Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

stack errors

First:
Does it always happen, or only after you press F12?

In the second case, it's probably because you aliased part of the RPG module. You need to wrap those aliases with a !method_defined type command

If it always happens, check to make sure you don't have any aliases that use the same name. That might happen if you're using a bunch of custom scripts by different people

sandgolem said:
If it always happens, check to make sure you don't have any aliases that use the same name. That might happen if you're using a bunch of custom scripts by different people
That's why it is good to make your own scripts.

And a stack error is when there is an infinite loop like this:
Code:
a = 1
until a == 0
  a += 1
end

@Daniel3279, what is it with you and telling everyone to learn to script.. Its really starting to bug me. I know you didn't say it but you implied it.

a stack error is when too many stuff are run at the same time doing the exact same thing. In your case "alias".

Because I get bugged when people post things like "give me cbs plsz" and "cna sum1 maek me cms scirpt".

And also because I like to see unique games. If everyone who released a game knew how to script, there would be a lot of unique games to play.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.