Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tears of Aleaetia - Sharky's online game!

Ever wanted to make an online game with RMXP but couldn't get a team? Then you are in the right place. I'm recruting for a team that is willing to make a MMO togather.

*People seem to believe RMXP can't handle online games. Me(tm) and I have proven this theory wrong. Togather we made Netplay 98% lagless, 39-40 fps, which is exaclty same as an offline game. It took a cauple of failed releases, but we did it. Link here;
http://netplayplus.solarsoft.nl/index.php

Glossarry
Rilotialites : Rye - lo - tye - lites
Rilotia : Rye- lo - tye
Tyiathelis : Tia - th- elis
Aleaetia : Aley-ti-a

The Story
A couple of decades ago, Rilotialites from Tyiathelis came upon this planet when doing experiments with a teleportation spell. Apparently, they had annunciated their destination wrong and ended up on the most beautiful planet they had ever seen. After surveying the planet they went back to tell their friends and family about this “wondrous sanctuaryâ€ÂÂ

thats awesome man.
The style of mapping is just what we need.

Welcome to the team. I'll add you to the list.

Also;
@ZDavis26
I've been writing a cauple stories down. I'll pm you my msn so we can discuss it.

Thats also very nice and well done, there are some mistakes with the carpet tho. Carpets don't bend ;) Everything else is setup nice tho.

I'll add you to the list and I'll pm you my msn.

I think we have room for one more mapper but it would be nice to have a mapper for caves and such.

We still need some spriters, that can design creatures and so on. Also someone tha can edit tilesets. We don't expect tiles from scratch ;).

And a 2d Concept artist would be good becasue we have wrote the story and after discussing it with the rest of the members, we will need some pictures drawn. Online games don't have title screens but pictures look good during loading times and presentation.

Anyone up for the job?

Edit: ZDavis26 is also musician, and a very good one ;)

So, how long will it take for everyone to have a storyline put down?

And do you already have the storyline? If so, could I hear it? And in what kind of world do things take place?

And Sharky, online games do in fact have Title screens. Just look at WoW and FFXI.

Twin Matrix said:
So, how long will it take for everyone to have a storyline put down?

What do you mean? We have the story line now. I'm waiting for ZDavis26 to finish rewriting it, since he is a writer. After that we discuss on it, if the rest of the team like it then we will go with that story ;)

Ok, sorry i didn't see it.

As I said above post, the story is getting finishing touches. The whole point of this is we work togather, as a team, on the story and the rest we divide like i did in the first post. I don't think the story will be compeletly done till tomorrow or the next day. You can check back again, if you want.;) I think the story is pretty cool and so does ZDavis26.

Also, this one might have a title screen but i don't know yet, i rather have loading and so on.

There will be a character creation instead of title, so a new game would be a new character.

Would it be possible to PM me the concept of the storyline?

It's obviously still in its first stages, but atleast it's better to know something than nothing. (E.g. "the game takes place in the medieval century and centers around a wizard that kills people at night")

Xer

Are you using an already created template for this or a custom one? I'm not to clear on this from the first post.

@twin_matrix - I'll pm you something.

@xer, no, we are not sure yet. I have to discuss that with the spriters. What I can tell you is, we aren't using RTP's characterset templates ;) Most likely already created, maybe K-Sama or remaking the Half-Kiazers a bit smaller.
Maybe my friend, M.sam can help with this. He was making templates for me before but had to stop.

What kind of music do you want? (sorry if this was already asked, big show, long night.)

Err... after reading the thread a little bit:

My name's Tillman (no, really.) At night, I play in a rock band. During the day, I nerd it up on RMXP (sorry if that's offensive.) Anyway, I'm a huge fan of unique game soundtracks, like Peter McConnell's work in Grim Fandango and Psychonauts. I have a couple of MIDI's on the download manager because the file size is super-convenient, but it would be no problem porting those over to a more realistic format.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.