Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Timed Hits anyone? Possible?

I have always wanted to make a game with timed hits incoorperated into the battle system, however, i dont know how to script therefore i cannot do this on my own. hopefully somebody can either direct me in the way to find one! or even if its possible to make?

EVEN BETTER! someone could make it for mee?:thumb: ....doubtfull, but hey!

Twin Matrix;141933 said:
Could you please PM it to me when it's done? I'll most likely forget about this topic, but I've been wanting that script for ages. ^^;

How can you possibly forget a script that you want so much, really if you want a script it's up to you to remember it.

@ Dorito

I dont understand why people would call you an idiot when commercial games such as Shadow Hearts and paper Maio use it, both which recieved positive reviews. The reason I wanted it is becasue I wanted a battle system based on decision making, speed and response.

I am a bit sceptical at the moment about how this will be able to fit into all the pre-existing battle systems and then go on to be customisable, such as different bar speeds based on the weapon equipped and varying sizes of the hit areas depending on what weapon is equipped. It is also important to move the hit zones depending on the weapon or skill attached to it as the player will learn the pattern too easily.

I DID IT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2MG2Z9X5
ok you can change the speed at line 215 scene battle 4 (btw there is alot of "comments" left, which are really failed attempts at getting this to work earlier -.- just ignore them I like keeeping them there in case they work^^;;)
i'm so excited to post my first big request (lmao sorry for letting your hope up on my first request but I did it didnt i?)
anyways there is just one little bug but I'll fix that ;)
damn something is weird with the damage -.-
i had it working before (the version I gave might work with the damage)
ok I fixed that
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MCC0UCMI
there now enemies damage isnt effected by the timed hits
now its a little non userfriendly and I hope to fix that tomrrow. and the small bug of the window staying up I will probally fix now :)
oh and trust me its very customizable :)
VERY

Mac

You still need to use the dispose method as it stays there after the characters have had their turn.

Nice though...also slow down the bar a bit..only slightly though.

Mac;142425 said:
You still need to use the dispose method as it stays there after the characters have had their turn.

Nice though...also slow down the bar a bit..only slightly though.
i think i fixed that in the latest one but I mean its a cosmetic error -.-
Idk i tried to fix it, it wasnt happening that easily so you know maybe if someone else wants too they can fix it ^^;;.
anyways if you want to slow it down there are instructions in comments if they are clear enough. each script i modified I put a ** in its name and the lines i began to modify in :)

boomy

great work!
i think the bar travels at good speed
but could you make it that the window diappears after you hit the button
it seems to stay there for a while... even after battle (sometimes i see the bar window on the map)
and just to clarify... the attack power of the attack doesn't change... even if the bar is near the end or the start... because i don't see a change in attack power UNLESS the bar is full
and again, great work!

boomy;143051 said:
great work!
i think the bar travels at good speed
but could you make it that the window diappears after you hit the button
it seems to stay there for a while... even after battle (sometimes i see the bar window on the map)
and just to clarify... the attack power of the attack doesn't change... even if the bar is near the end or the start... because i don't see a change in attack power UNLESS the bar is full
and again, great work!

the damn thing either disapears or doesnt I think it has a mind of its own -.-
I think the attack does, maybe since the damage is random anyways you just dont notice or maybe it really doesnt lol. Yes I did make sure its 0 as a miss (just since I think that easier than making it miss from a different class that I didnt know how to make it a miss though miss is probally nil but oh well >>). Well as I said its highly customizable so if you want to fix some things I provided **'s with the line to modify in the names of scripts so have fun :)

I tried it, it seemed like a good start but will you be making this a full script?

How easy would it be to take the concept made by this and create the system I demonstrated in the first page. The idea would be to have 3 hit areas. If you hit all three youd get perfect, if you hit 2 you'd get average, if you hit 1 you'd get weak and if you hit none you'd get 0 damage. Also, instead of stopping a bar you stop a cursor inside pre defined sections. Does that make it far too complicated?

And is it possible to make this compaible with the majority of the other battle systems already made, just having this as an addon?

Sorry I'm so eager, this script has just shown me that my idea of a battle system is more accesible than I think.

Calibre;144357 said:
I tried it, it seemed like a good start but will you be making this a full script?

How easy would it be to take the concept made by this and create the system I demonstrated in the first page. The idea would be to have 3 hit areas. If you hit all three youd get perfect, if you hit 2 you'd get average, if you hit 1 you'd get weak and if you hit none you'd get 0 damage. Also, instead of stopping a bar you stop a cursor inside pre defined sections. Does that make it far too complicated?

And is it possible to make this compaible with the majority of the other battle systems already made, just having this as an addon?

Sorry I'm so eager, this script has just shown me that my idea of a battle system is more accesible than I think.
not that hard (maybe faily hard for me but defiantly possible and I might be able to do it) I impliminted the same hit areas you asked for indeed in this as that gave me the inspiration. A cursor I guess is possible though not practical for me to script but I can see what I can do (its a luxury lets just say that) though who knows itll probally end up being EASIER than what I thought, however it will be harder for other people to customize... This is copatabile with almost any other battle system, though you may need some of my tweaking if you cant do it. I made this script to be very versatile and userfriendly so lots of how you want it to be depends on you since anyone can make it how they want. However if you ask specifically what you want me to do with it maybe I can help you with that ;)

Well based on what I just said, but there are a few more things I consider crucial both for your existing system and the one I propose. That is that if the hit areas were the same for every character, ecery weapon and every skill, it would:

A] Take the point out of it
B] MAke it far too easy for the player to learn the pattern and timing

Therefore I think for either system, it's important to be able to edit

A] The speed of the cursor / bar
B] The size and positions of the hit area

Depending on what weapon is equipped / skill is being executed.

Much like in Shadow Hearts, though in that the cursor travels around a circular ring.

PS I for one am currently planning on using the RTAB with Minkoffs Animated Battlers to turn it into sidevew. I was also hoping to use mnay of the RTAB Add-Ons.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.