Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Sylvan Maid Astray

8T0LKgT.png

Dev's Notes
This game was made for a month-long game jam on another forum, and while it has one playable level, it still remains largely unfinished. More features have been in conception, such as dangerous terrain, a better storyline, actual monsters; each with attack patterns, power-ups; like in Super Mario or Sonic, and a secret in each level.

So anyway, I'm still looking for feedback and support to possibly, finally, release a game.

Synopsis
On the first day of spring, as early as dawn, the elven children of Mystwood wander around to gather as many freshly bloomed flowers as they can.

Despite her father's warnings, 14-year-old Sylphia does not stick close enough to the other elves in order to avoid getting lost--as she often does. Instead she trails behind, her mind unfocused on the task at hand. Only when she sees the motionless body of a rabbit off the trail does Sylphia suddenly move faster.

Taking a step next to the rabbit leaves her feeling light-headed and dizzy, causing her to fall unconscious.

Features
  • * Collect Pixie Dust while navigating maze-like levels to find a way home
    * Get 1, 2, or 3 stars at the end of each level depending how many points you scored

eFvMJObm.png
0W4sVzzm.png
Cfvr2ZMm.png

Demo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8npl9r4rzdf8 ... y.exe?dl=0

Credits
Nerd Bomb
- Melanii/Strawberrii: Concept & Development
- Star: Eventing & Coding Assistance
- Catfire: Music

Scripts
- Yanfly
- Napoleon
- Glitchfinder
- KMS/Mr. Bubble
- VM of DT
- Khas Arcthunder
- NeonBlack
- PK8
- Victor Saint
- Nicke
- Mithran

Graphics
- DS Resource Pack
- Titlescreen Book: PandaMaru
- Quill Cursor: Avery
- Placeholder UI: GameArtForge

I love your tree maze there. I always thought those times could look good if done properly but I've never been able to manage it. It matches your art stairwell too. Will play this later when I get time.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.