Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Small script.. Should be continued..?

Uhm, well im getting somewhat bored of it, but was making a little PC in rmxp, and was perhaps gonna add as a class to rmxp, in wich could be used as a little computer in peoples games, or whatever, atm it doesnt have much done, but is enough to show it off. I was planning to have it work simular to windows (with no were near the power obviously) but still look nice. The windows forms in it, would be made like .Net applications are made. (take a look in the Data/Applications/TestApplication/Testapp.pnk to see what I mean(if you have used .net).. will include most of the main window controls (buttons,labels,scrollbars,textboxes,etc..) and in future if I decide to work for it will be easily customizable, and easy enough to add to any game. But, I have a demo "Here" and even a Screen shot. Tell me if I'd continue, and I wouldnt mind haveing some people with suggestions if I am to continue. See ya.

[credits]
Near Fantastica's mouse script, and keyboard input script.

[ScreenShot]
http://filecities.com/files/3055/screenir.PNG[/IMG]
(dont mind the hard to read text, just chang width of label in the demo to see what it says, I .rar'd the demo befor realizeing the width was a lil too small, and thoguht I'd make screenshot of current demo, not modded. Would confuse some people or something ~_~)

Huh?
TestApp.pnk":j2u4iyml said:
label1 = Label.new
label1.text = "LOL TEST LABEL FUNCTION RAWR!~"
label1.posistion = [0,0]
label1.size = [100,16]
label1.update = true
You were turning it into Visual Basic/Visual C?

Gotta admit, it's got style. Able to drag-n-drop windows and have mouse-over-cursor reactions to the icons was a nice touch.

Now, when I first saw the screenshot, I thought you could type into the notepad. Oh, well. But, if you got the notepad feature to 'accept' text from the keyboard and record it somehow... :D

HUUUUU... Move on... That´s great

Question:

Am i able to install ( virtual ) games or programms on it, and the skript will save this...? If yes... am i able to start them over this PC?

O.M.G!

This is awesome!

*Thinking about making a Hacking game, must resist..*
^_^ This script could be great!

~DopeyCriz

Huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestApp.pnk
label1 = Label.new
label1.text = "LOL TEST LABEL FUNCTION RAWR!~"
label1.posistion = [0,0]
label1.size = [100,16]
label1.update = true
You were turning it into Visual Basic/Visual C?
Form building will be simular to VB.NET less complicated though...

Am i able to install ( virtual ) games or programms on it, and the skript will save this...? If yes... am i able to start them over this PC?

what are you talking about? o.o

If I do continue it will include fallowing..
[Form Controls]
Button
Label
Scrollbar
Range Bar
Panel
Tab Control
Color Dialog
Save Dialog(Maybe: I'll think more on this later)
Text box
Rich Text Box
Picture Box
ProgressBar
Menu Bar
Radio Button
Check box
more..if I dont get lazy. :)

[Event Properties]
It will include simple to use control events as well ex:
button = Button.new
button.Click_Event {
colordialog.Show
}

[other..]
RMXP Game compatibility
easy to use, modify
A small documentry in the script to contain tutorials on how to use make forms. ~_~

and others simular to that layout.. (OnMouseOver,OnChange,etc..)

I'll see how far I can go into it, but I tend to get bored somewhat easily when making things, so hopefully if I get enough feed back ill continue much further. Dont get your hopes up. ~_~ Bye.

PS: This can be a community based project, if anyone wants to help, or give out some ideas.

Japa

See if you can make a pseudo map program in there, that can either show anactual map (rather hard) or a picture.

Wouldnt it be easier to make hacking games with this? With an OS, desktop, etc.? I would love to see a hacking game other than Uplink, Street Hacker, and Dark Signs.

Dude, this is an awesome way to manupilate the bitmap.

Although, I don't see how usefull it would be, other then a hacking game.

Other then that it inspired me on many levels. Thanks!

Lol, hacking game? Well, was never planned to be usefull, I just wanted to learn rgss sicne I had more knowledge in programmign then I used too, and so I started this. :P Anyhow, there are alot of things it can be used in, when ya put your mind to it. ;)

I was in the middle of a similar script when you came with this... xD

I´m implementing exactly the same idea via RGSS for a MORPG i´m planning to make... I just wonder if you´re using API calls or if you´re just making it inside RGSS (my case, it becomes more appealing ^^), because on the way it appears it looks like you had called Windows functions ^^

EDIT: No way, just RGSS´s bitmap drawing... I was using the default Window class, but i´m seriously thinking about changing it to a new class, like the one you did. BTW it´s very appealing, kudos to you boy, continue with the script ^^

If you look at the source, reading the window::form tab in the scripts editor, the Form class youll notice if you look carfully its all drawn manually, there are no API's ~_~ Dont see why thatd be neccesary when RGSS has the ability to simulate such things.
Eh, might have a hacking feature, but it is a virtual world mmo. Would you be able to add the internet? XD
Adding the internet wouldnt be as simple as you saying. Although possible. When you say internet.. if you mean a web browser class then although possible to gather html etc from a server and drawing images etc from the server to a bitmap in rgss may be possible if done correctly, although, would be very hectic, and lag alot. So thats not something im planning to waste time on. If you mean a simple TCP Socket/Server background class, then I'd be glad to make. :) Would need to touch up on those though, in my past I havnt quite masterd 'em. Although, im sure I could get it.

Let me wait though for more people to...(being distracted by star treck)... want this, I get somewhat lazy if I have no real purpose specially when this was just to help me relearn rgss a little. :) But so far 4-5 people want this continued, perhaps when there is more. I'll work more. Although for now, I'm going to wait.

Nin

This could be implimented into a futuristic game where the main character uses their computer for numerous.. well stuff (let me think about it for a bit). :P
VERY awesome script so far, PinkMan, you've always been one of the best scripters I've seen in the rmxp community.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.