Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Character Creation System V1.2

RMVX Evented Character Creation System V 1.2

Screenie! Spoiler
The white outline around the character is because of my pathetic photoshop job. I blew up the image of the characters so the player could see better while choosing, but I used a white background and it gave me that damn choppy outline. I'll see about fixing these tonight. I hope it doesn't discourage your support.

Hey, guys. A few months ago I did a few in depth searches for a script for a character creation script. And it turns out that (as far as I can tell) There aren't any anywhere to be found in RMXP.org. And since I'm kind of antisocial, and afraid to venture out of my domain, I never wander much further than what google sets out for me. So I figured that a character creation system is something that RMXP needed. But since I can't script my way out of a paper bag, I evented one.

This system is very simple at the moment, considering that the possibilities triple every single time you add a new hair color to the palette. However; I do plan on making the system a bit deeper as I learn more and become braver. Perhaps I'll take suggestions or requests for certain sprites that I can add on weekly and such... I have a hard time doing an enormous project, but little addons here and there suit me well. Anyway... on to the demo.

This is the demo

If anyone thinks that they'd like a tutorial on how to do this, I have a screen capture program, and I'm no stranger to youtube. Just send me a reply and let me know if you'd like to see deeper into the design.

Features for V1.2:
- 4 different hairstyles to choose from.
- 3 different armor types, light, medium, and heavy.
- Easy to use, and interesting interface.
- Simple to edit events, with comments, and completely customizable.
- Name input screen
- Save screen after character creation
- Info boxes for armor choices

New features for version 1.4 (Currently being reworked)
- New class creation system (This might become it's own topic and system, but for now, I'm going to add it in as an option you can turn on or off after you create your character.)

Coming soon:
- One more hairstyle.
- Male/Female choice. (I started on this, but got overwhelmed because I tried to add 9 more choices all at once and had to start over... geh. Soon though.)
- Beards for every hairstyle
- Every color for every hairstyle.
- New Armor choice: Dark Plate (Battlemage armor)

New ideas:
- Race selection. I'm going to go with an angel, demon, and dragonfly type race (The spritemaker I use has dragonfly wings lol)
- Class selection. This won't be included in the actual character creation screen, but throughout the game (probably a separate system
- Weapon style selection. Another thing I'll add after you're in the game. Possibly part of the class system.

Requests:
If you have any ideas new features that you'd like to see please, reply and let me know.
(This can include new sprites, hairstyles, classes, weapon styles, race suggestions, or anything between.)

I thrive on your critiques. The more replies, the faster I work. So flood the thread!

I really like your idea! Instead of being a burden of playing one gender for example: Your a girl and your playing a guy and you want to be a girl. Like that.
For my input I think you should add an Eyes option like eyes from Brock from Poke'mon (lol) and then Odd Dot eyes or scarred or even scarry eyes and what not. That's a script I would fight for :box: !

Hah. It's fine.

About the eyes. Using the events it could easily be done, except that if you added three more eye choices, it'll kick up the number of sprites to be outputed to 36 from 12. Which isn't TOO much work, but then female and male options will make it 72 and any other options after that make it MUCH more complicated! But it's a great idea. Oh, and I did find a script for this a few days ago. Let me find you the link....

http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=13256

There you go. Hope that helps someone.

:cheers: Thanks for the link will help me with the spriting and such sense im not such a success with that and such :crazy: And sense im the first to say it. What a Cool idea :3

Okay maybe this is a bit noobish, but can you possibly make one for RPG Maker XP? I have the full version of XP and I don't wanna buy VX.

Alright, I know this is a bit of a necropost but it's nothing compared to the last one, so I'm going to answer it.

Yeah. You can definitely make this for xp. Just look at how it's put together and find either learn how to sprite, find a good spriter, or find a character generator program for the xp and get to work. It's really simple. Good luck.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.