Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weapon/Armor Customization and Alternate Skill Costs

I have decided to implement some features I orginally came up with back into my game, and so:
My game has a system of items called the Augury Spheres, which are spheres that represent the four classical elements, ice, and light and dark. Fire=Red/Earth=Brown/Wind=Green/Water=Blue/Ice=Cyan/Dark=Black/Light=White. Also null auguries, auguries that have no elemental affinity and when in the case of a weapon/armor, if you receive a item with one, the null augury cannot be removed. Blank auguries, auguries that transform into other types depending on circumstances.
1: Weapon/Armor Customization
These auguries can be equipped to weapons and armors (armors including accesories), and after a few hours (more depending on the power of the result), the item transforms into a all new form, usually with: a new name, new stats, and commonly; a elemental affinity. For example: Red Auguryx4+White Auguryx4+Black Auguryx4+Gun=Nova Pistol
So, in layman's terms, a specific set of items can be used to fuse to items and change them.
2: Auguries as cost for magic
This one is where auguries are used as a cost for all types of magic. So, simply auguries are expended instead of MP to cast spells, ranging from your basic black magic to more powerful magic like necromancy or summoning. For example, Cure=Brown Augury+2 White Auguries.
So, in layman's terms, those sets of items as used as a expense to cast magic instead of MP.

So, would it be possible to event this (if so, how?), or would a script be needed?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.