Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you reading?

mawk

Sponsor

I'm not getting my hopes up; it's not the characters so much as the author. If he's the kind of guy that likes to inject treacle into his books, then a refreshing new point of view won't do much to stop him.

e

Sponsor

Well, you know, Goodkind is pretty big on Ayn Rand, so that pretty much kills any hope anyone could ever get...unless you like Ayn Rand.

I've been reading a bunch of short stories for my science fiction class lately. I haven't had time to read much lately otherwise, which is unfortunate.

I usually don't read just one book. And I sure as hell ain't going back to what I HAVE read. Too much to cover. x3

Reading:
-Demon of Darkness by Lisa Renee Jones
Yeah, I'm reading one of those sappy romance novels.
-Demons Don't Dream (Xanth) by Pierres Anthony.
An alright book. I just like to giggle at puns.

candle

Sponsor

Xanth is very fun, but I prefer his Apprentice Adept and Incarnations of Immortality series.  I actually have a full shelf of my book case dedicated to Peir Xanthony.

Spoo

Sponsor

Darkfire":t530me1o said:
I think Akinari may have been thinking about Everworld or the Mayflower Project, both of which were so much better than Animorphs, (though I loved all three).

Ah, right.  I was thinking of Everworld (I checked in the back of one of my Animorphs I still have).  I never got to read those, though.  I've read all of the Animorphs, and the ending was terrible in my opinion, but the series overall was pretty good.  As for the Mayflower Project, I read a few chapters of Remnants and liked it pretty good.  Unfortunately, once someone else checked it out from our school's library, I never saw it again. 

I've still got a ways to go in Brisingr.  I might get it done by next week.

I'm reading the Count of Monte Cristo. People underestimate classic literature, really. It's a great adventure novel, even if it is a bit intimidating at first. (over 800 pages and 117 chapters)

In school we have to read Romeo and Juliet as well, which surprisingly isn't that bad.

mawk

Sponsor

why are so many people here reading Applegate and Paolini stuff?

I thought most of us were at least older than that.

dadev, wait until they start making you find symbols in everything.

candle

Sponsor

An Update:  I'm now on Atlas Shrugged.  Holy shit, that's a big book!  My copy is over 1000 pages long with tiny words.  This may take me a while...

It took long enough, but they library just got my copy of The Grapple in, so I can finally finish the Southern Victory series. I also got in Turtledove's Derlavian War series and W.E.B. Griffen's The Corps, so I have about 18 books to read. It's going to be a very pleasant week.

Mietzsche":3nf3n2ft said:
why are so many people here reading Applegate and Paolini stuff?

I thought most of us were at least older than that.

dadev, wait until they start making you find symbols in everything.

Actually I have to admit "Remnants" was one of my favorite series growing up, after I moved on from Animorph's. I've never read the whole series, but it's got it's share of characters dying horribly and getting screwed over and interesting, unique aliens. So it's pretty dark for something printed with such big freaking letters.

My uncle got it for me when I was playing my football game on that day.
I'm glad he did that for me but now I have to read 762 Pages.
Loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggg Wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.