Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

what happened to the Classifieds?

Hey, i think we should bring back the classifieds that were on .net
but instead of having one huge list, have subforums for Artists, Musicians, Mappers, Scriptors, Writers, Misc.
That way people can find people quick.
This would be a compiment to the recruitment topic because, in the recruitment topic game designers are looking for people, but not everyone wants to look through a bunch of posts to see where you are needed. This would make people who want to help easily accessable.
thoughts?

Rain

Sponsor

The Cry of Fallen Angels said:
Or, you can make a topic and let the top post link to every post within the topic. As in editing it evertime someone posts, and putting their names in categories.

That would be a good idea, Making the top poster edit it as more people request help within that topic with what they would like help with and what kind of helper they desire.

So, who's going to start the topic?

If it was something that had to be altered every time anyone posted, then I doubt it would stay running for that long. Perhaps people should ask to be added by PM, I think that would cut down on what might otherwise be a slew of entrants...

Rain

Sponsor

Good Idea, Well I've started a topic on it, if it goes horribly wrong a Mod can take over at any point, and the Idea of applying Via Pm makes more sense,

I apoligies for being impatient and starting anyway :S

EDIT: Well it's done, here is a link Topic

Hope it doesn't get me into trouble :S

I thnk th issue with having ppl listed is tha tyou cant click on ther name and send a PM, but I guess you can look them up in the member list, it owuld also need to be stickied for easy access

-edit-
I checked what you did
It's cool
but the idea for the classifieds is where the people who want to help oiut post theat they are available. What you have is simply a simplified version of the topics people have posted already...

Rain

Sponsor

AceJP said:
I thnk th issue with having ppl listed is tha tyou cant click on ther name and send a PM, but I guess you can look them up in the member list, it owuld also need to be stickied for easy access

-edit-
I checked what you did
It's cool
but the idea for the classifieds is where the people who want to help oiut post theat they are available. What you have is simply a simplified version of the topics people have posted already...

Woops, Guess I misinterpreted you then.

Well, it's been stickied now, so it must have some relevance.

It's not locked or anything, so I'm defiantly not stopping people from posting that they are available.

If anything people could ask to be added to a new section of the list with what they are available to do, and then members who need help can PM them. (Or I could link to there topic if they have one up.)

Edit:

I updated the list with the only two people who are currently taking requests.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.