Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Timed Hits anyone? Possible?

I have always wanted to make a game with timed hits incoorperated into the battle system, however, i dont know how to script therefore i cannot do this on my own. hopefully somebody can either direct me in the way to find one! or even if its possible to make?

EVEN BETTER! someone could make it for mee?:thumb: ....doubtfull, but hey!

I've always wanted a battle system with a cursor that travels along a bar, with say three hit areas, where you have to hit the button when the cursor is in that section. You could get Hit - 100% damage Weak 50% damage and Perfect for 150% damage. If you missed altogether you would get a 0% hit. I made a mock up for it.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4163/battlesceneib2.png[/IMG]

I can't make it, sorry. Just showing you that your not alone in wanting this feature. It would be better as an addon which functions with the main current battle engines out there.

herogaurdin;137079 said:
I have always wanted to make a game with timed hits incoorperated into the battle system, however, i dont know how to script therefore i cannot do this on my own. hopefully somebody can either direct me in the way to find one! or even if its possible to make?

EVEN BETTER! someone could make it for mee?:thumb: ....doubtfull, but hey!

I bet it can even be done with events ^^;;
I can try to do it with rgss though ....

id really appreciate that if youd give it a shot. thank you for replying :)

and yes Nin, like paper mario, but more so like mario rpg, but i guess theyre pretty much the same just a few different types with the hammer for example on paper mario you pull back, where as on mario rpg there is just the one button to be pressed at a certian time

and just a question centered towards Calibre: What is that screenie from? and what systems are incoorperated?

It's simply a mock up of the battle system I had always planned having in my game, Celestial Requiem. The basic setop in that screenie is cybersam, but I have photoshopped all the additional features in as a mock up.

I was just demonstrating thayt I too would love a system or addon that could do this. I was showing the way I had imagined it. A system such as this would be perfect for a game that wanted fast paced action that was not an ABS. A mixture of the ATB bar and the timed attacks would make for a frentic battle system.

herogaurdin;138151 said:
I totally agree! But i wonder if anyone would have the time or knowledge to make something like this for us?? who do you think would be a suitable person to ask to do this script?

gosh I'll do it hold on -.-
I've just been playing disgaea 2 for the past couple of days for over 24 hours now it says ^^;;

herogaurdin;138306 said:
thanks so much! with script?

yes I've just been playing disgaea a long time -.- (i'm playing it right now lol) when I'm about level 100 I'll start it (I'm lvl 80 with addell right now and I get about 10 levels every half hour)

meh I'll just start it now though events would be easier I'll do it in script -.-
damn I forgot how to put a wait into script -.- If someone can remind me I can finish this if not ^^;;

i asked a few people about that script, and im just waiting to see if anyone knows how to put "wait" in script. i tried looking through default scripts but i couldnt find anything. hopefully ill get a response soon. i really want this script! and i really appreciate you doing this for me!

OH! mayyyybe is this it??? :S

def wait(frame)

herogaurdin;139028 said:
i asked a few people about that script, and im just waiting to see if anyone knows how to put "wait" in script. i tried looking through default scripts but i couldnt find anything. hopefully ill get a response soon. i really want this script! and i really appreciate you doing this for me!

OH! mayyyybe is this it??? :S

def wait(frame)

not at all -.-

If you want the effect of a 'wait' in a script, create a variable (something like: @wait_timer = 0) then add a condition before updating (something like: return if @wait_timer != 0 or if @wait_timer > 0 { @wait_timer -= 1; return; })

hmm i wonder if he can do it now with this, prexus, do you know anything of the timed hits script? any before this attempt? any completed? and by any chance do you know how to do it in case pruples doesnt turn out?? not that im doubting him, but i really want the script! haha

sounds good to me! im not using side view anyways, i just want it to be that...with certian weapons ( or not if you dont/cant incorperate it) there is a certain point you can hit the attack button again for a greater damage! but sure! as long as it gets done, i am very greatful!

herogaurdin;140433 said:
sounds good to me! im not using side view anyways, i just want it to be that...with certian weapons ( or not if you dont/cant incorperate it) there is a certain point you can hit the attack button again for a greater damage! but sure! as long as it gets done, i am very greatful!

i got it 90% done but I dont know how to make it run the bar without having to press enter (since where I am editing it you have to press enter to attack and when it loops it needs to press enter again for the timer to go up), and without having that damn annoying next character selection menu come up -.-

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.