Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Tournament Hero V1.0 (complete)

Dead content awaiting restoration.
I am proud to present Tournament Hero Version 1.0
The game is available for download:
Tournament Hero V1.0

Please follow the link listed above for more information. This a featured game of RPGREVOLUTION.COM.
Please post any comments, questions, or feedback in our Tournament Hero forums hosted by RRR.

Tournament Hero allows the player to select one of many stories to play. The stories vary in length, content, and style. You may find yourself as an alchemist who needs to grow a specific reagent, or a war hero who leads great armies into battle. The variety of play and non-linear story are what make this game great. In addition, there are three unique battle systems, an interactive town complete with council members, dynamic citizens, seasonal change and much more. The game has a steep learning curve, therefore a graphic user guide has been created and is available online (it will be available as a PDF soon).

Features Include:
- A complete Players Guide
- Over 200 custom pictures and graphics
- 3 Unique Battle Systems
- Tactical Skill battles
- Epic Army battles
- Modified DBS battles
- A completely interactive town
- Vote for your town council members
- Or run for office yourself!
- Support the campaigns of 3 parties
- Decide the town budget and laws
- Join the Military and defend the town
- Spy on enemy forces and launch attacks
- Interactive with the citizens!
- Unique relationship system
- Gain friends and enemies
- Give gifts, tell stories, or just talk
- Make the decisions in each conversation
- MUCH MORE
- More than 6 stories to play, each with its own unique goals, background, and more.
- A complete farming system
- Grow 6 reagents or just vegetables
- Sell or use your reagents
- Create powerful spells with the Alchemy system!
- Upgrade your house or live in an apartment
- Find pets to live at your home
- Hire mercenaries for protection
- Develop new skills and compete in the underground fight club or the Great Tournament!

And a lot more. Tournament Hero is a game of endless features. The players guide is a huge help when using them to your advantage. Each story focuses on different portions of the features, but there is also the ability to play a simulation game which puts you in sandbox mode to try anything and everything out!

And please don't forget about the player's guide. Check it out below!

http://ebfangame.bizhat.com/thpg/cover.jpg[/img]

Tournament Hero is an open simulation role-playing game developed in the game engine RPG Maker XP. Create a character of your own, and compete in the Great Tournament that is held each year, representing your Home Town. Build your character's strength and abilities and grow your Home Town's economy by participating in the Great Tournament.

Tournament Hero employs 3 unique and custom battle systems, a farming, relationship, and stock market systems. There are a huge variety of features and a number of story lines to choose from.

http://www.rpgrevolution.com/joe/s1.JPG[/img]
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/joe/s2.JPG[/img]
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/joe/s3.JPG[/img]
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/joe/s4.JPG[/img]

TH features 4 other storylines to play.

@ Rare, I was hoping that the 30+ page players guide would suffice for the posting criteria while saving space. If it is necessary, I can post character descriptions, a complete list of features and a story synopsis. Although, they are available with a click to the game website. My post was never meant to disrespect the forums, only to advertise my game that I put a lot of work into. However, you may be right that by not including this information I am only hurting myself. In any case, here it is altogether in 4 pictures. (check the original post)

Your "30+ page players guide" does not suffice. I'm sure it's impressive, but members shouldn't be required to go off-site to see the basic information about you game.

In-game screenshots are required.

Acera

Sponsor

Ok I downloaded the game and played it for a bit. Here are some comments:

Mapping:
I'll start with what I noticed when I first saw the characters and the maps. The indoor mapping is.... not really all that good. The rooms in the town hall (for example) are massive, think of each square as 1 m^2. Doing this will make a room in the buildings around 40-60m^2. I have no idea where you live, but I don't know many places that are that big (unless they're for commercial use --> rooms which can be rented for parties or so). Having big rooms isn't really the problem actually, having these huge, empty floors is. I usually exit a game with those kind of maps but because you were a featured projet (that's what the splash screen says, you might wanna fix that  :thumb:) I kept on playing. Another note: the characters that stand in the buildings are all static, they don't move (at least I only found 1 or 2 that do move) but they all have the moving animation on. Do you know how tired you get from running at the spot? Your outdoor mapping is descent enough, but again it's rather big. That's quite annoying if you have to move from A to B 77 times and you see the same, long route all the time. There aren't much animations to look at so it's basically transporting yourself.

Gameplay:
I was hoping you could score big on this, given the huge amount of features you have. But once you got in-game it was all very confusing. You should give *subtle* (or not so subtle) hints of where to go to. I spent ages looking through massive buildings with strange people standing in them who have running animations on. So something you could work on is making sure the player knows *exactly* (well not exactly, but just giving hints on what direction, what building, etc.) where to go to. In the rather big outdoors you have, it might be handy to put in some signs with directions on them.

Sound & Story:
Why in the same paragraph? Because it's too short for a seperate one :> I wasn't able to catch 1 song yet, but seems like the animations are all working. Although you need to put an extra sound in when a door closes, not only when it opens (when you move from an interior to an exterior). As for the story, you almost get thrown in, given only a small amount of information. Add that to the rather skimmy dialogues (I tried upping my relationship with a NPC and I think I read the same dialogue 3 times, either allow maxing it out sooner to make sure you don't see the same dialogue twice or add more) and you have a rather clueless story with not much to guide the player.

Features
1 word: amazing. Yes you did a hell fine job of putting the scripts together. I'll get on to what I thought was the most impressive. The Skill system (the one you enable at the crystal). You get transported to a map and can select abilities. If you'd just change the buttons you stand on (they look really bland) than you have yourself an awesome system. <3

Enough for the day, back to my own game,

~Acera

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.