Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tree doodle

3d6b36d20e4692cf89d7773b5dd9aa93.png

I wanted to try out Corel Painter, so I drew a tree in it. It's an interesting program, and the brush handling (at least for the ones I used) is quite different from Photoshop. The real watercolor brushes look extremely convincing, but I don't know how to watercolor and couldn't get them to look good, so I settled for the digital watercolor brushes instead.

I always forget I have corel painter. I end up doing everything in one program.
With real watercolors you're suppose to build up slowly. But there's different techniques. Wet on wet. Wet on Dry.
I've never done anything serious with it. Just painting assignments. Fruit. hazy tree lines.
And since you have to leave room for the foreground stuff and start with the background, you really have to have it planned out before hand. I prefer making it up as I go.

Yeah, the color blocking is what gets me. The inability to draw light after drawing dark totally interferes with my painting style, and it turned into a muddy mess. :( Which is too bad because it looks cool.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.