Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The RTP Challenge Official Project Thread

The RTP Challenge Official Project Thread[/FONT]

Here is the thread for you to post links to your RTP Challenge projects. You may also link to a Project Forum thread if you made one, or maybe some links to screenies or other information. You will also be able to get your hands on RTP Challenge signitures here as well.

Official RTP Challenge Forum Signitures
http://www.gamekrew.com/images/rtpchalsig1.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.gamekrew.com/images/rtpchalsig2.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.gamekrew.com/images/rtpchalsig3.jpg[/IMG]

Nix

Here's a little teaser demo of my project, thus far. I've updated it a little bit, and ironed out many of the bugs, but a few are still there. TELL ME IF YOU SEE ANY I MISSED!

http://ez-files.net/download.php?file=71f9a2ed

Enjoy! And please, please, please, please, please, please, PLEASE; any critique would be welcome. Feel free to PM me if you have anything constructive to say.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4514/bannerej1.png[/IMG]

RTP Challenge Entry

If you could contact the dead
Would you?

Raven Faelynn lost her mother in a gruesome murder when she was a child. The killer was never found; now it seems, the killer has returned for Raven.
Desperate to find the identity of the killer, Raven attemts to contact her dead mother, but when the connection to the abyss is not completely cut, Raven's world is turned upside down.

Raven Faelynn Teaser[/FONT]

Screens
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1628/screenhu8.th.png[/IMG] http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1174/screen2es7.th.png[/IMG]

Well, I'll release a small bit of info on my project, but I haven't got much, just a gameplay feature that is vital to your survival and the tiniest bit of plot ;)

Dark Entity

Your the only one left, the rest were annihilated by the barbaric and ruthless race known as humanity. They slaughtered your kind, burned them on stakes, tortured them until it took the last breath out of their lungs, they destroyed everything you believed in.

Now, it's time for revenge...

So your asking, 'what makes this game different?', 'what is it that seperates it from the other games?'
Well, here are my answers.

Free-Roaming Adventure - Isn't it about time when you decided whether you wanted to do this quest or that one when you wanted. Well, now, with Dark Entity, you can. Roam around the vast country of Karano, take on the story when you please, or simply indulge in something you would prefer, including puzzle-heavy dungeons, extra side quests and a vast world to explore.

Survival - Living out in the wilderness is a hard life, but getting hungry doesn't make it any easier. Hunt down creatures to survive in this dog-eat-dog world, raid convoys to steal some extra loot and food, do anything you possibly can to stay alive.

Either be the hunter or hunted.

Well, I hope you like it so far.. I will probably release screenshots tommorow, or maybe the next day, it all depends on progress.
But, dont worry, the hunger system for Survival is done. Now all I need to do is make up all the food and creatures to eat.
I'm considering a ABS battle system made by myself, but it all depends on the situation.

Wow, Ace, that second screenshot is creepy...niergh... -shivers- looks like we've got a lot of good games, meaning a lot of good competition. Can't wait.

Well, if it's a picture (which it probably is) then it doesn't matter, as faces can be shown via pictures, though you can only have up to 30 pictures in your project...which would be harsh for me, as I use about 50 pictures for all the facesets of my characters. On top of that, you need all those other pictures to make it look even better.

Marcus

Sponsor

I'm fighting every fiber in my body to try not to whore off my game because I believe it's a curse (every game I show to the public I always cancel).

I will spit out some random information for anyone who's interested, though :D

-It's currently called Our Final Four, The Seven Children Wept
-The title is a joke on Philip K. Dick's bad title writing skills
-The game takes place in on a plot containing a mansion, graveyard, masoleum, and ancient tower.
-The story is about the exposition of children
-There are no weapons; the entire thing is based on wiccan magick
-You can become addicted to healing potions which causes more damage than harm if you overdose :D
-It's inspired by Sweet Home, one of my favorite Capcom games.

I plan on working on it a bit tonight. Hopefully I can finish it as I have almost 2 months and the game isn't that large in scope.

Marcus

Sponsor

Draken said:
Why are most games to do with mansions?
you've got to be kidding me... you've been here how long? how many project topics have you seen here?

the only games i can think of that take place in a mansion are Resident Evil 1 and Realms of the Haunting and I'm probably the only person on this website that played RotH so i doubt anyone knows about that...

i think someone else in this rtp contest has a game that takes place in a mansion but that was purely coincidental.

please show me this MOST GAMES because if you ask me you should rephrase your question to "why do most games take place in anime fantasy land with a 16 year old expert swordsman who's parents died in a fire???"

Yeah, the whole "my parents died and now I want revenge" RPG cliche is getting real old...I mean...I went to a forum the other day...their entire first page of projects was something like that...oh, sure, they all died in different ways, but come on...it's bad enough when you have one person in there that can't understand why he isn't getting help, but when half the forum is doing it?

Tamo_Konichi said:
Yeah, the whole "my parents died and now I want revenge" RPG cliché is getting real old...I mean...I went to a forum the other day...their entire first page of projects was something like that...oh, sure, they all died in different ways, but come on...it's bad enough when you have one person in there that can't understand why he isn't getting help, but when half the forum is doing it?

1. He isn't 15... more like 40.
2. It's not just his parents, his whole kin.

Bleh, sorry for assuming it, I guess I've only seen like 4 RTPC projects and 2 of 'em had mansions...

Rain

Sponsor

Tamo_Konichi said:
Yeah, the whole "my parents died and now I want revenge" RPG cliché is getting real old...I mean...I went to a forum the other day...their entire first page of projects was something like that...oh, sure, they all died in different ways, but come on...it's bad enough when you have one person in there that can't understand why he isn't getting help, but when half the forum is doing it?

Your cliché of a cliché is getting old.

Camisado said:
Your cliché of a cliché is getting old.
What do you mean? -is very confused-
draken":3nckkgsz said:
1. He isn't 15... more like 40.
2. It's not just his parents, his whole kin.

Bleh, sorry for assuming it, I guess I've only seen like 4 RTPC projects and 2 of 'em had mansions...
Did you quote the wrong post? Because your post totally confused me...I don't get what my post has to do with what you just said...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.