Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"U.S 4th Infantry Division"

Well this is a very basic at the moment but i want some feedback of what you think well here it goes.

I'm not a very imosional person but remembering the world war two as it was makes me cry loads of times because of my great granded was in it. I thought that by making a game about him and and his team would make me feel better but i don't know. I never knew much imformation about my great granded because he died in the war but with what i do know it will help me make this game. Now whatever people think of this then im not bothered because its not about the game its about my Great grandfather so support would be nice. Thanks.

Help would be nice if possible but you might not like this sort of project.
Anyway please give feedback and comments.

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/204/ ... undph7.png[/IMG]

Allies and Axis[/FONT]

I have finally dicided to be fair to germany or anyone that comes from germany on this forums that you can do allied and axis missions also this will give more intresting gameplay. Below is all the info i have on each side so far.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8127/allieszl6.png[/IMG]
Description:
"4th Infantry Division. You have been assembled to deploy on a mission far greater then any you have come across. This mission could cost you your lives gentlemen so keep your head up so we can make it through this. Our mission is to overcome the german enemy base pasulhauf (its not german i just made it up) Psaulhauf is a rader camp support by german air defences which must be destroyed, this is you secondry mission. Your main mission is to find your lost brother in the war, he was last spotted from the 101st us airborne. They scattered all over germany so to find him will hard. Your squad will consit of 6 men. Captain Cloen, Sargeant Fortland, Corpral Terret, Private Stevenson, Private Clerec and you Private Watson. Men we ove out tomorrow so get your gear ready, This will not be a walkover...

Thats all the information on the allies at the moment. I will finish the germans tomorrow

Updates
The Title Screen

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4893 ... opyrz0.jpg[/IMG]

Omaha Beach D-day dog green sector

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8177 ... eensx2.png[/IMG]

And that main playable character information ( with the help of crazymew)

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/927/martinyt1.png[/IMG]

ohh, thats a very kool way to honor your grand father.

Are you a writer? a spriter? or a musican?

I wish the best of luck to you. I hope you are able to finish it.

Serenade: Stranded is my main topic. Im on a break until i can get the tileset maker.

Shark_tooth: Im the not the best writer but what is so sarcastic about what i said?

Zoom

The way you have your rifle pointing, the liberal left is taking potshots at the conservative right. Ain't it always the way?

Hope the game goes well.

I have no idea what sort of Second World War tiles you could possibly have in mind, but I'd love to see the results. A good program like Photoshop works wonders with things like tilesets what with "snap to grid" and transparencies.

I would like some awnsers for the battle system please pick wish one you think is best

1st Person Shooter:
We are possible to make the game a first person shooter, this is very easy to do with my friends scripting but the only problem is the graphics of the guns, ill need a hand with those.

3rd person shooter:
We are possible to make it behind the soldier this will be harder because we must draw the whole graphic.

Please give your opinion it will help quite alot.

ok read the story i added you like it i hope its saying a bit about russia and britan going into germany as well but yes it is based on a us battilion

It seems that either way we get out ass smacked *lol* Well, while reading your first post, I was thinking you're doing a revenge game on Germany or something, but I guess that isn't all true... I still think it's important to say that most German soldiers in that time weren't on the battlefield because of their own will, but more because they were forced to. I hope your game won't tell anyone the opposite, because most games made these days from the US government, for example, do exactly this, which is nothing more than propaganda.

I'm looking forward to the game, though, and expect something good if you say your buddies can script a FPS engine ... if executed right, this'd be better for a WW setting than 3rd-person, I think ...

Im not try to say the germans are he main enemy thats why i have put playable to be germans so fro the view germans are the allies and we are the enemies, i do know what happened in the war and i know they were forced to but i'm still sad from what happened and hitler is to blame for it all

BlueScope said:
I'm looking forward to the game, though, and expect something good if you say your buddies can script a FPS engine ... if executed right, this'd be better for a WW setting than 3rd-person, I think ...

I wouldn't be too worried about the script part, the graphics will be the hardest part.

Edit: cool, you can play as germans.. I also like the idea of allied missions. Good luck.

Yeah, that's true. I also despise what he started. On the other hand, that's not a reason to blame all Germans at once as 'they started the war', as I said, a few commercial games do that ATM. I'm glad people like you know that that wasn't the case.

thanks those last few post really help and yes shark_tooth the graphics will be the hardest part thats why i need an expert so this isn't realy recruitment but if anyone could consider the help i will be mostly grateful anyway thanks for them post and keep leaving feedback :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.