Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Support Questions Archive (AKA FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Questions Archive

UPDATE: I'm turning this into a community effort. As you may have noticed, I removed quite a few of the links that were on this page. When I first created this thread, I just started with the last page of the support forum and began adding the topics. It turns out that this was not the most efficient method.

Okay. So how do I help?
1. If you happen to come across a topic that you feel is a common problem that can benefit others, post a reply with a link so that I can check it out.
  • The question should be clearly stated in the first thread. If possible, it should be the only question.
  • The question should be answered in a detailed manner that can be understood by those new to rmxp.
2. If you come across a topic that is already listed in this post but has a more detailed answer, post it and then I can replace the old one.
3. If you see a topic that has an * in front of the title, this topic has already been added to this thread.
4. Lastly, please report any broken links.

The purpose of this thread is to group similar questions together for easier navigation. Please check here before posting your question. It may have already been answered. This is a work in progress, and will remain so as long as rmxp.org is up and running.

~RMXP~

RMXP Program
How do I run rmxp on Windows Vista?
Failed to retrieve ntitles serial number?
How do I play my game in full screen mode?
Where and how is damage calculated for attack and skills?
My project crashed and I received an unexpected file format error? What do I do?
How do I let other people play my game?
I need to reinstall RMXP, and I can't find my Serial Number

RMXP Events
How do I show a chest animation?
How do I make a chest that stays empty after you open it?
How do I hide the timer with a switch?
How do I make an event animated, standing still?
How do I allow the player to name the character?
How do I call up commands and windows using call script commands?

RMXP Doors
How do I make a door event?
How do I make a locked door?

RMXP Battle
How do I disable the escape option for a boss fight?

RMXP Graphics
How do I get rid of the white box behind my character?
Can I use .gif images for icons?
How do I use more than one tileset for a map?

RMXP Mapping

RMXP Message Boxes
How do I show faces in my messages?

RMXP Database
What do the letters next to the element and state efficiencies mean?

RMXP Misc
How do I check an actor's level?
How do I make items unsellable?

~RMVX~

RMVX Program

RMVX Events

RMVX Doors

RMVX Battle

RMVX Graphics

RMVX Mapping

RMVX Message Boxes

RMVX Database

RMVX Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.