Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Strange Battle Error! (PLEASE MOVE)

UPDATED 17 MARCH:
Hi I am using Xideorw's Action Battle System (XAS) ABS for RPG Maker Xp. The Script is only for XP! It works very well. But suddenly 1 day when I fought an enemy (all enemies btw) a strange error message poped up:

errorbattle.png

This is very strange since I haven't changed anything. Before this error it worked without problem. And later (I hade changed a BGM Maybe, nothing more!) this strange error came up. I tried to change some lines in "Game_Battler3" in scripts, but I did get lost.

Ps. I have added the "Scopes" skills that were error on but this still doesn't help! I have added Items and weapons and tried to change the script in the Scope line(s) but I still cant get it working!

LOOK HOW THE ERROR POPS UP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJGcNqKeZg

This is the line of code in the Game_Battler 3 script I got the error in:

Code:
    # If skill scope is for ally with 1 or more HP, and your own HP = 0,

# or skill scope is for ally with 0, and your own HP = 1 or more

if ((skill.scope == 3 or skill.scope == 4) and self.hp == 0) or

((skill.scope == 5 or skill.scope == 6) and self.hp >= 1)

# End Method

return false

end

HOW DO I CHANGE SO I DON'T GET THAT ERROR?

PLEASE HELP ME, anyone who are familliar with the XAS ABS! Do I need to change something in the "Game_Battler3" script to make XAS ABS work?

/Thanks ~9robin3

EDIT: OK, I fixed it! I copied everything over into a new project and it's a sucess! But the only conclusion I made is that the old(er) XAS ABS Script (That I am using) have some bugs, because as long as you don't erase any 'skill' your game works fine, but when you erase any you get this error I occured!

Regarding the Game_Battler 3 thing... there is no Game_Battler 3 class, but a script container named that, since the script is split into 3 parts visually. However, you could name it "Holladiewaldfee" and nothing would change - it doesn't matter what it's called, what matters is the name of the class inside, which will always be "class Game_Battler".

Other than that, my opinion still stands: If there wouldn't be a reference to skill_effect(), you wouldn't get an error...

BlueScope":2h5uhsh8 said:
Regarding the Game_Battler 3 thing... there is no Game_Battler 3 class, but a script container named that, since the script is split into 3 parts visually. However, you could name it "Holladiewaldfee" and nothing would change - it doesn't matter what it's called, what matters is the name of the class inside, which will always be "class Game_Battler".

Other than that, my opinion still stands: If there wouldn't be a reference to skill_effect(), you wouldn't get an error...

Ok I understand!

Ok but as I said do I ask to much if I upload the project file for you to dowload?
So you can fix it? I will need a scripter anyway soon so..

OK, I fixed it! I copied everything over into a new project and it's a sucess! But the only conclusion I made is that the old(er) XAS ABS Script (That I am using) have some bugs, because as long as you don't erase any 'skill' your game works fine, but when you erase any you get this error I occured!

//Sorry but it must be bugs in it!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.