Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Download Manager, a problem!

Rare

Well, as I just found out 3 minutes ago there is a limit of 50 files! I understand why this is in place, and seems reasonable, but theres sort of a problem. I was browsing through all the char sets, admiring the work done, and opening each one to expand it...without actually bringing it on to my computer. Now that I have reached my maximum downloads I cannot get the tileset I needed!

My suggestion is to put a "download resource" type button on each resource so that you know if we are just browsing, or actually downloading.

I hope this thread has not been made before..was too lazy to go through all the pages. :)

Well it's 50 files per day. And browsing them, people could just save them to their computer without clicking the "download resource" button, so it would eliminate the entire purpose of the button, unfortunately. It's a shame that this has happened, but I don't see much of a solution other than just waiting until tomorrow.

Rare

But couldnt we just put 2 buttons that say:

'Download resource' and 'View resource'?

Then maybe not allow the user to right-click (Yes that can be done on websites) while he\she is viewing.

Well probably temporary files, but it's so hard to actually restrict saving of an image; most every script for it has some way around it. And also even viewing them takes bandwidth, so we want the limit on viewing as well.

Rare

Oh, I see. Thats ok I guess, Ill be sure to only look at ones Im really interested in.

I kind of miss .nets Resorce submission threads. </3

I think it's more of ccoa and Erk's way of saving the limited bandwidth I am donating to them but I'll talk to them about it. I'll check today to see aprox. how much .org goes through in a month, and if it's miniscule enough (I do have 400gb to play with currently) then I'll talk to him about opening it up to either more DLs, or making it where it is unlimited.

And yeah, whenever you view any image online, your computer saves a copy of it in a temporary place, so you can view that page faster the next time you click on it.

No...Cookies save text information...passwords, personal settings, etc. Graphics are saved as the file itself in sometning like... 'Temporary Internet Cache Folder' or whatever your browser defaults to.

This is one of the reasons I reccomended the resource packs section. The more packs we have the less of a problem this will be. So start submitting people :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.