiquidMetal91":8nywnbqg said:
Glitchfinder":8nywnbqg said:
Fusty":8nywnbqg said:

Sorry, forgot to remove the private setting..
Next message will be removable :)

As it is, I cannot remove the lock myself, as I didn't place the sign. I suspect it was Ridaes, and I'll ask that he remove it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.